PDA

View Full Version : 88 donzi regazza gear lube fill locations

page454
06-24-2007, 09:02 PM
I filled my outdrive today with gearlube and noticed there are more drain and fill plugs than in a typical outboard has and I am kind of lost. Is there 2 different locations to fill the gear lube? I noticed there was a drain plug on the bottom, and then I assume a fill plug just above it. And then towards the top of the outdrive, there are more plugs and on the very top, a plug with a dipstick. So can someone give a me a clue? Also just for reference, what is this outdrive called, I know it is an OMC Cobra but what model? The boat is a 88 donzi regazza 21' with an OMC 5.7 205 hp engine. Thanks in advance.

page454
06-28-2007, 06:24 AM
anyone?

MOP
06-28-2007, 08:14 AM
You have an OMC bottom shifter, you have 3 screws fo oil! There is one on the left/port side of the gear case not to be touiched it is a water passage screw and to coin a phrase it should not be "Screwed With" as the screw block behind it will fall and it is a SUPER pain to fix!

The bottom shifter is drained from the bottom filled slowly from the side hole to avoid air pockets, then level checked at the top hole. Only fill to the mark over filling usually ends up pushing the upper seal out the drive needs room for a little explnasion