PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Jay Lurie.

Magicallbill
06-30-2007, 03:23 AM
Hey Jay;
Got your E-mail at my Flying Toaster address.

Trouble is, I can't seem to send a reply back to you.
it just kicks it back to me as "failed delivery."

So, hopefully you'll read this..I certainly would enjoy swapping stories and concepts..We'll just have to do it thru here.

Anyway, a quick answer to your Volvo "fin" question.

Jason and I only drove the boats with the configuration you saw in the pics..
We never ran them with the directional fin in place, so I can offer no comparison.
I can say that with the hydraulic steering, it takes away any torque-oriented pull out of the wheel. Both the red and my blue are great to pilot. They need no tabs and are stable up to the low 60's. After that, they start doing the Macarena with us at the wheel.
By the way, thanks for sending me the shots of your 16 awhile back..Way cool, and somebody told me our 16's were pretty close together on the production line.
Anyway, hopefully you'll get this.

Take care,

B.....

jl1962
06-30-2007, 06:03 AM
Thanks Bill. Still learning the boat and the handling, bit by bit - it's my favorite boat. Would love to see yours and Jason's boats someday. Maybe Tony can triangulate someplace equally (in)convenient to all of us!

Rock On!

Jay

Magicallbill
06-30-2007, 11:05 AM
Yeah..Tony!!

I remember we discussed briefly an idea about going to Michigan with them..Can't remember who else was on the ticket. Something about Rootsy's area and maybe meeting up with him or something.
I would be up for that in August..

Rootsy
07-02-2007, 06:23 AM
Yeah..Tony!!
I remember we discussed briefly an idea about going to Michigan with them..Can't remember who else was on the ticket. Something about Rootsy's area and maybe meeting up with him or something.
I would be up for that in August..

Coldwater Chain of lakes, Irish Hills, wherever you kids want to boat... Let me know and I'll keep my calander Open.. Seal up all holes on the Mistress and bring my paddle...

Magicallbill
07-04-2007, 06:05 PM
Tony, are you reading this?

Time to get organized..
I have a Sun-Mon-Tues planned with Roadtrip at Cumberland in August, but the dates haven't been determined yet.
Other than that, I'm up for whenever..Just has to be Sun-Tues for me.
I'll help and make a couple phone calls if necessary..

MB...

jl1962
07-04-2007, 07:04 PM
August is tough for me - we have a rental on Lake George. July might work although it's not much notice, or even September. I would love to see the Mistress and some magical 16's but could we triangulate a little further east? Say Penn or Ohio?

Believe Tony is camping behind the pine curtain w/ little to no internet access. He'll check in soon enough.

Happy 4th All!

Jay

Magicallbill
07-05-2007, 04:50 PM
Jay;
The driving is no prob..The issue is time.
If we meet in Eastern Ohio, or Pennslyvania, I spend a day getting there, getting launched and setteled in. Then, there is one day of boating and I have to head back the next day fairly early to make it back Tues nite.
If I had a week or maybe 4 days, I'd drive as far as it took.
By the same token, I don't want you to take on the same problem trying to rendevouz with us.
We'll figure it out..
Sept. is the magic month, looks like.. The rest of my July is crammed..

Tony
07-11-2007, 10:51 PM
We dragged our fifth wheel up to Frankfort, MI, onto a year-round campsite. So our boat stays up there, too, for the better part of summer. But, come late August, it will be back downstate and we could do a Monday or Tuesday in Jamie Root's area. If it is September then it would have to be a Sunday for me.

Magicallbill
07-14-2007, 02:19 AM
Hey Tony;
Jason and I will be on Cumberland with Roadtrip and possibly Jerry and Grizz on the 19th-20th and 21st of August. We'll have both our 16's there.
The way things have shaped up recently, I don't think I have any more time open in August..As you probably read, Jay may not be able to come as far as Michigan anyway.
One other thought..
I spent several summers working at Portage Point Inn and Onekama Marine just South of Frankfort.
We will be vacationing there the last week of July arriving Sat. the 21st.
Jason will have the 16 there, hopefully plus his ZF 23 CC. I will be staying aboard my Grady-White, so my 16 will be absent.
Let me know if you'll be in Frankfort anytime that week..It's 21 miles, pierhead-to-pierhead, so it's an easy run when the Lake is calm.
I wanted to meet Rootsy and spin around up in his area, but August didn't shake out the way I thought it would.