PDA

View Full Version : 1998 Classic 18'

Vegas Classic
06-28-2007, 09:27 AM
It's with a heavy heart that I have to sell my 18'. I've got an opportunity I can't pass up and hopefully will put me in a position to buy a 22' in a couple of years. It's a solid boat, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, reserve is $18.5k.

Thanks, Frank.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3ALCA%3AUS%3A11&viewitem=&item=170126296148

socalcrickett
06-28-2007, 06:46 PM
BEAUTIFUL!!!! :eek!:
is there i number i can call tp get more information.
Thanks,
Chet Ryzewski

Vegas Classic
06-28-2007, 06:55 PM
Thanks. I sent you an IM with my phone number.

Frank

Carpe Donzi
07-05-2007, 09:38 AM
SOLD! Now, what am I going to tell my wife?

Vegas Classic
07-05-2007, 09:54 AM
Congrats Paul.

This is a great forum, thanks to everyone! I'll be back, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Frank

roadtrip se
07-05-2007, 02:16 PM
SOLD! Now, what am I going to tell my wife?

Congrats Paul,

Hope my assessment and advice to buy this boat helped in the transaction.

Think of the best part, you won't have to risk your life again riding shotgun with me on "The Run What You Brung" leg of the LG Poker Run!

Vegas Classic
07-05-2007, 11:49 PM
Thanks Roadtrip, I appreciate it. I can't believe after all of my efforts to bring her out west, she's headed back east. It's nice to know she'll be in good company up there.

Regards,
Frank

Barry Phillips
07-16-2007, 12:37 PM
Good for Paul, that sweet little 18 was my first Donzi, she was ordered through Lake George Boat Company May 1997 and I picked her up July 4th. The black boot stripe was a custom order, as was the Bravo 1 drive, rare for an 18. I traded her in for a 496 equipped 22 in 03. To give you some Idea about hours, my 22 is starting it's 5th season and has only 115 hrs on it. Since she is back in NY, it would be great to see he again, maybe at the Lake George Classsics Donzi Club fall picnic. You got a great boat that has been cared for, so I hope to meet you at LG this Fall.

Vegas, I'm sorry you have to give her up.

BP

Carpe Donzi
07-17-2007, 06:00 AM
Barry, thanks for your note. Very excited about the boat. Should be picked up today by uShip.com in Vegas to start the long trip to Buffalo. This too will be my first Donzi, first boat for that matter. Looking forward to having a new interest, and a new way to spend money. And spend and spend and spend. Always liked the lines of the classic and didn't look at anything else. RoadTrip et,al pointed me in the right direction.

None of our family cars has any towing capacity, so it may be awhile before we visit Lake George. You're always welcome if you happen to be visiting Western NY.

LakeView - I know you just sold your 22. Would love to have you show me the ropes when the boat arrives next week. Sould be at the Small Boat Harbor just south of Buffalo by month end.

Barry Phillips
07-17-2007, 10:27 AM
It's ironic, I purchased the 22 from Boat Store in NE PA on the Northern end of Lake Erie, 377 miles from my place in the Southern Adirondack. I left my place at 6 am and reached PA by noon, but the 22 was not ready, the dealer had the deposit since February, so I could not get out of their before 5pm and hit Buffalo rush hour traffic, since it was the Thursday before Memorial Day, the only fair weather in the forecast. I did not have a travel cover for the 22. I arrived home mid-night, what a ride.

So this is your first boat, wow. I ordered her as a 97 with a 4 barrel equipped 350 rated at 275-hp, but the boat delivered as a 98 model with the 250-hp 5.7L, so their was some question about the availability of the Bravo 1 with this power package. The dealer did not expect the motor change and I didn't get the choice to upgrade to 300-hp MPI Mag. Anyway when I owned her even with 250-hp it ran like stink, 65-mph on radar. In the best conditions I saw 67 on the speedo. Along the line someone added the 4 barrel and Edelbrock intake, tabs, stereo, and different grab handle. I installed a black fusion coated handle from Rex Marine. I was planning on the motor upgrades and tabs, but wound up buying the 22 instead. The boat never gave me any trouble, never.

Get some seat time in her first, take it easy, Donzi Classics are not beginner boats. You will get a feel for how high she is flying though the seat of your pants and the prop will ventilate when maximum drive angle is reached. She tows easy, so when you get a tow vehicle, come on down to and check out the Club. One last tip, when you start towing her take off the boot cover or you will lose it. I found out the hard way, a guy picked it off the road and followed me to gas station to return it.

Good Luck

Carpe Donzi
07-23-2007, 09:16 PM
Arrived Monday at 8.30pm. The driver stated that the trailer gave no trouble during the trip. Only light road grime on the hull, and the cover was still tightly strapped down.

I'm sure I'll have some questions later on but now I'm focusing on what I'm going to say when I call into the office - very, very sick. For now, when were the fluids last changed, and are you using synthetic or the real stuff? Viscosity/weight and brand?

Many thanks for the lines and jackets. My son, a coxie at Northeastern University, located his school-issued jacket and is ready to rock.

We'll take good care of her and report our first outing.

osur866
07-23-2007, 11:29 PM
Don't forget about taking the rear seat cushions out either!!! They will join the cockpit cover on the side of the road.

Vegas Classic
07-24-2007, 08:47 AM
HI Paul, Glad she made it safely! I hope you guys enjoy the rest of your summer!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Frank