PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Owners Hometown Rally 2007

Pages : [1] 2

MikeMiller
06-20-2007, 06:33 PM
Hey Gang!! What is happenin'???

Here we go. I am a little behind this year but hey... better late than never, right!

September 28, 29 & 30, 2007 in Sarasota Florida at the Hyatt Resort.

This year's theme is.... THE 80s! Getting your feathered hair back, your big hair, your Rubick's Cube, your stretch armstrong, your leg warmers (Cliff), and all that stuff that is STILL in your closet (Catch 22). We are going to have a blast!

Call the Hyatt at (800) 233-1234. Tell them you are with the Donzi Owners' Rally and you'll get the special rates.

See below for Registration and Detail Forms.

It will be pared down a bit this year due to lack of sponsors so there may not be all the goodies I get every year but we will still have a blast!!!!!!!!!

Until then.... NEVER LET UP!
Mikey

MikeMiller
06-20-2007, 08:06 PM
Here are BRAND NEW Registration Form and Details Form! Address was incorrect!

Please re-send any and all checks that you may have already mailed.

Just fill out and send back to me with a check!

Rock On!!!!!

MikeMiller
06-20-2007, 08:07 PM
Anything special you guys and gals are looking for this year with or at the Rally???

Post some suggestions and we'll see what we can up with!

Wheeeeeeeee.

Dr. Dan
06-20-2007, 09:45 PM
:spongebob:Hey Mikey! The Atlantic Coast Crew will be down in full force.
As we discussed Atlantic Coast Donzi ... will be happy to help in any way you see fit.
Looking forward to it... maybe I can convince Lizzy to attend...perhaps with a bit of friendly pressure from her Donzi Pals!
See Ya Soon
Doc of the Bay :beer:

catch 22
06-21-2007, 07:50 PM
Room's booked for us and Baby Donzi.:yes: Marina view. Can't wait.:hyper: Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Mikey, registration and check in the mail.

catch 22
06-21-2007, 08:35 PM
Dr. Dan, Just wondering if your evil twin is coming? :wink: I don't know if I could handle it twice in the same year.:bonk::D:D:D:D

Dr. Dan
06-21-2007, 10:19 PM
Dr. Dan, Just wondering if your evil twin is coming? :wink: I don't know if I could handle it twice in the same year.:bonk::D:D:D:D

No Jim, I think you're safe, he whimpered something about Texas...something about a Possum and ... well a Rooster Tail between his legs or something? Maybe it was a Possum between his legs and the Possum was the one whimpering.... :spongebob:

I can't figure these Kentucky/Texas Yankee Boys out... he does know his Rum...and he comes equipt with plenty of Cigars... so I can't fault him on that?

Had you been in Lake George... I don't think I could've handled it... between Dwight and Todd...ones obsessed with Props and the Color Red, the other with IMCO's Steering and something to do with 525's or V-10's or whatever.

I will say... we did do some running on the North End of the Lake. I was bushed when I got home.

I will put money that Rooster Boy will in fact RePower before Cumberland 2008, I can feel the Money Flowing outta his pocket. He will squash me like friggn bug...next year... not to mention his new Evil Cousin..."Yellow Fever" (Bob Haver).

Doc :wavey:

glashole
06-22-2007, 07:05 AM
anyone know a trucking company that would haul a 22 from canada to florida and back for a weekend.............:)

catch 22
06-22-2007, 08:55 AM
Beware the Blue Devil.......:eek!: :smash:
Now what does that mean?:wink: Don't tell me i have to bring my A game.............again.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

BUIZILLA
06-22-2007, 09:00 AM
you have a 90 day notice....

Lenny
06-22-2007, 04:28 PM
Deneen and I just booked our water view, king bed, deluxe, non-smoking abode :D :D :D

Something new for this cat :)

Last Tango
06-22-2007, 06:24 PM
Room booked - waterfront double. Probably bringing Onesubdriver as my room mate, just like last year. Also bringing Donzi Quixote, '06 22ZX.

BigGrizzly
06-22-2007, 07:41 PM
We are in too. room booked Marina view .

catch 22
06-22-2007, 08:21 PM
you have a 90 day notice....
Jim, your not gonna start to are ya.:wink::):)

Cuda
06-22-2007, 08:41 PM
Jim, your not gonna start to are ya.:wink::):)
Red has assured me he'll be picking pistons up out of the bilge first.:eek!::wink:

roadtrip se
06-23-2007, 09:01 AM
Now what does that mean?:wink: Don't tell me i have to bring my A game.............again.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

The Blue Devil hides on the trailer during the duration of most rallies.

As for Buiz, don't buy the "missing cylinder story".

Yes, you will get a reprieve from the RTSE trash talk reprisal, but believe me, The Doctor will fill in for me quite nicely as I go home to Texas.

"Keeper of the Trash Talk and nothing to back it up..."

Lenny
06-23-2007, 02:33 PM
The Doctor will fill in for me quite nicely as I go home to Texas.

Todd, you moving back ???

If so, YIPPEE, Possum I hope :D

Bugbuster, Lenny

catch 22
06-24-2007, 02:48 AM
The Blue Devil hides on the trailer during the duration of most rallies.
As for Buiz, don't buy the "missing cylinder story".
Yes, you will get a reprieve from the RTSE trash talk reprisal, but believe me, The Doctor will fill in for me quite nicely as I go home to Texas.
"Keeper of the Trash Talk and nothing to back it up..."
You guys are to funny. There is always someone or SOMETHING LURKING in the dark SOMEWHERE.:lookaroun::wink:

roadtrip se
06-24-2007, 01:25 PM
Todd, you moving back ???
If so, YIPPEE, Possum I hope :D
Bugbuster, Lenny

Funny thing Lenny, I haven't seen anything like a Godzillapead, since we left PK. Those things could face off with a Doberman! And when is the last time you saw a bug with a jock strap?

We aren't moving back, but I am sure excited to hang around for a little while, tell some old stories, and cook some morsels over iron and wood...

The boys in Sota will have a ball, but there isn't anything like a rally in Tejas.

need for speed
07-01-2007, 01:13 PM
Laurie and I are in!

Air 22
07-04-2007, 11:52 AM
Crissy & I , Brad & Amy are confirmed..Marina View...:wink::yes::)

Budmann
07-08-2007, 08:32 PM
BOOKED BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: :yes::yes::yes:

MikeMiller
07-11-2007, 12:18 PM
Hey Gang...

I need to ask that all of you who are attending send your registration fees ASAP. I need to have all the shirts, bags, and goodies paid for soon.... and the hotel needs to be paid in ADVANCE for the event.

I appreciate your understanding and prompt attention!

Budmann
07-11-2007, 02:56 PM
Check mailed!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Thanks again in advance for all you do Mikey!!!:yes::yes::yes::yes:

Bud

fastcat
07-11-2007, 09:29 PM
Check and registration in the envelope and ready to mail tomorrow.
Will book rooms tomorrow.
We sold the 1968 18' Barrel Back, V-Drive so we'll be bringing our new to us 1996 Classic 22 so we can keep up with everyone else....AND we will have a FULL tank of gas this time.:yes:
Tom and Gaye Hanley

Last Tango
07-12-2007, 09:23 AM
CITM

RickyR
07-19-2007, 01:37 PM
We are working on schedules now.
It is a long drive for 1 day of "yachting", so we may stay and do something on Sunday :boat: Do you have any boating things planned for Sunday?
I will send the form in as soon as we can work it out. I did make the room reservations.
Ricky

Last Tango
07-19-2007, 02:23 PM
RickyR,
If you two leave Thursday evening and stay at our house for the night, in Jacksonville, then you can make a much shorter drive down with me on Friday morning.
And, in the past, there has been a beach party on Sunday.

MikeMiller
07-19-2007, 03:08 PM
Hellow Gang!

This year's rally will have the same format as last year:

Welcome Party Friday night
Saturday boating and lunch (working on the helicopter shoot for saturday morning)
Sunday morning breakfast and open day of boating in groups (there are alway a couple of groups going out to the awesome waters of Sarasota.)

Working on details for each and will post a schedule when we get closer!

Budmann
07-19-2007, 03:10 PM
Also ,last year a bunch of us ran down to Venice (Crow's Nest) for lunch and that too was a blast!!

Depending on what the plan is, we will be doing that this year as well...

Bud

RickyR
07-19-2007, 05:09 PM
RickyR,
If you two leave Thursday evening and stay at our house for the night, in Jacksonville, then you can make a much shorter drive down with me on Friday morning.
And, in the past, there has been a beach party on Sunday.

Mark,
Thanks for the offer, but we will need to stay here that Thursday night. :lookaroun:
I do remember 2 yrs ago that there was a beach party on Sunday, we were really wanting to stay, but had to go. This year, we will plan to stay, so we can do something fun.
I'm waiting for Lori to make sure she can take the time off. I think it will work out :pimp:
Ricky...

