PDA

View Full Version : Crashed Donzi CT River

David Hartmann
07-05-2007, 03:18 PM
For those of you that run your boat in the CT River. I am trying to locate a 24 to 28 foot Baja type boat with some significant fiberglass damage. I think it was blue and white. If anyone knows anything please email me or call davidh@deckfastener.com 860 944 1210.

I am glad I got that restoration award at the LG event. I was drifting down the CT river Tuesday night. I got hit by a boat doing between 40 and 50mph. That set me back 100 hours or so. Totally opened up the Bow. Mostly topside nothing below the waterline although they had no idea as they took off and did not stop to see how bad things were. I had 8 people on board We were extrordinarly lucky that no one got hurt. Honestly we could have been killed. I think it sucks that the guy took off. I am hoping that I can find him and he has insurance that would make repair a lot easier. I think also someone should talk to him about the idea of leaving the scene of a major boating accident.

Thanks for any help

Kirk
07-05-2007, 03:52 PM
Dave.....

Nice speaking with you.

I'll speak to Brendan and Cliff when I catch up with them!

I part-time @ west marine and know quite a few people in the trade that might help.....we shall see!

My email is kjackson85@comcast.net

KJ

RedDog
07-05-2007, 03:56 PM
Dang - sounds like the guy deserves some jail time to me.

Glad all are alright

David Hartmann
07-05-2007, 04:24 PM
Oh yeah
the crash was near cromwell on the east side just south of Guildersleeve Island (Petzolds Marine)

Kirbyvv
07-05-2007, 08:51 PM
Dave, that sucks. We stopped by Mohican Island looking for you a couple times over the last few days, now I know why there was no blue St. Tropez. Hope they can catch him and he gets what he deserves.

BERTRAM BOY
07-05-2007, 09:26 PM
I'll make a couple of calls to see if anyone knows the boat. Which way was he headed after the incident?

We were out Tuesday P.M. as well. We went North though......

jl1962
07-05-2007, 09:37 PM
Holy crap that's scary! Thank goodness no one was hurt. I hope they nail the SOB and fix your boat too.

Did you file a report? Keep us posted.

JL

David Hartmann
07-05-2007, 10:00 PM
At the time of Impact they were going South. I filed a report but I am not sure the DEP is going to do anything with it.

I think it must be someone that is on the river often as it is not everyone that goes out on the river at night. I never saw them come back up so I am guessing that they either keep it south or they pulled it out south of Cromwell. Either that or they were afraid to go back north and have to pas us.

DON N.
07-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Dave Also Sorry To Hear About Your Damage . Hope Cliff Can Find
Out Something ! Just Curious This Happened At Dark ?

DONZI
07-06-2007, 08:02 PM
Dave,
So sorry to hear about this. Glad you and yourfriends are O.K.
We all know how much sweat equity you have put into this boat.I'm posting this story all over the Net. Hopefully when this lowlife goes too have some repair work done. The shop owner will have heard about this. Turning up the heat on this Scumbag.
Here's Daves boat for those whom haven't seen it.
http://inlinethumb55.webshots.com/3638/2770466070101021175S500x500Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2770466070101021175moEiGs)

Tank
07-10-2007, 09:03 AM
Hi Dave
Very sorry to here of this !
Thank GOD no one was heart!
Glad to her you kept a cool head and did not try to give chase.
Hope you get him!!! I will supply the rope!:mad:
Photos of your boat have bin an inspiration to me to work on my
St Tropez!:yes:
I hope the repair will go easy and fast!

Brian

David Hartmann
07-13-2007, 07:40 PM
Everyone on this site has been awesome. Thank you so much for all the help. I am still looking.

Status update

I have about 80 hours into the boat repairs. If I can get a bunch of work done this weekend. The paint shop will take the boat Monday Morning at 8 and they tell me it might be done by Friday.

Lenny
07-13-2007, 08:25 PM
Brutal, all the above says it all.

Good on you for keeping a level head.

Ya know, we DON'T need people like that on this fragile Planet. PERIOD.

Hope yallzz are OK. :)

Lenny and Deneen.

:)