PDA

View Full Version : 60 cal nitro pistol

mrfixxall
07-03-2007, 10:58 AM
this guy trys to shoot it ha!! i can barely hang on to my S&W 50 cal..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yzI0AIpUUA

Carl C
07-03-2007, 11:10 AM
Reading the comments was more entertaining than the video. Sheeesh, what a pissing match!:eek!:

FOSTER
07-03-2007, 11:56 AM
You think a two handed grip would be in order?

Rootsy
07-03-2007, 12:02 PM
That's almost as good as the one with Habib lighting off the 577 T-Rex in the little glass room :bonk:

BTW, I've lit off a 500 S&W X frame... I'd rather put a few cylinders of that down range than SD loads through my little model 60 357.... Least you can still feel your hand after 5 rounds... Long barrels, weight and compensators really tame the beast...

Cuda
07-03-2007, 12:53 PM
That's almost as good as the one with Habib lighting off the 577 T-Rex in the little glass room :bonk:

BTW, I've lit off a 500 S&W X frame... I'd rather put a few cylinders of that down range than SD loads through my little model 60 357.... Least you can still feel your hand after 5 rounds... Long barrels, weight and compensators really tame the beast...
That one with Habib and the 577 T Rex was damn sure funny. This one is about as good. It looks like the pistol hits him in the head, knocking his cap off!:biggrin.:

I kind of agree with you Rootsy, I rather fire rounds of the hottest 44 mags I can safely load out of my Colt Anaconda with the eight inch barrel, than standard loads from my 357 Python. The 357 hurts my ears. It's more of a high pitch crack, whereas the 44 is more of a boom. I once overloaded my 357. I fired a couple rounds at the range, and thought it was kicking awfully hard, so I didn't shoot anymore of them. I got home, pulled a bullet, weighed the powder, and found I was looking at the wrong powder when I loaded them. All I can say is I'm glad it was a Colt instead of some cheapy 357, or people might be calling me Lefty today.:eek!:

Rootsy
07-03-2007, 01:32 PM
That one with Habib and the 577 T Res was damn sure funny. This one is about as good. It looks like the pistol hits him in the head, knocking his cap off!:biggrin.:
I kind of agree with you Rootsy, I rather fire rounds of the hottest 44 mags I can safely load out of my Colt Anaconda with the eight inch barrel, than standard loads from my 357 Python. The 357 hurts my ears. It's more of a high pitch crack, whereas the 44 is more of a boom. I once overloaded my 357. I fired a couple rounds at the range, and thought it was kicking awfully hard, so I didn't shoot anymore of them. I got home, pulled a bullet, weighed the powder, and found I was looking at the wrong powder when I loaded them. All I can say is I'm glad it was a Colt instead of some cheapy 357, or people might be calling me Lefty today.:eek!:

my 6" 686+ (357) with my hunting loads are HOT but (16.8 gr WW296, CCI 350 and 158 gr Hornady XTP) are ***** cats compared to sending some speer gold dot lawman out of my 2" model 60 J frame (357)... it's all about weight of the gun and and CG as well as geometry...

Cuda
07-03-2007, 02:34 PM
Speaking of barrel weight and muzzle brakes, I can shoot my 45/70 Marlin Guide Gun with one hand with factory loads, even though when Debbie saw the cartridges she said, "Not just no, but hell no!".:wink:

Now when you load the 45/70 up to high pressures, it will damn sure get your attention.:eek!:

sweet 16 1966
07-04-2007, 07:41 AM
I have a sw 357 but don't like the ear after ringing. Got a friend wanting to sell his sw 500. Retail for 1000 I am told? Anyone know its value? I tried to search for gun values but all links were a trick. I'm thinking $500.

Carl C
07-04-2007, 09:24 AM
Should easily fetch $500 or more if in good condition. Quality firearms tend to hold their value.:fire:

Cuda
07-04-2007, 01:30 PM
Quality firearms tend to hold their value.:fire:
That's what I tell Debbie. I call my collection my "low intrest bearing savings account".:eek!:

A gun is always worth something. If the world goes to hell, and the dollar ain't worth a dime, a gun still has value. You can keep people from taking away your stuff, you can trade one for something you need, or you can use it to take someone else's stuff you need. It will ALWAYS have a value.

FOSTER
07-04-2007, 02:23 PM
Is it my understanding from reading some of these posts that some of you don't wear hearing protection all the time when shooting? I will turn this up in case you can't hear me, ARE YOU NUTS?

Carl C
07-04-2007, 03:15 PM
Is it my understanding from reading some of these posts that some of you don't wear hearing protection all the time when shooting? I will turn this up in case you can't hear me, ARE YOU NUTS? WHAT?

Carl C
07-04-2007, 04:06 PM
Just kidding; not guilty

Cuda
07-04-2007, 04:41 PM
Is it my understanding from reading some of these posts that some of you don't wear hearing protection all the time when shooting? I will turn this up in case you can't hear me, ARE YOU NUTS?
Not when I'm hunting. I always wear them at the range.

Rootsy
07-05-2007, 06:29 AM

I made that mistake one time in my life... removing the lock from the gate up north with the Blackhawk... my ears rang for 2 days after that... one fo the dumbest things I've ever done... hearing protection always has been and still is mandatory... for anything more than the 22...

Cuda
07-05-2007, 03:56 PM
It's kind of hard to hear a deer or a hog walking up wearing ear protection. I have shot pistols in the woods without them. I've also been know to run with siscors in my hand.

FOSTER
07-05-2007, 04:30 PM
Cuda try a set of electronic ear muffs around $70 from cabelas, or the ultra ear itc at $65, Both will enhance your hearing and block out any harmfull noise from your guns. I use the muffs all the time, when you fire a shot you don't hear the blast but you will hear your brass hitting the floor and the round hitting down range. Hate to see anyone missing out on the sweet sound of their engine running later in life.
Bret.

Cuda
07-05-2007, 06:34 PM
Cuda try a set of electronic ear muffs around $70 from cabelas, or the ultra ear itc at $65, Both will enhance your hearing and block out any harmfull noise from your guns. I use the muffs all the time, when you fire a shot you don't hear the blast but you will hear your brass hitting the floor and the round hitting down range. Hate to see anyone missing out on the sweet sound of their engine running later in life.
Bret.
Too late. I think sleeping with my head between big speakers listening to rock all night already ruined me.