Last Tango
07-22-2007, 07:09 PM
Mike,
Please PM me with your current phone number.
Thanks,
Mark

bob haver
08-01-2007, 06:37 AM
Hellow Gang!
This year's rally will have the same format as last year:
Welcome Party Friday night
Saturday boating and lunch (working on the helicopter shoot for saturday morning)
Sunday morning breakfast and open day of boating in groups (there are alway a couple of groups going out to the awesome waters of Sarasota.)
Working on details for each and will post a schedule when we get closer!
hey mike i will be there i am loooking at air fares today at winni chris says he is trying to get ahold of a 38 zr comp for sarasota i would'nt miss a ride in a 38 zr out in sarasota bay for anything .as for miami that is definitely going to happen and you living there that makes perfect to to single guys at south beach hummmmmmmmmm i am thinking october maybe catch a dolphin game too can't wait for both trips.pm me so i can give you all my numbers so i can work out all the details and i will finish that stroy that we started talking about at the sand bar i am sure that maimi cures all after what you told it is going to experience:)

bob haver
08-09-2007, 05:33 AM
ok who trailering thier boat down to sarasota:lookaroun:i am undecided:bonk:

Air 22
08-09-2007, 07:58 AM

All North of Raleigh are welcome to spend the night here b4 finishing the trip to Sarasota:wink:. We are approx 11-12hrs from Sarasota. In the past we convoy outta here at 6am and make cocktails in Sarasota by 6pm...:yes::cool:
Always an interesting trip full of fun and and fuel stops....have a CB handy...makes the "I gotta eat, I gotta GO," etc stops a little more coordinated....just ask Doc of Instigation:yes::wink:

BTW..Check your Trailer Bearings and Tire pressures/Tread Conditions...have them in tip top shape....ask me how I know this....:bonk::yes:

Dr. Dan
08-09-2007, 08:38 PM

Bob, I am trying to 100% determine if I am going down or not... if I attend it will be with the Boat... I have never attended a Donzi Event without my Boat.

When I Tow... I seem to draw a Caravan of Donzi's, and as Dwight said...we try to have everyone have a CB Radio... it makes communicating very efficient. This years Atlantic Coast Crew would likely be Dwight(?), Brad X-18, Norm - 22 Classic, Diana - Critter, and some possible others....

I would be leaving Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday in all likelihood. The best boating is always before any Event.

I'll keep ya posted.

Doc :wink:

RickyR
08-13-2007, 08:36 PM
Would anyone be interested in testing some props with Ken @ propgods?
He is willing to let us test some of his props. If there are enough people he will come with no obligation.
Up here, I don't have the luxury of testing the various different pitches/props, so he and I are planning to meet, and if anyone else wants to play he can accommodate.
Ricky

BigGrizzly
08-14-2007, 08:43 AM
As usual I will be here with Turbo and Solas props for testing. We will be havinf the TXP, Fusion And Turbo I. I should have props up to 30 inch pitch and mabe a 5 blade or 2 for the shorty guys.

RickyR
08-14-2007, 08:56 AM
Griz,
I had no idea you do this, sorry.
I dont' want to step on your toes, so I won't ask him to come.
What do you have in 21-22" 4 blades left and right?
Thanks, Ricky

BigGrizzly
08-14-2007, 09:11 AM
Rick you were not stepping on any toes. If you have any thing better bring it. The object is to help the Donzi owners fine tune their boats. I can bring anything you want to try. I have centered on these 2 manufacturers because I have yet to find a better out of the box prop than these two companies make. The rival most labed props. If you want to try something let me know and I will bring it. You aren't that far from me, I an in Atlanta, We should hook up and try some stuff just to make sure it works for you.

bob haver
08-15-2007, 05:25 AM
hey mike its a done deal :cool!: there will be 4 of us flying down on southwest non stop on thursday the 27th of september.i already have the confirmatoin from the airline &the car:convertib:.can't wait :)

undertaker
08-15-2007, 08:38 AM
Guess your not bringing your boat...:wink::boggled::wink::boggled:

need for speed
08-15-2007, 12:45 PM
hey Bob come on here I towed up to your lake :wink:you should tow down here.!!

bob haver
08-15-2007, 05:31 PM
hey Bob come on here I towed up to your lake :wink:you should tow down here.!!
you are right need for speed but believe me when i tell you it is going to be a struggle just to fly it is a good thing that they do sell beer on the plane that will help matters:bonk:.i need to get my feet wet with this first but i will be there at some point with yellow fever:yes:.are you going to be there i had a great time running with you at lg :)i have alot going on wright now but next year will be different:yes:

need for speed
08-15-2007, 07:33 PM
I will be in Sota... Just to see how many Girls you can round up this time:wink:

bob haver
08-16-2007, 02:53 PM
I will be in Sota... Just to see how many Girls you can round up this time:wink:
charlie that wasn't my doing we both know who was behind all that:eek!:

MikeMiller
08-17-2007, 05:31 PM
And so here we are just a little over a month away from the year's greatest boating weekend and I had to stop and giggle! Life is funny sometimes, you know. As I sit and pontificate, I realize that my giggling is due to the fact that I may very well not have a rally this year (as I have only received 5 registration forms!)!

Has it come to an end? Has what once was a staple in the lives, hearts and minds of Donzi lovers the country over become just another "thing"? Has seeing and spending time with long time friends and family members in a place close to paradise in the best water vessels ever become "ho-hum" or "so-so"? Perhaps.

Maybe its the theme. I thought everyone would love the '80s! Hell... even the great Bob Wilson knows a few Spandau Ballet tunes. And maybe Greg Allard won't look as good in a bi-level Billy Ray Cyrus wig as he did in an affro but we always have Amy and Sarah wearing leg-warmers and torn sweaters to look forward to! Or maybe the sound of "wocka-wocka" brings back a bad memory but if you had gotten more fruit you would have gotten a better score, damnit!

So... where was I? Oh yeah... what to do about the rally. I HAVE NO CLUE! Either way I have to pay over $5000 to the Hyatt whether anyone shows or not, so I'll either have a great party with lots of friends that will go down in the record books or I'll have one damn expensive weekend with some lovely woman I find from now until then.

Don't let it die friends! I need your help.

If this needs to be the last time so be it, but let's go out in style! Let's make Don proud! Send in your money and registration, let's crank up some KISS, put feathers in our hair, play some Pac Man and Asteroids, open some Colt 45 (okay maybe not), and show the country what Donzi Spirit really is!!

One last time!!!!!

catch 22
08-17-2007, 06:12 PM
And so here we are just a little over a month away from the year's greatest boating weekend and I had to stop and giggle! Life is funny sometimes, you know. As I sit and pontificate, I realize that my giggling is due to the fact that I may very well not have a rally this year (as I have only received 5 registration forms!)!
Has it come to an end? Has what once was a staple in the lives, hearts and minds of Donzi lovers the country over become just another "thing"? Has seeing and spending time with long time friends and family members in a place close to paradise in the best water vessels ever become "ho-hum" or "so-so"? Perhaps.
Maybe its the theme. I thought everyone would love the '80s! Hell... even the great Bob Wilson knows a few Spandau Ballet tunes. And maybe Greg Allard won't look as good in a bi-level Billy Ray Cyrus wig as he did in an affro but we always have Amy and Sarah wearing leg-warmers and torn sweaters to look forward to! Or maybe the sound of "wocka-wocka" brings back a bad memory but if you had gotten more fruit you would have gotten a better score, damnit!
So... where was I? Oh yeah... what to do about the rally. I HAVE NO CLUE! Either way I have to pay over $5000 to the Hyatt whether anyone shows or not, so I'll either have a great party with lots of friends that will go down in the record books or I'll have one damn expensive weekend with some lovely woman I find from now until then.
Don't let it die friends! I need your help.
If this needs to be the last time so be it, but let's go out in style! Let's make Don proud! Send in your money and registration, let's crank up some KISS, put feathers in our hair, play some Pac Man and Asteroids, open some Colt 45 (okay maybe not), and show the country what Donzi Spirit really is!!
One last time!!!!!
Come on everyone. Lets get your registration fees in so Mike can make this HELL of a WEEKEND happen. He does this for us. Mike goes out of his way to make this event happen. It will be a real shame if Mike gets stuck with this kind of a tab. So get your registrations in and lets help Mike make it happen.

Cuda
08-17-2007, 07:13 PM
Come on everyone. Lets get your registration fees in so Mike can make this HELL of a WEEKEND happen. He does this for us. Mike goes out of his way to make this event happen. It will be a real shame if Mike gets stuck with this kind of a tab. So get your registrations in and lets help Mike make it happen.
Maybe if I had two nickles to rub together, and I ain't giggling.:mad:

Dr. Dan
08-17-2007, 11:26 PM
Mike,

Can I request a clarification on the address to send the forms and Jing $$$ to?

I thought I read there was a change or has that been edited and it all goes to the Doral Florida address and I am just light on Meds?:smash:

I will kick the Altantic Coast Crew in the ass and get some monies heading your way this week, I will call my Crew and make it so... Liz and I will put it in the mail tomorrow(Saturday).

6 Couples Registered & Paid should get us a bit closer... :spongebob:

Doc of Jing A Ling :beer:

MikeMiller
08-18-2007, 01:47 AM
Mail all registrations and checks to:

Mike Miller
4572 NW 114th Avenue, #1305
Doral, Florida 33178

Thanks to all. Cuda... we'll see what we can do!!!

Lenny
08-18-2007, 02:41 AM
Mike, let me know what I owe you. I bought the Hotel and stuff, I am NOT bringing a boat, but want to join in the festivities.

Tell me what my contribution is, it will be your's

Thanks for all that you do to keep this alive.

Much appreciated. :)

smokediver
08-18-2007, 05:18 AM
Mikey , I will be sending mine out monday !

MikeMiller
08-18-2007, 01:28 PM
Thanks everyone!

Lenny: on the first page of this thread is a link to the Registration Form. It is $180 per person and I will need the form filled out as well.

I appreciate all the help!

Dr. Dan
08-18-2007, 06:00 PM
:smash::smash:I have communicated to the Atlantic Troops... I will follow up with calls... Mr. Mailman took my check today.... I would look for it by Wednesday.

Doc of the 19 Hour Donzi Transport Mission :wavey:

bob haver
08-20-2007, 05:08 AM
mike i will send the forms&money look for it by wens or thursday:wink:.and by the way nice message on my home phone saturday night did you say south beach or south beach diet (you suck):bonk:.the dolphin's won all there games so far:crossfing::cool!:maybe there is hope after all.can't wait to see the gang at sota maybe allard can find another blackhawk 18 to run around in the bay :boat:.thanks for all your hard work mike .i will call you :beer:

fastcat
08-20-2007, 04:44 PM
Mike,
Who do you have confirmed so far? I sent my money and registration a couple weeks ago. I think our neighbor here in Orange Park also sent his (his name is Batwell - not sure of spelling).

Last Tango
08-20-2007, 09:08 PM
FastCat
So you will make this the official debute of your 22?

fastcat
08-21-2007, 10:46 AM
FastCat
So you will make this the official debute of your 22?

Yep, this will be her debut. I spent many, many hours wetsanding, buffing, and polishing the red sides (Auqua Buff is wonderful stuff) - Powerful buffing machines can be dangerous tools in my hands and I have the scars to prove it. Tom put me on power tool restriction after this job....but she looks very good.

We look forward to seeing everyone.

norm911
08-23-2007, 09:19 AM
Sarah and I are in! Mailed the $$$ yesterday. As promised, this year we have our OWN boat. And watch out - we're serious about winning the costume award this year! We got robbed last year. I don't think the MC liked us very much :)

Norm

Last Tango
08-23-2007, 01:22 PM
Well there is absolutely no question that Sarah was darned cute last year in her costume.
Happy to hear you have your own boat, now. Sad to know you won't be riding with me again this year. :wink:

norm911
08-23-2007, 03:55 PM
Thanks Mark, we really appreciated the ride last year. We still look at the helicopter shots once in a while and smile. It was a great time. This year, hopefully we'll get the opportunity to give two other new Donzi people a ride and turn them in to owners too.

See you at the rally,
Norm

Dr. Dan
08-23-2007, 06:44 PM
Sarah and I are in! Mailed the $$$ yesterday. As promised, this year we have our OWN boat. And watch out - we're serious about winning the costume award this year! We got robbed last year. I don't think the MC liked us very much :)
Norm

:spongebob:So does this mean we won't see all of your Hairy Self under a Jet White Disco Suit? I'm shocked that Amy, Sarah and You didn't walk away with at least the Disco Ball from the Dance Floor...

Maybe I will come up with something special to hand out... Hmmmm?

Donzi Hardwear... maybe!

Doc of Bravo Fashionistas :wavey:

glashole
08-24-2007, 07:18 AM
is anyone trailering down from way north?

is there much to do through the day if we don't drag the boat and fly?? :confused:

Shea

Last Tango
08-24-2007, 08:39 AM
gh,
You will not want for entertainment. Those who come boatless are paired up with those who have. You will get to participate in everything. Saturday morning has normally been the helicopter photo shoot just offshore. Then we all go back in and regroup for the run to lunch. That in itself will last most of the day. Depending on the wind, we run "inside" on the way there, and "outside" on the way back.
Mike ALWAYS has a "special tour" of Sarasota late Friday night after the welcome party. And for those who just can't get enough, he does it again late Saturday night after the banquet.
Then there is the huge and very exotic swimming pool at the hotel. Nobody should pass that up. The pool has a cave and a hidden hot tub and a waterfall and a poolside bar.
Sunday is brunch at the hotel, and then we run the "other" direction to a lunch stop. Again, the boatless are paired up with those who did.

undertaker
08-24-2007, 08:51 AM
is anyone trailering down from way north?
is there much to do through the day if we don't drag the boat and fly?? :confused:
Shea

Shea, if ya can do it bring your boat it is awesome running down there....there is a bunch of us running south maybe you can some how hook up with us....hope to see ya there :):)

Undertaker:pimp:

RickyR
08-24-2007, 12:52 PM
Check is in the mail.
Thanks, Ricky

Cuda
08-24-2007, 07:52 PM
Yep, this will be her debut. I spent many, many hours wetsanding, buffing, and polishing the red sides (Auqua Buff is wonderful stuff) -
Yes it is, and Debbie's damn good at using it, and the high speed buffer.:wink: She had no appreciation for my supervision though. :(

As it turns out, even if I don't make the rally, we may be in Sarasota doing the tile in a Lowes. If so, we'll stop by. The gc just called the other day, and the rough schedule is right about then. We have eight days to get it done, including weekends, or I get a $1500 a day deduction.:eek!:

Dr. Dan
08-24-2007, 10:05 PM
Shea, if ya can do it bring your boat it is awesome running down there....there is a bunch of us running south maybe you can some how hook up with us....hope to see ya there :):)

Shea.... I will be towing down...I am about 6 hours or so South of A-Bay...straight down Interstate 81 to Harrisburg...towards Baltimore... on I-83.

I will likely be heading down kinda early in the week... I have some plans..but I have not set it in stone yet. If it turns out we are close timing wise...you are welcome to tag along...as long as ya have a real CB! No Magnovox TV Screens with no antennas...(ask Undertaker).

Its 19 hours from my house...to Sota, I normally stop at a Gay Pilots House who thinks I am cute... so go figure. Then from there I head down to Gatorville.

PS...some of the best boating is prior to the Event...you can't boat enough in these waters...

Dr. Dan
08-25-2007, 06:51 AM
:wink: Mikey in between counting Roses... can ya get us a list of who is coming with Boats....and who is just planning on attending?:spongebob:

Just curious...

Rio Baby Rio !

Doc of Numerical Data :smash:

fasttrucker
08-26-2007, 04:11 PM
Iam coming down solo.:yes:Just made my airline+rental car:convertib: reservations.Mike sending you my check monday.:shades:

MikeMiller
08-27-2007, 02:32 PM
Looks like the fever is beginning to get high!! Thank God!!

Here's the list of what registrations and checks I have. The rooming list does not match this list so those who have a room PLEASE send a registration and check as soon as possible. Thanks!

Steve Fegette & Melinda Cherry (23 Sport)
Mark Laszlo (22zx)
Bus Staples (22c)
Peter & Nancy Jackson (26 Southport)
Mike & Judy Holderness (38zx)
Cliff & Diana Wind (no boat)
Dr. Dan & Liz Johnides (22c)
Tom & Gaye Hanley (22c) - sorry Tom:)
Jim & Gina Collins (22c)
Norm & Sarah Laudermilch (22c)
Rick (Eric) & Lori Rubin (35zf)
Mike and Lori Russell (22zx)
William Daubert (no boat)

HOPEFULS:
Brad Verd & Amy Amerson
Scott & Heidi Baxter
Randy & Barbara Carabelli
George Culotta & Bonnie Wadsworth
Lenny Green
Bob Haver
Charles & Laurie Jackson
Jack & Brandon Keefe
Ed & Kim Schumacher
Bob & Pam Sindelar
Bob Wilson

I'll keep editting this post as I get more registrations!!

REMEMBER.... 80s!!!! Prizes for best costume and boat decoration!!!!!

fastcat
08-27-2007, 02:53 PM
Gaye Hanley...and Tom Hanley (22C)
Don't want Tom to feel left out.

MikeMiller
08-27-2007, 02:59 PM
Hey... anyone know who Eric Rubin or Len Green are?? They have a room booked in our blocked room list and I have no idea who they are!

People have died for less!

catch 22
08-27-2007, 03:26 PM
Mike did you get our check and registration?

Budmann
08-27-2007, 04:15 PM
Hey Mikey, Lenny is GREAT PEPS!!!!:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

MikeMiller
08-27-2007, 04:33 PM
Yes Jim I got it and made the adjustment on the above post! Sorry.

Can anyone get a hold of Lenny and see if he is coming? Would love to have him!! Thanks for the recon! We need more Canadians!

MikeMiller
08-27-2007, 05:04 PM
GREAT NEWS!!!!

We have Lamar Standish... the helicopter pilot... coming this year again and looking forward a blow out!!! Ask the others who have been on the shoot.. not only is it a blast but the work is really great!!

Please come prepared to make it worth his time!!

Satruday morning shoot, as usual!

Thanks.

RickyR
08-27-2007, 08:03 PM
Mike,
I am Eric a.k.a Ricky.
The check was sent Friday for Lori and me.
See y'all soon.
Eric.... Ricky

MikeMiller
08-27-2007, 10:01 PM
Thanks Eric (Ricky)!!

Bringing a boat?

Lenny
08-27-2007, 11:53 PM
Yes Jim I got it and made the adjustment on the above post! Sorry.
Can anyone get a hold of Lenny and see if he is coming? Would love to have him!! Thanks for the recon! We need more Canadians!

Yes yes yes, :D my room was booked a few months ago. :)

What do I owe you or anyone else for that matter?

YES Mike, I am there :D

OOPS, adendum... just did some backwards reading. I got it now Mike, $180 a person...for Registration. So I owe you $360 US. Done

NO PROBLEM. :) Can I hand you the money in Sota? Much easier than all the money order stuff and I WILL be there :)

Let's put it this way, We are on the plane heading that way.

MikeMiller
08-28-2007, 12:17 AM
Lenny,

Thanks for the reply. I will need the money ahead of time this year. The Hyatt is making me pay ahead of time this year!! Sorry... but if there is any way you could send me a check I would greatly appreciate it!!

Look forward to seeing you next month.

Dr. Dan
08-28-2007, 05:19 AM

Here's the list of what registrations and checks I have. The rooming list does not match this list so those who have a room PLEASE send a registration and check as soon as possible. Thanks!

Mark Laszlo (22zx)
Bus Staples (22c)
Jim & Gina Collins (22c)

Small crowd for sure. But I got a feeling more will be coming in soon as it is shaping up to be a great run and awesome time.

Cool...Now if the other Doat Boners will send their Jing $ and Registrations...we can eat cake!

I know Ed and Kim Schumacher are coming with their 22 Classic
Norm & Sarah Ludermilch and their 22 Classic, and I heard rumor Johnny Revlon may actually bring his boat...and his accent color is RED!...:wavey:

What about Poodle , Buizilla , Charlie Jackson, Chrome Boy, Big Grizzly....and its about time Greg K shows up again isn't it? :smash:

I know George and Bonnie and Bob Haver are attending sans boat.

How about that Allard guy...I hear he has some row boat with small black motors.

Doc of Random Attendencies :spongebob:

RickyR
08-28-2007, 05:25 AM
Thanks Eric (Ricky)!!
Bringing a boat?

Yes,
35 ZFC with eggbeaters. You should have my form and money today.
thanks, Ricky

undertaker
08-28-2007, 09:06 AM
Mike, check went out Today......see ya in a few weeks.....:):)

Lenny
08-28-2007, 10:28 AM
Will send out to you today or tomorrow Mike. Two of us coming, fly in, no boat. :(

need for speed
08-28-2007, 02:14 PM
check is mailed:wink: Laurie and I are in!

what about Poodle? and Buizilla?? and Chrome..... you guys going????

And Smokediver???? got to show off the new 18

catch 22
08-28-2007, 09:41 PM
Talked to Chrome yesterday and he said he was not going to make it this year. He will be in India. Where the hell is that? I wonder if Miss South Carolina knows where thats at? I wonder if the boating is good there?

RickyR
08-29-2007, 08:10 AM
I wonder if Miss South Carolina knows where thats at?

Well since Chrome isn't coming, we will be bringing the geography major with us. She is going to be our navigator to Sarasota :yes:.
Hope we get there..:lookaroun:
Ricky

fasttrucker
08-29-2007, 08:45 AM

Mark Laszlo (22zx)
Bus Staples (22c)
Jim & Gina Collins (22c)

HOPEFULS:
Brad Verd & Amy Amerson
Scott & Heidi Baxter
Randy & Barbara Carabelli
Lenny Green
Bob Haver
Charles & Laurie Jackson
Jack & Brandon Keefe
Mike & Lori Russell
Ed & Kim Schumacher
Bob & Pam Sindelar
Bob Wilson & Ranya Badran

Crowds getting bigger!!!!! Keep your fingers crossed for the others!

Iam not on the list.......Bill Daubert aka.. "fasttrucker" is flying in solo.:propeller:Staying with freinds in sarasota,so Ill not be on the hotels rooming list.:shades:

BUIZILLA
08-29-2007, 08:55 AM
we're still on the fence, but looking better... :propeller:

ITTLFLI
08-30-2007, 01:22 PM
Mikey kicking of the party last year!!:eek!::bonk: :pimp:

Sorry we can't make it this year!! You all have fun!!:propeller:

MikeMiller
08-31-2007, 09:24 PM
What a night that was! I wish not to remember the things I did!!! Embarassing!

Sure gonna miss you two!:(

Lenny
08-31-2007, 10:44 PM
we're still on the fence, but looking better... :propeller:

YOU and Janice BETTER be there :)

I (nor Deneen) have ever been to 'Sota. :confused:

I am having a hard enough time trying to get over Poodle and Heidi's absence... I am working on that tho :D

Lenny
08-31-2007, 10:46 PM
Mike, add "Lenny Green and Deneen" to your list. We are there, and if you don't let us in we'll just throw stuff at you from the Hotel Balcony :D

...;) see ya there ...

Cuda
08-31-2007, 11:27 PM
He will be in India. Where the hell is that? I wonder if Miss South Carolina knows where thats at?
No, you didn't go there!:rlol:

Air 22
09-03-2007, 11:42 AM
Mikey..Crissy and I are in:wink::)...check on the way...

BigGrizzly
09-04-2007, 10:34 AM
Mike you should have received my check by now. Trying to talk Marc(Lil Grizzly into it it too! If he cones he will be Boatless I think.

MikeMiller
09-04-2007, 06:10 PM
Grizzly: I am so sorry I have not called back! I have received all of your messages and have been unforgivable in not getting back to you! I received your check today! Thanks.

Gang: I have updated the list of attendees. Here they are!

As of 9/4/07:
Mark Laszlo (22zx)
Bud Staples (22c)
Cliff & Diana Wind
Tom & Gaye Hanley (22c)
Jim & Gina Collins (22c)
Randy & Barbara Carabelli (22cr)
Bob Haver
Charles & Laurie Jackson (22c)
Ed & Kim Schumacher (22c)
Jim Bobar

HOPEFULS:
Brad Verd & Amy Amerson
Scott & Heidi Baxter
Lenny Green
Jack & Brandon Keefe
Bob & Pam Sindelar
Bob Wilson

BigGrizzly
09-05-2007, 09:59 AM
Mike don't worry about getting back.we will still see you in a couple of weeks anyway. Just get your stuff in order first.

MikeMiller
09-07-2007, 09:28 PM
Hey gang,

Just to let you know I am planning a Donzi auction this year!!

I have some special Donzi Gear and old paraphernalia I have accumulated through the years and I thought people would like to have it! So if you have something special that you would like to auction off for the Hometown Rally donation and the Donzi.net donation, please bring it on!!

One bit of advice: I don't want a six pack from Canada, any special coins, beat up goggles with a story behind them, or anything else weird! If it doesn't have a Donzi logo on it or anything to do with Donzi then let's just keep it at home!

Get excited people! We're close to a great weekend of boating in paradise and seeing some old friends!

BigGrizzly
09-08-2007, 09:29 AM
Every body again this year I will be bringing props to try/buy. I am the largest stocking dealer in Georgia. If you have a Turbo you would like to try PM me with the boat, power and size you want to try and I will try to accommodate you. This year I don,t want to carry an extra 600 pounds of props like last year. If I don't here from you I will not bring it!!! BTW Turbo and Precision Propeller are the same company. They make the TurboI, TXP and OS1 and several others too.

Budmann
09-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Who is Bus Staples?? Mikey, are you making fat jokes at me again??:wink::wink::wink::wink:

tom freeman
09-08-2007, 06:24 PM
Grizzly: I am so sorry I have not called back! I have received all of your messages and have been unforgivable in not getting back to you! I received your check today! Thanks.
As of 9/4/07:
Mark Laszlo (22zx)
Bus Staples (22c)
Cliff & Diana Wind
Tom & Gaye Hanley (22c)
Jim & Gina Collins (22c)
Bob Haver
Jim Bobar
HOPEFULS:
Brad Verd & Amy Amerson
Scott & Heidi Baxter
Lenny Green
Jack & Brandon Keefe
Bob & Pam Sindelar
Bob Wilson

is there a reason that the fleet is almost all 22's

Budmann
09-08-2007, 07:02 PM
:yes:22's... YEA BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

BigGrizzly
09-09-2007, 09:08 AM
Tom it is just that they own 22s, I have both mad poodle has both Buzz has both and all of us will be hard to pry them off us. People are under the mistaken impression that 18 are not Gulf boats. Personal opinion is that id certain rough water I would much rather be in the Corsican. The other reason is most 22's are more roomy in side than an 18 and mostly because the average 22 has a faster cruise and top speed. I will probably bring the Criterion. Because of the speed issue. However I did bring the Corsican to Cumberland and to Eufaula last year. The idea is bring different models to the events. At the first Universal studio rally there was one of every kind. So bring it on Ton you won't be disappointed. The only ones who will be ar the boat less ones, who will have to consume large quantities of alcohol to drown there sorrows. As for the speed thing you will be able to keep up.

t

Lenny
09-09-2007, 10:34 AM
The only ones who will be are the boat less ones, who will have to consume large quantities of alcohol to drown there sorrows.

Boatless, ??? at this Event I will be :yes: 3200 miles sucks no matter how you slice it.

Drown our sorrows ???

well,... OK :D

See ya'll there :)

Cuda
09-09-2007, 12:42 PM
is there a reason that the fleet is almost all 22's
If the wind blows, and anyone plans on crossing Tampa Bay, a 22 isn't enough. That's from 33 years experience boating on Tampa Bay.

MikeMiller
09-09-2007, 05:09 PM
Budmann: So Sorry!!! I owe you one!

Tom: No real answer on the 22 issue. Maybe the haul is a bit far for the bigger boat people? Maybe there are more 22s out there who apprciate what this rally is all about? I don't know.

Cuda: we are not crossing Tampa Bay this year. And by the way, 22s eat up Tampa Bay - just ask Budmann!!

Last Tango
09-09-2007, 08:48 PM
Well, I for one am much happier to tow my 22 than my 18 to this event. After half a dozen of these in the 18, and last year in the 22, I can personally attest that the 22 is far more friendly, particularly if we run offshore on any legs. Last year I was comfortable and happy in the 22. Prior, I felt I was always running on the edge in the 18.
So that may explain the preponderance of 22 this year. Still an easy boat to tow, and a better offshore ride than the 16 and 18's.
JMHO

Dr. Dan
09-10-2007, 08:37 AM
:spongebob:Well, just to warn everyone cause these guys have not been together since the end of July....and then people were nervous, but if ya see these two guys hangin out together stay way clear of them.

They may be talking 3's vs 4's or some other code for their own special speak.

But this is Johnny Bravo & Johnny Revlon (aka Juan Victor Ortego Hernandez Morenis Smith) these guys obsess with talk of props.

As if it was a religion or something, no one quite understands it, they just buy them drinks and hope they go away... just no shots, they get uncontrollable with shots.

Consider yourself warned! :beer:

Air 22
09-10-2007, 08:56 AM
:spongebob:Well, just to warn everyone cause these guys have not been together since the end of July....and then people were nervous, but if ya see these two guys hangin out together stay way clear of them.
But this is Johnny Bravo & Johnny Revlon (aka Juan Victor Ortego Hernandez Morenis Smith) these guys obsess with talk of props.
As if it was a religion or something, no one quite understands it, they just buy them drinks and hope they go away... just no shots, they get uncontrollable with shots.
Shots..??? :beer:did someone say "Shots"?..:eek!::yes:...Boooka.. BRAVO BOYZ luv the BOOOKA....first name SAM :yes::yes::wink::cool:
This events mission..... SALT RUNS via the Super Top Secret Mercury Racing Lab on Sarasota Bay and offshore....:wink::yes:

bob haver
09-10-2007, 04:43 PM
doc i don't remember that picture :confused:there might be a good reason for that .where do you get this stuff that is some funny stuff:).but anyway i talk to jonny revlon about 3 times a week its all good .he is all over the place in the country busy guy:yes:16 days and counting and the BRAVO BOYZ will be raising hell down in SOTA:boat::bonk::wink:

Cuda
09-10-2007, 05:37 PM
Cuda: we are not crossing Tampa Bay this year. And by the way, 22s eat up Tampa Bay - just ask Budmann!!
We didn't cross it last year either. The year before is a good reason why. There's never been a 22 foot boat built that can "eat up Tampa Bay" when the wind blows. I came across the bay once in my 302 Formula, running with a 38 Cig flatdeck, and neither one of us ate up that bay. I had pictures of us running together. Some pics you can barely see the Cig. No need to ask Buddy.

Tidbart
09-10-2007, 06:39 PM
People are under the mistaken impression that 18 are not Gulf boats.
t
Who says the 18s are not Gulf boats???:wink::)

Tidbart
09-10-2007, 06:43 PM
Anyone out there looking to split a room for the gathering???

Let me know.

Unfortunately, Ranya is unable to attend this year. I hope you guys will forgive me and let me come anyways. LOL:)

Seriously, I could use a roomie. Let me know.
Mikey, if one of the Donzi girls needs a roomie........

Bob

RickyR
09-10-2007, 07:42 PM
we are not crossing Tampa Bay this year.

Mike,
Since we aren't going north this year, can you check to make sure that there aren't any low clearance bridges that we may need to pass under. I'm sure the fleet of 22's won't have any problems, but I may... :propeller:

Ricky

Budmann
09-10-2007, 07:51 PM
Ricky, Anywhere South we go you will be fine. Worst case we run outside and ain't no bridges in the Gulf of Mexico!!:):wink::wink::wink::wink:

Dr. Dan
09-10-2007, 07:57 PM
We didn't cross it last year either. The year before is a good reason why. There's never been a 22 foot boat built that can "eat up Tampa Bay" when the wind blows. I came across the bay once in my 302 Formula, running with a 38 Cig flatdeck, and neither one of us ate up that bay. I had pictures of us running together. Some pics you can barely see the Cig. No need to ask Buddy.

:spongebob:Hell I hear ya on that...our first year down there...we kinda got left after needing to refuel, we had no clue where we were going.... Scott Boldts and Griz did get lost, Liz and I ran back in the little 454 we had ..and a 4' wave was small, we got our asses handed to us.... I managed to follow and eventually catch up to a 26Zx, and at least it was someone to follow back to the main area.

That was the year Riggle and I got together courtesy of a Moron Dock Boy at the Hurricanes Restaurant not tying our boats up well after someone pulled out.

Course at the time I hadn't yet noticed that half my upper King Cobra Drive casing had been beamed by a Recreational Rental Jet Skier. Pearson glued it together and Fast Eddies had the part at the ranch inside of 3 Weeks.

Man what an intro to Florida that was... every year since its been a much more positive experience.

Except the one year when Brad and Dwight were obsessed with chasing Bull Frogs in a Parking Garage at 3:00 am! Now that is a great story....say no to Romana Sambvca, is the moral. :beer:

Or the same year when virtually every Factory Donzi Flag was mysteriously missing by Rallies end?

Or lets see ...how about the time when someone was "shooting fish in a barrel"... I believe it was called, and someones girlfriend kept flashing the bar room on command at the beckon call of her boyfriend....now I just happened to be sitting directly across from her when this Physical Manifestation of Spontaneous Voyeuristic Combustion occurred..and the view was spectacular.:eek!:

Or there was the time.... when a bevy of Lasses approached the Lunch Picnic area with lets say.... a European look, while piloting their own Donzi. Man I have never seen more guys scramble to help a boat Drop Anchor or Raft Up Quicker in my life.... we were all like Piranha's.:bighug:

Only in America, I love this Country!

So what stories will come from this years Rally! :shades:

Doc of What Happens in Sota ... Could Stain the Sheets :spongebob:

Budmann
09-10-2007, 08:05 PM
Hey DOC... I mustof been upstairs reading a good Novel when all this took place!

Man, I have got to get out more!!!:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

RickyR
09-10-2007, 08:05 PM
Ricky, Anywhere South we go you will be fine. Worst case we run outside and ain'y no bridges in the Gulf of Mexico!!:):wink::wink::wink::wink:

Cool,
Thanks..

I remember 2 years ago, the bay was snotty, but not too bad for the 23. I remember seeing GCarter's prop a few times..

Ricky

Dr. Dan
09-10-2007, 08:13 PM
Hey DOC... I mustof been upstairs reading a good Novel when all this took place!

Yes I believe you were in that nice Mole Hair Sweater Smoken a Pipe I believe...contemplating the mating cycle of the Chinese Silk Worm and the Shelter Characteristics of the Silver Back.

I have been very careful to leave out most of the names to protect the innocent and embarrass the endearing few....we all know who we are!

To lift a quote from one of my favorite movies...Bad Boys II, "But Captain...I was at a Family BBQ?"

See Ya In a Few John Boy!

Doc of Protagonistic Imagineering :wink:

Air 22
09-10-2007, 08:38 PM

Bud...PLAYBOY:eek!:...is NOT a good novel::)bonk:...but the articles are well written...:yes::yes::yes::cool::wink: C u soon:wink:

Air of Nakedness...WoooooooSaaaaaaaaa:wink:

Budmann
09-10-2007, 08:41 PM
Again, I was not, and had no part of these things you people speak of!!!
:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::w ink::wink::wink:

BUIZILLA
09-10-2007, 08:43 PM
now that was funny as hell.... :yes::yes::yes::yes::shades:

Air 22
09-10-2007, 09:02 PM
Ricky, Anywhere South we go you will be fine. Worst case we run outside and ain't no bridges in the Gulf of Mexico!!:):wink::wink::wink::wink:

Buddy...you have any idea where the run South is going? A few years ago we ran South anchored and BBQ"d on the beach etc...that 22 Classic with a cabin and Very LARGE PFD's(that were Red-White n Blue) made a showing:yes::yes:

I'm for offshore..the no-wake was killer inside I recall. That year we ran back to the Hyatt offshore and that was sweet..:wink::yes::yes:

Bravo 2 will be ready....Crissy, George, Bonnie, and Bravo 1 will be on-board:wink:

Budmann
09-10-2007, 09:09 PM
Jim, Cliff, Die and a few others ran down to Venice to "The Crows Nest". Great food, and a nice run outside. Lets see what Mikey has planned and if Sunday is open we could do something like that again this year.

Bud

bob haver
09-10-2007, 09:17 PM
hammer time BRAVO 2 can't wait 16 days & counting:yes::cool!:

Air 22
09-10-2007, 09:34 PM
Jim, Cliff, Die and a few others ran down to Venice to "The Crows Nest". Great food, and a nice run outside. Lets see what Mikey has planned and if Sunday is open we could do something like that again this year.
Bud

Sounds great....:wink:

Air 22
09-10-2007, 09:39 PM
hammer time BRAVO 2 can't wait 16 days & counting:yes::cool!:

Roger That Bravo 1:cool:....we will be MIL Power....:wink::yes: The Weapon of Choice this mission is under lock n key....ready for immediate deployment:yes:..Semper Phi:wink::wink:

Dr. Dan
09-10-2007, 11:28 PM
Jim...if you and Janice grace our presence...can you bring that really large bottle of sedatives....so we can "de-tune" Johnny Revlon, I think he is still sniffing too much of that Nail Polish Remover...by Revlon, to have a clue as to how ridiculous he really sounds, Pilot Speak and Merc Prop Lingo is best left to those in the know like Teague, my Cat.! Now there's a real *****!

Hey Juan ... you shoot any Fish in a Barrel lately? Oh thats right... you don't fish...you use a Net(Jet).

Nakedness? OMG what is the world coming to?

Doc of Criminal Intent

Student of Sufficient Grounds

Air 22
09-11-2007, 07:30 AM
Jim...if you and Janice grace our presence...can you bring that really large bottle of sedatives....so we can "de-tune" Johnny Revlon, I think he is still sniffing too much of that Nail Polish Remover...by Revlon, to have a clue as to how ridiculous he really sounds, Pilot Speak and Merc Prop Lingo is best left to those in the know like Teague, my Cat.! Now there's a real *****!
Hey Juan ... you shoot any Fish in a Barrel lately? Oh thats right... you don't fish...you use a Net(Jet).
Nakedness? OMG what is the world coming to?
Doc of Criminal Intent
Student of Sufficient Grounds

I must pontificate your words of jest....:eek!:

"The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be"...Socrates

:wink:

Budmann
09-11-2007, 04:05 PM
Hey everyone!!! Just heard on the news that a Helicopter crashed in Sarasota filming a race boat in the Gulf!!:frown::frown::frown:

Hey Mikey, do you plan to have a heli shoot??

Bud

fasttrucker
09-11-2007, 06:02 PM
Hey everyone!!! Just heard on the news that a Helicopter crashed in Sarasota filming a race boat in the Gulf!!:frown::frown::frown:
Hey Mikey, do you plan to have a heli shoot??
BudI watched the news report live today.Nice cat boat.I think the helicopter was a total loss.:eek!:

fasttrucker
09-11-2007, 06:06 PM
GREAT NEWS!!!!
We have Lamar Standish... the helicopter pilot... coming this year again and looking forward a blow out!!! Ask the others who have been on the shoot.. not only is it a blast but the work is really great!!
Please come prepared to make it worth his time!!
Satruday morning shoot, as usual!
Thanks.
:propeller::lightning:smash::shocking::eek:

Cuda
09-12-2007, 07:27 AM
Mike,
Since we aren't going north this year, can you check to make sure that there aren't any low clearance bridges that we may need to pass under. I'm sure the fleet of 22's won't have any problems, but I may... :propeller:
Ricky
The run south on the inside is part of the ICW. No low bridges, but a TON of idle zones. The run outside is much better, as long as it's not nasty. My first run with the Donzi boys was from the Holiday Inn in Sarasota, south to Venice. I was in my 242 Formula. It was in July, and the idle zones were brutal with the heat. That was still fun.

Last Tango
09-12-2007, 05:28 PM
The 'copter crash was a magazine shoot (Powerboat magazine). The boat belongs to a local boater from here in Jax. Boat driver was Bob Teague, with a model on board. Neither hurt.

Air 22
09-12-2007, 05:49 PM
The 'copter crash was a magazine shoot (Powerboat magazine). The boat belongs to a local boater from here in Jax. Boat driver was Bob Teague, with a model on board. Neither hurt.

The Driver was BOB TEAGUE Professional Raceboat Driver and member of the PowerBoat Mag Staff..

This is a very sad topic that is being discussed on a thread located on "whatever you want to talk about" thanks for your help..:wink:

BigGrizzly
09-15-2007, 07:29 PM
Bad day on the lake for my Criterion. Th trans (I think) finally gave up, and it doesn't sound good. If I bring a boat It will probably be the Corsican (wife isn't happy). I may be looking for a ride. I can't believe it 6 years without any problems.. Don't get nervous people, no shorty in the future. Mike keep my space open I am not down and out yet.

Budmann
09-15-2007, 07:37 PM
Hey Randy... sorry to hear about the trans!! Just remember what B.O.A.T. stands for...:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Hey I just delivered my Z-33 to a friend of yours. chris hatcher and I are going out for drinks tonight and he told me he knew you and your son. He has a yellow Z-33 Cross-Bow.

Bud

BigGrizzly
09-15-2007, 07:48 PM
I do know what boat stands for, unfortunately! Not enough time or money to do it right before Sota. Such is life in the little town of Dawsonville Ga. Bud, today I was at a wooden boat show at Holiday Marina. The Marina is owned by JOA, Just food for though. There were about 30 wooden boats and one Donzi Corsican in the water.

Budmann
09-15-2007, 07:53 PM
I know Jim Andrews well!! JOA Marine. They were a very good dealer of ours back in the day.

Chris has insisted that when we come to Georgia that we have to give him a call. I really want to plan a trip to Lake Lanier.

Lets do something up there soon!!!!!:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Bud

BigGrizzly
09-15-2007, 08:06 PM
Lets do it, we can talk about this at the rally. We will be their boat less or not. One other minor detail, the Corsican trailer lost the master cylinder on the way to Cumberland this spring and haven't fixed it yet.

Air 22
09-15-2007, 09:50 PM
Bad day on the lake for my Criterion. Th trans (I think) finally gave up, and it doesn't sound good. If I bring a boat It will probably be the Corsican (wife isn't happy). I may be looking for a ride. I can't believe it 6 years without any problems.. Don't get nervous people, no shorty in the future. Mike keep my space open I am not down and out yet.

ASD ASD ASD ASD-6....:cool:

Shanghied Again
09-15-2007, 09:53 PM
Hi Mike and gang.. I am trying to figure this out! I wil be down for the Sarasota Poker Run maybe. But I miss the Donzi gang so do I bring down my hopped up 26ZX or do I try to talk my boss into letting me go to the rally and saty for the poker run and bring the 38 ZR Comp with 700s.

Air 22
09-15-2007, 10:02 PM
Hi Mike and gang.. I am trying to figure this out! I wil be down for the Sarasota Poker Run maybe. But I miss the Donzi gang so do I bring down my hopped up 26ZX or do I try to talk my boss into letting me go to the rally and saty for the poker run and bring the 38 ZR Comp with 700s.

Frank..It will be great to c ya again..:)
Be nice to the Boss....38 ZR Comp with 700s...:wink:

Dr. Dan
09-15-2007, 10:03 PM

Frank,

Do both.... I am doing the Owners Rally and then the Lake George Poker Run the next weekend... hey ya only live once right?

Bring the little boat and Mel, and enjoy some fun time with the Gang...most of us forgot what ya look like...

Doc of the Bay :wink:

MikeMiller
09-16-2007, 01:20 AM
Franky: Great to hear from you!! I hope you bring the 700s! We'll have a blast and you could probably charge for the rides!

I am trying to verify with the Sarasota Helicopter company if they will still do our Photo Shoot with Lamar. Obviously, they are a bit sensitive right now - and for good reason! We'll see early next week. I'll keep everyone posted.

BUIZILLA
09-16-2007, 06:47 AM
Mikey, instead of the helo shoots, maybe something else could be arranged?? might make more sense for this year, and relieve some pressure on the helo co. and Lamar?? just a thought... maybe set up some cones for a 1/4 mile drag race instead?? :boat:

fasttrucker
09-16-2007, 08:19 AM
HEY FRANK!.......Iam flying in and would like to go with you and pickup the bar tab on the sat. run.Never been on a 38ZR,I think it would be a really cool trip.:shades:

BigGrizzly
09-16-2007, 08:23 AM
Frank, I don't care what boat if any, Just join us once again, maybe I'll hitch a ride with you...

undertaker
09-16-2007, 08:40 AM
Frank, would be nice to see you at Sota...hope you can make it....:)

Budmann
09-16-2007, 09:16 AM
Randy, if I have room in my boat you and Barb are welcome! Just not sure if I'm bring my daughter and her cousins. I also told Jim and Janice they could ride with me back in May, but come on anyway cause there is always room on someone's boat.

I'll keep you posted!

Bud

Air 22
09-16-2007, 10:51 AM
Mikey, instead of the helo shoots, maybe something else could be arranged?? might make more sense for this year, and relieve some pressure on the helo co. and Lamar?? just a thought... maybe set up some cones for a 1/4 mile drag race instead?? :boat:

Jim...will the Critt run a 9.88 1/4??:):)

:wink: Mike...Maybe the photographer could take pic's and or video from one of the larger boats as owners did individual or group passes..taking the same formatt as the helo shoot only from the water...etc...just an idea..:bonk::boat:

boxy
09-16-2007, 10:55 AM
HEY FRANK!.......Iam flying in and would like to go with you and pickup the bar tab on the sat. run.

Picking up FrankieC's drinks during the run is no big favor (water doesn't cost a lot)
Springing for the Jack and Cokes once he's tied up is a whole different ballgame ...... :D :eek!: :D

Budmann
09-16-2007, 10:57 AM
Not to sound insensitive, but the Helo shoot is close to my favorite part, and if this is going to maybe be the last Hometown, then it sure would be nice to maybe have an helo view.

Just my 2 cents...

Bud

Cuda
09-16-2007, 11:35 AM
Not to sound insensitive, but the Helo shoot is close to my favorite part, and if this is going to maybe be the last Hometown, then it sure would be nice to maybe have an helo view.
Just my 2 cents...
Bud
Didn't you sleep through last year's helo shoot???:wink:

Budmann
09-16-2007, 11:41 AM
No, but if you remember my waterpump went south! I believe we both wern't able to make that shoot.

catch 22
09-16-2007, 04:52 PM
Jim...will the Critt run a 9.88 1/4??:):)
:wink: Mike...Maybe the photographer could take pic's and or video from one of the larger boats as owners did individual or group passes..taking the same formatt as the helo shoot only from the water...etc...just an idea..:bonk::boat:
That would be a COOL idea if the helo don't work out.:yes::hyper:

Budmann
09-16-2007, 04:57 PM
Air... be careful what you wish for...:eek!::eek!::eek!::eek!::eek!::eek!:

small block breaks sound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MikeMiller
09-16-2007, 05:33 PM
All good thoughts on the helicopter shoot. Let me find out Monday what they say - I have a conference call scheduled. I would definitely prefer a helicopter shoot!!! Boat to boat is always tricky - need a good photo boat driver and the seas make it a longer shoot! People are rarely as excited as the photos from that angle. We'll see. Thanks for the input!

If we did a drag race where would I find cones that float?? :wink:

BUIZILLA
09-16-2007, 06:04 PM
If we did a drag race where would I find cones that float?? :wink:this is how a group did it that I saw....
5 large orange fenders, 4 concrete blocks, 4 pieces of 1/2" rope... mark off with a GPS as close to 1/4 mile as possible, track area is about 120' wide. Start boat will anchor with a firm and taught fore and aft anchor in middle of the starting line, with the center of the boat in the middle of the start cones, we'll be using a flag start... starter signal is arms up for boats to be put in gear approx 1 boat length behind the start line, as boats approach the starting line at LOWEST IDLE speed, and in gear, the starter drops his hands at his choice of timing, there is a finish boat OUTSIDE the buoys at the finish parallelling the buoys... trust me when I tell you the fastest boat rarely wins in a matchup, the BEST accelerating and fastest trimout procedure boat usually wins. Each racer cannot see the other boat at the start as the starter boat blocks the view, so if one is idling way ahead they will be disqualified at the start line, the boats will be equal bow's at a distance to the REAR of the start boat, they get the initial arms up motion, and then idle towards the start buoys... we can even do bets where one boat can get the *move* and say 1 or 2 boat lengths out or so, maybe even 3 or 4... make it a street race kinda deal.. say I race Airboy with my 18, I think he has about 4-5 mph on me, so I want 2 boat lengths out from the start buoy and the move... then the race is on from there..(keep in mind my sandbag tactics) :pimp:
life jackets and tethers are required

Cuda
09-16-2007, 06:24 PM
No, but if you remember my waterpump went south! I believe we both wern't able to make that shoot.
We made it last year with Deb driving the 22. It was the year before when I damn near sunk my Minx that we didn't make it. :(

ITTLFLI
09-16-2007, 07:19 PM
just a thought... maybe set up some cones for a 1/4 mile drag race instead?? :boat:

That would be sweet! Grizz better bring some small wheels for the crew!!:yes:

catch 22
09-16-2007, 08:00 PM
I think we should do BOTH.:yes::checkered:

Tidbart
09-17-2007, 06:10 AM
It is getting closer to crunch time.....

Anyone looking to share a room???

Let me know, flying solo this year.:yes:

Bob

BUIZILLA
09-18-2007, 07:35 PM
Mikey, Janice and I are coming in on Friday late afternoon. Can I pay then??

BigGrizzly
09-19-2007, 08:48 AM
Buzz, Glad you can make it!!!

MikeMiller
09-19-2007, 09:35 AM
No problem Buizilla!! Glad you can make it!

BUIZILLA
09-19-2007, 01:06 PM
:cool!: :cool!:

MikeMiller
09-19-2007, 04:56 PM
HELLOOOOOO. Anyone know if Jack and/or Brandon Keefe are coming?? Anyway, they're on my hopefuls list!

As of 9/19/07:
Mark Laszlo (22zx)
Chris allard & Emily (35zf)
Bud Staples (22c)
Dwight & Chrissy Jeckel (22c)
Cliff & Diana Wind
Dr. Dan & Liz Johnides & Jean (Bean) (22c)
Nate Schlaeppi & Guest (22c)
Tom & Gaye Hanley (22c)
Jim & Gina Collins (22c)
Mike & Lori Russell (22zx)
William Daubert
Bob Haver - gonna let his freak flag fly!
Jim Bobar
Jim & Janice Haas (18c)
Brad Verd & Amy Amerson
Bob & Pam Sindelar
Donzi Marine - Josh Stickles

HOPEFULS: - They say they're coming!!
Lenny Green
Jack & Brandon Keefe
Bob Wilson

REMEMBER.... 80s!!!! Prizes for best costume and boat decoration!

Itinerary:
Friday 12-5pm: Boat splashing and welcoming
Friday night 7pm - Poolside Welcome Reception
Saturday 10am: Tentative Helicopter Shoot
Saturday 12-3pm: Lunch at Mangrove Grill (Riviera Dunes)
Saturday 7pm: Evening Dinner in Ballroom with Awards and Prizes and an Auction!
Sunday 8-10am: Breakfast - Florida Room
Sunday All Day: Fun Run to Anywhere!

BUIZILLA
09-19-2007, 06:42 PM
uhummmmm.... Mikey....

Jim & Janice Haas
18C

why am I the only one bringing an 18?? :wink:

or is this a 22C convention...

Jamesbon
09-19-2007, 06:46 PM
"...Johnny come lately..." We're in...

99 22C...

Dr. Dan
09-19-2007, 07:21 PM
:eek!:Mikey,

Add Bean to Lizzy and our attendee list.... she is flying in on Friday....

I can mail ya the Jing or Pay Ya at the Event.

Let me know....

Budmann
09-19-2007, 07:29 PM
Jim, bring the 18... we will wait for you!!! (ouch)!:wink::wink::wink::wink:

BigGrizzly
09-19-2007, 07:49 PM
At this point no boat in sight still working and pulling out stuff out of thin air.

MikeMiller
09-19-2007, 08:10 PM
Sorry folks - I missed a couple of VIPs in the list. It has been updated!

Dr. Dan: pay me in cold hard cash - sinlge crisp 20s please!:wink:

Grizzly: Sorry for the boat problems! Get here with or without a boat. We got plenty for Barbara - you'll have to sit by the pool though.

Anyone else getting excited??

Budmann
09-19-2007, 08:12 PM
Are you kiddin... my puter never goes off the site!!! Hey Mikey, have you heard anymore from Lamar??

Bud

MikeMiller
09-19-2007, 08:16 PM
No. I called again today! He was supposed to be trying to convince them to let us do the shoot. Doesn't look good but I may have a backup! Keep your fingers crossed.

Lenny
09-20-2007, 01:18 AM
Mike, your $360 US is in the mail, Money Order to you. It left a couple days ago. Should greet you by Wednesday or Thursday at the latest.

Believe me, we are there. Planes, Fast Cats, Float Planes, EVERYTHING is BOOKED !!! :D:D:D

See ya Friday at about noon your time.

Lenny and Deneen

:)

WA-LO
09-20-2007, 06:57 AM
All the pressure is killing us we might slip in , I will call today.

If so it will be me,momma, shelby
And Jims 30 Scarab!!:yes:

WA-LO
09-20-2007, 06:59 AM
Oh Mike, can we bring a stack of Bennys and pay up at the door.

BUIZILLA
09-20-2007, 07:02 AM
your REALLY going to piss my wife off if you bring the Scarab.... :boggled:

I'll just bring the Cary then and dock it next to the Scarab, and we'll all watch her go ballistic........ :wink:

WA-LO
09-20-2007, 08:16 AM
Mabe I will just play lifegaurd at the pool all weekend, I dont want my
ass gettin kicked!!!!!!!!!!!! Better yet Ill bring the boat and you drive all weekend Deal ?

smokediver
09-20-2007, 08:28 AM
Mikey ...trying to make it up for saturday ... bringing my 18 ... and my daughter ... keeping fingers crossed .... :crossfing:

BUIZILLA
09-20-2007, 08:35 AM
Better yet Ill bring the boat and you drive all weekend Deal ? that'll piss her off even more.. :cool:
no biggie...

BigGrizzly
09-20-2007, 09:49 AM
OK, Mike, we are coming regardless, after all thoes years of giving rides I hope Some one will have room for us. Andrew is sorry he can't make it but scool comes first. If I can find an affordable sea strainer I will bring the Corsican. In Ga. they ask," what is a sea strainer, never saw one on a bass boat":confused::confused:

fasttrucker
09-20-2007, 12:26 PM
Picking up FrankieC's drinks during the run is no big favor (water doesn't cost a lot)
Springing for the Jack and Cokes once he's tied up is a whole different ballgame ...... :D :eek!: :D
I will pickup the bar tab for everyone:eek!:At the local sandbar........out on the gulf:bonk:....Frank has a really nice 2004 33zx for sale.He brought it to the big poker run here in maryland.THE GET DOWN BOAT,check it out www.typhoonperformancemarine.com or www.tpm1.com/used/2004donzi33zx/33zx.html

need for speed
09-20-2007, 02:48 PM
:wink:WOW! can't wait!

