PDA

View Full Version : First full power run the whipple report

zimm17
06-29-2007, 04:21 PM
Well the blower is still running really rich. I finally installed my dana riser modified by them to have an innovative tech LM-1 wide band O2 sensor installed.

Air to fuel ratio is 10:1 at idle through 2500, then it cleans up to 11:1. Still rich.

Runs great though and has lots of power. I ran a top speed of 80.5mph (GPS) at 4750rpm with the Fusion 4 blade 29p prop.

I'm going to send the computer back to Mark Boos at Precision Marine for some tweeking with the logs I took. After I get a cleaner run, then I'll look at maybe dropping an inch or two on the prop to get over 5000rpm.

Overall I'm real happy with the blower. Of course I grounded a hidden sand bar at low tide and stuffed my drive full of sand approaching the ramp. So tomorrow will be lots of fun flushing out hoses and replacing the impeller AGAIN (up to four this season).

But at least I have an 80mph boat. Hoping for 85 after some more tweaking...

Last Real Texan
06-29-2007, 04:30 PM
Rich is an understatement.....That is super FAT....

Great to hear that Things have worked out well with the install and 80.5 is movin in a classic.

Mark is the man and he will clean it up for you!

Just amke sure you change your oil when you get it tuned right....That fat and you will be making the full line on your dipstick under the oil line in the pan.

Giddy-up

Bryan

MOP
06-29-2007, 06:15 PM
I bet you will be a lot closer to your goal getting the mixture inline.

Phil

BigGrizzly
06-29-2007, 06:44 PM
Don't touch the prop,when the engine is cleaned and the shorty it will probably pull over 5000. Sit tight it will work out. With the over rich setting your short about 5o hp on the set up.

zimm17
06-29-2007, 08:21 PM
Thanks Randy. I plan to hold onto the prop until after the tuning. I'm going to ship out the computer tomorrow and get the sand out of my heat exchanger.

LKSD
06-30-2007, 07:43 AM
Don't touch the prop,when the engine is cleaned and the shorty it will probably pull over 5000. Sit tight it will work out. With the over rich setting your short about 5o hp on the set up.

Thats what I was thinking too..

A little fat for safety is one thing, there is a fine line to how fat you run something. If you go too fat it can have a negative affect & can do damage just like lean causes damage.. The rich conditions just take a little longer to ruin stuff by wearing it down from wash down.

I think once you lean it a scoche you will gain a little more power & rpm..

Jamie / Lakeside

HallJ
06-30-2007, 08:21 PM
Is this boat running a Mefi 4?

Jeff

zimm17
07-01-2007, 08:25 AM
Is this boat running a Mefi 4?
Jeff

No, it's a MEFI-3

The Hedgehog
07-02-2007, 04:13 PM
Well the blower is still running really rich. I finally installed my dana riser modified by them to have an innovative tech LM-1 wide band O2 sensor installed.
Air to fuel ratio is 10:1 at idle through 2500, then it cleans up to 11:1. Still rich.
Runs great though and has lots of power. I ran a top speed of 80.5mph (GPS) at 4750rpm with the Fusion 4 blade 29p prop.
I'm going to send the computer back to Mark Boos at Precision Marine for some tweeking with the logs I took. After I get a cleaner run, then I'll look at maybe dropping an inch or two on the prop to get over 5000rpm.
Overall I'm real happy with the blower. Of course I grounded a hidden sand bar at low tide and stuffed my drive full of sand approaching the ramp. So tomorrow will be lots of fun flushing out hoses and replacing the impeller AGAIN (up to four this season).
But at least I have an 80mph boat. Hoping for 85 after some more tweaking...

What is the size of your O2 sensor bung? I had Dana put a large gaffrig pyro bung in my riser. It was not even close to accepting Tex's O2 sensor.

The Hedgehog
07-02-2007, 04:14 PM
I guess that it is kind of bad when you ask a guy about the size of his bung?:eek!:

zimm17
07-03-2007, 05:24 AM
standard sized O2 bung that came with the LM-1. It's for a Bosch wide band O2 sensor. I did get the $7.95 stainless bung vice the steel one it comes with.

Dr. Dan
07-03-2007, 06:33 AM
I guess that it is kind of bad when you ask a guy about the size of his bung?:eek!:

:eek!: Yep... especially when your Avitar is a picture of Ron Jeremy? I would be careful, you might need a license to keep this conversation going... soon it will morph into preferred Lube then "Thermostatic Temp Probes" for monitoring ... your Pyro Meter? Soon you'll tell us your Wifes favorite Doctor is "Doc Johnson?"

I mean what's this performance Donzi Classic Stuff turned into.. next we'll read about some former Flight Attendant owning an a Scorpion 18, that's gonna kick everyones ass!

Thank God... at least I am reasonable and never talk smack!!! :wink:

Doc of Rectum...Hell it Killed Him :spongebob:

The Hedgehog
07-03-2007, 09:26 AM
:eek!: Yep... especially when your Avitar is a picture of Ron Jeremy? I would be careful, you might need a license to keep this conversation going... soon it will morph into preferred Lube then "Thermostatic Temp Probes" for monitoring ... your Pyro Meter? Soon you'll tell us your Wifes favorite Doctor is "Doc Johnson?"
I mean what's this performance Donzi Classic Stuff turned into.. next we'll read about some former Flight Attendant owning an a Scorpion 18, that's gonna kick everyones ass!

Actually that would be Dr Graeffenberg. :wink:He has a famous spot named after him.

The Flight Attendant was one I met on a late might flight. She had a nice Little Red 18 and it had one hell of a Scorpion. Anyway, I was coming home on a late night flight and she noticed I was a boating enthusiast. Since it was late she called me back to talk in the attendant section. Well she said it was running sort of rich and wanted to know if she could borrow my O2 sensor. So I told her that I happened to have one on me......Chicka dow, chicka dow dow........ :cool:

The Hedgehog
07-03-2007, 09:27 AM
Actually that would be Dr Graeffenberg. :wink:He has a famous spot named after him.
The Flight Attendant was one I met on a late might flight. She had a nice Little Red 18 and it had one hell of a Scorpion. Anyway, I was coming home on a late night flight and she noticed I was a boating enthusiast. Since it was late she called me back to talk in the attendant section. Well she said it was running sort of rich and wanted to know if she could borrow my O2 sensor. So I told her that I happened to have one on me......Chicka dow, chicka dow dow........ :cool:

BigGrizzly
07-03-2007, 11:02 AM
Getting back on track Zim I do think 85 is attainable with what you have now. just hang on.

LKSD
07-03-2007, 11:29 AM
Come on griz, being off track can be a little fun.. Maybe they can use a "DP" dpx volvo drive series for some twin prop perf.... :D :D :D Sorry I had to do it.. :) Jamie

Cuda
07-03-2007, 12:28 PM
All I can add is I never got sent home because my bung was too small.:eek!: