PDA

View Full Version : Donzis -sold one and bought one

fastcat
06-24-2007, 09:22 PM
I sold my 1968 Classic 18;Barrel Back; V-Drive and delivered it to the new owner yesterday.
Today we took a ride in our new to us 1996 CLassic 22; 454 Magnum. We bought here in Jacksonville from board member laidback / laidback027.

I was sad to see the 18 go but having the 22 at home waiting for us made it a little less painful.

I'm sure there will be a whole new set of questions for the board members...like what kind of carb is on it as laidback027 did not know either.

BUIZILLA
06-24-2007, 09:29 PM
should be a Weber carb if its a 385hp setup...

fastcat
06-24-2007, 09:49 PM
I just went out and got some numbers off the carb and what you say verifies what I found..it is a Weber. It is stamped with 9779S 2499.
The Bravo One outdrive is OF735894. It's too late to crawl in and find the engine number. I found a number on the manifold - I think it was 6269318.

BUIZILLA
06-24-2007, 10:16 PM
the 9779S is a Carter#, Weber bought the rights from Carter, and I think Edelbrock bought the rights from Weber.... it's a pretty good carb, the AVS design has been around since the 60's.....

Cuda
06-24-2007, 11:23 PM
Very nice. I know you have been looking for a 22 for a while. Where abouts in Jax do you live? We are working off Racetrack Road, near 95 at the edge of St John's County. The nearest develpement is Julington Creek. We will be near Orange Park on Argyle in the next few weeks at a new Home Depot. Maybe Deb and I will get a chance to swing by to see your new boat.

fastcat
06-25-2007, 06:51 AM
Very nice. I know you have been looking for a 22 for a while. Where abouts in Jax do you live? We are working off Racetrack Road, near 95 at the edge of St John's County. The nearest develpement is Julington Creek. We will be near Orange Park on Argyle in the next few weeks at a new Home Depot. Maybe Deb and I will get a chance to swing by to see your new boat.

We live in Orange Park on Fleming Island, which is not too far from Argyle. We would love to have you guys stop by. I'll PM my phone number.

vonkamp
06-25-2007, 02:11 PM
Congrats on the sale and purchase. The 22 looks great, I'm sure we'll see you on the St. Johns soon. :)

drew0982
06-25-2007, 03:01 PM
that's a real beauty... congrats! :)

fastcat
06-25-2007, 03:17 PM
Congrats on the sale and purchase. The 22 looks great, I'm sure we'll see you on the St. Johns soon. :)

Thanks. Great idea having George work on your boat. It is sure to be a work of art.

Cuda
06-25-2007, 07:10 PM
We live in Orange Park on Fleming Island, which is not too far from Argyle. We would love to have you guys stop by. I'll PM my phone number.
Anywhere near Whitey's or Doctor's Lake? I'd love to run in that area.

Last Tango
06-25-2007, 08:55 PM
Okay, no excuses next year for not running the 2008 Angel Aid Poker Run. And about 10 SEADOG and Donzi Registry events between now and then!
I'm in Ohio this week and next with my parents. Otherwise I'd have to chew out 'Cuda for not speaking up sooner about being on Race Track Rd. I live on the river at the far western end of that stretch of road.

Cuda
06-25-2007, 09:20 PM
Okay, no excuses next year for not running the 2008 Angel Aid Poker Run. And about 10 SEADOG and Donzi Registry events between now and then!
I'm in Ohio this week and next with my parents. Otherwise I'd have to chew out 'Cuda for not speaking up sooner about being on Race Track Rd. I live on the river at the far western end of that stretch of road.
I haven't been to the end of Racetrack Road in that direction. We get off on CR 210 at mm 229, head east to US1, north to Racetrack, then south at Linde Ave (CR 223). I know there should be a way to get back to 210 on the west side of I 95, but I haven't tried to yet.

wagspe208
06-25-2007, 09:20 PM
I bought the old one.
Congrats on the new one Fastcat.
We couldn't wait to get it wet. It was raining when we got back to the local river. We put in and made a pass or two. Totally cool.
A couple quick tuning changes and I'll be ready to go back out. I moved the throttle pedal for my legs. I struggled with the trim (probably operator error), so I might buy the rocker switch setup from bennet. I have an MSD performance ignition on the way. (I'm a drag boat guy).
I'll post what the top sped is now that I made a couple changes.
Man I'm ready for Saturday.
Wags
I'll take very good care of her.

Last Tango
06-25-2007, 09:31 PM
Cuda,
When heading north on I-95 get off at CR210 and turn LEFT (West). Go about 2/10ths of a mile and look sharp for a nothing road on the right called Russell Sampson Rd. Go north on Russell Sampson until you come to a major intersection with a traffic light. Turn RIGHT (North, again) and follow to the end. That is Race Track Road at that second traffic light. I-95 overpass is now a couple miles to your right.
I have lived here for 38 years and never heard of Linde road. LOL! Is it part of the Julington Creek Plantation? Soooo many changes in the last 10 years, particularly at that end of Race Track Rd.

fastcat
06-25-2007, 10:12 PM
Anywhere near Whitey's or Doctor's Lake? I'd love to run in that area.

We are 15 minutes from Whitey's by car, 20 minutes by boat. Very, very close to Doctor's lake, less than 1 mile south.

fastcat
06-25-2007, 10:15 PM

Mark- still waiting for you to come by the "Hanley Marina". Can't miss our place- just look for our sailboat moored out 100' from the end of the dock and the 2 Hobie cats up by the bulkhead. If you don't see us, call my cell.

Cuda
06-26-2007, 09:08 PM
Cuda,
When heading north on I-95 get off at CR210 and turn LEFT (West). Go about 2/10ths of a mile and look sharp for a nothing road on the right called Russell Sampson Rd. Go north on Russell Sampson until you come to a major intersection with a traffic light. Turn RIGHT (North, again) and follow to the end. That is Race Track Road at that second traffic light. I-95 overpass is now a couple miles to your right.
I have lived here for 38 years and never heard of Linde road. LOL! Is it part of the Julington Creek Plantation? Soooo many changes in the last 10 years, particularly at that end of Race Track Rd.
Mark, I bet the way you just said is closer than the way we have been going. We did McDonald's last year if you turn right on 210. Is Russell Sampson before or after that McDonald's? There is also a Suntrust Bank on that road (I know because that's where my account is, and my guys cashed their paychecks there.

We took the scenic route today. I took Hwy 11 out of Deland, hit US1 in Bunnell, then went under I-95 staying on US1 until we hit Racetrack Road. A bit slower due to going near St Augustine, but five miles shorter.

Here's the MCD we did on 210 last year.

Last Tango
06-26-2007, 09:16 PM
Actually, I was off the end of your dock for both of the poker runs. Good location for watching the big boys throw the hammer down on their way to Outback Crabshack. Know anything about that sunken sailboat? I have pix from a couple weeks ago. They finally put blue ribbons in the shrouds and a few of those solar-powered walkway lights for nighttime avoidance.
I can't tell what kind of sailboat it is. Water is too murky and it is halfway up the mast between the topdeck and the spreader. Looks like a 20-something footer.
I'm in Cleveland, Ohio all this week and into next. Going out on Lake Erie this weekend with Dad's Thunder. Along with a 16' Checkmate and a Donzi 28 Sportman with twin 454's, he has also now added a 38' Chris-Craft steel hull cabin cruiser.

Last Tango
06-26-2007, 09:21 PM
Cuda,
McDonalds is 2/10ths mile EAST of I-95, across from the Truck Stop. Russell Sampson is 2/10ths WEST of I-95. Wish I was home this week. I could be to your construction site in less than 15 minutes from my house.

Cuda
06-27-2007, 08:31 PM
Cuda,
McDonalds is 2/10ths mile EAST of I-95, across from the Truck Stop. Russell Sampson is 2/10ths WEST of I-95. Wish I was home this week. I could be to your construction site in less than 15 minutes from my house.
Actually, that new McDonalds we did last year is about two miles west of I-95. I found that Russell Sampson this morning, and went that way. It comes out one light east of Linde Ave (CR 223)on Racetrack. It was about six miles closer the way you sent me. :):cool:

Last Tango
06-27-2007, 08:52 PM
FASTCAT,
These were shot against your shoreline. Look familiar?