PDA

View Full Version : Ooops...got soaked today but had lots of fun

Little GTO
06-22-2007, 11:48 PM
Today I went out by myself and had a blast. Hooked up with another boater and we shared my anchor and had a few cool ones while watching the storm move in. He left when the wind was around 30km/h..I hung out for a while and was waiting for the wind to die down......but it didn't ..so I finally decided to head back to shore.....ooops!! I was soaked by the first wave that crashed across the bow. This boat is quite different than what I am used to which are deep V hulls with lots of gunwhale depth. Oh well, it was warm out and the water was warm. I was soaked from head to toe by the time I got back to the boat launch...and I was by myself in 40 km/h winds.. and managed to get docked, get the trailer in the water, then drove her right onto the trailer and was out in 5 minutes.
Ahh, what a great day of boating!!
Now, are there any V-drive schools out there?
Cheers for now.
Paul

SurfGreenTele
06-23-2007, 12:59 AM
Does it back up in one direction, like people say v-drives always do?

Little GTO
06-23-2007, 02:05 AM
Does it back up in one direction, like people say v-drives always do?

Oh yes. It goes hard to starboard when I go to reverse. Doesn't seem to matter where the rudder is...always to starboard. Also doesn't go to port as quickly as starboard when moving forward. Prop walk is a big factor with this boat. It's just a matter of getting to know the boat and working with it.

A few more trips and I'll have it down.

cheers

Paul