PDA

View Full Version : Minxguy needs windshield HELP!

MOP
06-25-2007, 11:22 AM
Kenny tripped in his boat house and bent one of the "side" S/S windshield frame pieces, he is hunting one!!!

Phil

LKSD
06-26-2007, 09:55 PM
Phil,

Which boat is it? The minx or the classic?

Do you know which mfg windshield it was? Jamie / Lakeside

MOP
06-27-2007, 06:14 AM
Jamie it is a 22C 99, Ken told me the maker was Florida Marine Tank he got that from Donzi.

Phil

LKSD
06-27-2007, 09:19 AM
hmm. I have never dealt with them as far as I can remember. I know that most stuff thru water bonnet, or Taylor is discontinued after 5-7 years of non sales of a certain part. Can his existing windshield fram rail be bent back into shape, or is it kinked? If I remeber from when we did some work on his 22 the rails were stainless as opposed to aluminum. I may be able to get my metal fab shop to refab one in the press & polish it.. I can check with them if need be.. I would need some measurements though & a little diagram. I dont vividly remember the full profile of the rail or its dimensions, also eventhough there are usually several Donzi's at any given time in my shop, I dont have one with his windshield in currently.. :bonk:

Im here if I can help.. Let me know guys.. :) Jamie / Lakeside

MOP
06-27-2007, 03:15 PM
Jamie Ken will give you a call, he is on his way down from the river. It may be fixable as there is no kinks! Over the years I have bent a few on clients boats one way or another and managed to save most! I will look at it as soon as I get up to the river! Ah 1K is a coming!

Phil

LKSD
06-28-2007, 10:28 AM
Sounds good.. Actually if it is not kinked, you may be able to bend it back, or have a local metal fabricator do it.. :) I am here if you guys need me.. :) Jamie / Lakeside