MikeMiller
09-20-2007, 06:53 PM
WA-LO: now that you've dangled the carrot - you HAVE TO COME!! No problem on paying when you get there!
Grizzly: There will be plenty of room. Just get your butt here!
Okay EVERYONE!!! I need help. Email me at my address and tell me your REAL NAMES with your Registry Names!!!!!! I can't make sense of who has paid and who hasn't and who is commenting on this site!!:bonk:
mikermiller@bellsouth.net
Appreciate it!

ITTLFLI
09-20-2007, 07:01 PM
If I can find an affordable sea strainer I will bring the Corsican.

Grizz....I have one on the shelf you could "borrow" til AOTH....

BigGrizzly
09-21-2007, 04:17 PM
Thanks Byron but it just keeps getting worse. The Cotsican trailer breaks let go first the mastercylinde than the drums. I have A disk set up but not enough time to do the job right so I will park the idea of bringing a boat. There is a first time for everything. Who knows if Tom Freeman brings his Corsican I could copilot with him and send Barb on a big boat.

tom freeman
09-21-2007, 07:22 PM
grizz

I have been in contact with poodle to get a new axle and tires for my antique donzi trailer that is fubar:bonk:. so i am very doubtfull. if i could get an axle installed this week i could go.

i will check a few things tomorrow. on a percentage basis i am a 20% chance at best.

the boat is ready, but you see my trailer is ....

i will call you tomorrow

tom

MikeMiller
09-22-2007, 07:21 PM

As of 9/22/07 -Registered and Paid:
Mark Laszlo, Heather & Joshua (22zx)
Chris Allard & Emily Reeder (35zf)
Bud Staples (22c)
Dwight & Chrissy Jeckel (22c)
Cliff & Diana Wind
Dr. Dan & Liz Johnides & Jean (Bean) (22c)
Nate Schlaeppi & Jessica Garone (22c)
Tom & Gaye Hanley (22c)
Jim & Gina Collins (22c)
John & Sherry Boutwell, Preston & Hannah (z25)
Mike & Lori Russell (22zx)
William Daubert
Bob Haver - gonna let his freak flag fly!
Jim Bobar
Brad Verd & Amy Amerson
Bob & Pam Sindelar (22c)
Donzi Marine - Josh Stickles (...?...)

HOPEFULS: - They swear they're coming!! I'm sure they are.
Lenny Green
Jim & Janice Haas
Jack & Brandon Keefe
Bob Wilson
Gene Drago

REMEMBER.... 80s!!!! Prizes for best costume and boat decoration!

Itinerary:
Friday 12-5pm: Boat splashing and welcoming
Friday night 7pm - Poolside Welcome Reception
Saturday 10am: Tentative Helicopter Shoot
Saturday 12-3pm: Lunch at Mangrove Grill (Riviera Dunes)
Saturday 7pm: Evening Dinner in Ballroom with Awards and Prizes and an Auction!
Sunday 8-10am: Breakfast - Florida Room
Sunday All Day: Fun Run to Anywhere!

undertaker
09-22-2007, 07:50 PM
www.typhoonperformancemarine.com

MikeMiller
09-22-2007, 07:52 PM
Thanks Ed. I got it already and deleted the post.:wink:

undertaker
09-22-2007, 08:33 PM
Cool, see ya this weekend:):):yes::yes:

Dr. Dan
09-24-2007, 11:28 PM
:smash:Well the Z-71 All Terrain Donzi Urban Assault Vehicle is loaded and ready for dispatch tomorrow morning.... The A-Team is heading to points South.... should be in the Sunshine State about the later side of East of Jesus. Taken the scenic official Waldo Speed Trap Route just to make it a challenge. :wavey:

Rumor has it that the B-Team will be in pursuit late Wednesday....arriving on Thursday... just in time for the Beer:30, anyways looking forward to seeing everyone.:beer:

Drive Safe......

Doc - Deliverer of the Evil Twin
and the 2nd Generation of What's To Come, ...to be cont.:spongebob:

MikeMiller
09-24-2007, 11:39 PM
You and the team be careful!!! I am looking forward to tearing it up with ya!

catch 22
09-25-2007, 05:26 AM
You and the team be careful!!! I am looking forward to tearing it up with ya!
YOU BETTER GO EASY BIG FELLA.:wink::boggled::):yes::yes::yes::bonk::smash ::hyper::eek!:

Last Tango
09-25-2007, 04:49 PM
http://www.wunderground.com/radar/radblast.asp?zoommode=zoom&num=1&delay=15&scale=0.750&noclutter=0&ID=TBW&type=N0R&lat=27.35370064&lon=-82.48719788&label=Sarasota,%20FL&showstorms=0&map.x=394.5&map.y=250.5&centerx=420&centery=201&lightning=0&showlabels=1&rainsnow=0

WA-LO
09-26-2007, 01:02 PM
Well one of my employees had to take off time this week so we:( wont
make it. take lots of pics have fun. Mabe next time.

Donzi Racer
09-26-2007, 01:14 PM
Well we are coming at the last minute. Nephew David will be coming for his first Hometown Rally. Hopefully we will be bringing our '69 Barrel Back. It needs some finishing touches, so maybe we can get some help with ideas of finishing her up. She is very close to being ready to go. Also planning on putting her up on the FOR SALE Board if anyone would like to take a good look at a "SLEEPER" Classic for fun or show. Tom Bawsel 256-777-0844

Scott Heidt
09-26-2007, 05:34 PM
Hey All I have been off the radar for a long time! I Work in Bradenton and comute from Tampa. I just got home and saw a two boat Donzi caravan heading south to the rally. Two red ones! SOOO COOL!

I am going to try my best to come down for the day on Sat to hang out. I hopefully will be bringing the Hornet II. Mikey, I will be giving you a call tomorrow. It is all going to depend if I can get away from work!

Scott

Budmann
09-26-2007, 05:58 PM
Hey Mikey!!!!!!! Just spoke to my bro, and he is birng the 35ZF!!!! Looks like he will have to come down on Sat. I told him he had better be there EARLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you make sure he has a slip?? I'm going to see if I can get him a room.

Oh yea!!!! **** is gonna get REAL!!!!!!

Bud

RickyR
09-26-2007, 07:02 PM
Hey Mikey!!!!!!! Just spoke to my bro, and he is birng the 35ZF!!!! Looks like he will have to come down on Sat. I told him he had better be there EARLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can you make sure he has a slip?? I'm going to see if I can get him a room.
Bud

Wait a minute... :shocking:
Another 35 ZF ???? :eek!:
What's this :yes: That makes 3 :shark: for the weekend. :crossfing:
Very cool :cool::cool::cool::cool:
Ricky

Lenny
09-26-2007, 10:46 PM
Bud

Seen that before :rolleyes: Bring some bandaids Folks :D :D :D

See ya there Johnny :)

'bout 11:30 AM on the Friday at the Hyatt. :D

WA-LO
09-27-2007, 08:47 AM
Hey Mikey, we might be able to get over for lunch on saturday, could
I get a address for the Mangrove Grill ? By car.

boxy
09-28-2007, 04:36 PM
Talked to Doc, Amy, Cliff, Di, and the rest of the crew at Chris's late last night, sounded like they were having a good time ..... :D

Any sign of Lenny yet?

RedDog
09-28-2007, 06:38 PM
oh well - I miss it again. Sounds like a great time! Have fun all.

Maybe next year I will finally make it.................

Mr X
09-29-2007, 05:43 AM
Deneen and Lenny were crossing the US/CA border last night about 8:12.. Expected ETA in 'sota was 10:30 this AM, and Lenny muttered something about going straight to the bar.. My guess is that's where you'll find him :) :D :D
Yup, thats where we first spotted him! :yes:

Cuda
09-29-2007, 08:05 PM
I heard it was ROUGH today when they got in Tampa Bay.:eek!:

Mr X
09-29-2007, 08:22 PM
I was out in Sara Bay and it was Brutal!

roadtrip se
09-30-2007, 10:34 AM
from the double D on the docks and I can certify that there was fun being had. I just hope that the folks I talked to were enjoying their drink as opposed to swimming in it.

Full reports are expected...

BUIZILLA
09-30-2007, 06:01 PM
:shades:

need for speed
09-30-2007, 06:17 PM
:wink: back home! boats all clean and waiting for next year!

Mr X
09-30-2007, 07:24 PM
And how did you make out with the Myco problem?

Cuda
09-30-2007, 07:53 PM
And how did you make out with the Myco problem?
Shhh! Don't you know we aren't supposed to notice the Emperor is wearing no clothes. I got jumped on for that.

smokediver
09-30-2007, 08:18 PM
I don't think ANY of the boats "ate up" the Bay ... I felt like I was going to get eaten in the 18 . It hung in there but I am sore ! My stereo face plate broke , the stereo fell on the deck and was bouncing around ... Glad there was a leg down there to soften the blow before hitting ... glad it wasn't mine :yes: I had to take off after pulling Mark back to the dock ... Had to be at a volleyball game ... It was great seeing old friends and making new ones !

Mr X
09-30-2007, 08:30 PM
Mark broke down?
What happened?

BUIZILLA
09-30-2007, 08:42 PM
I don't know if we have a full damage tally yet, it was tough in a couple spots, but 5 or 6 hit/bumped the same sand bar pretty good, including me, but one of those didn't make it... two or three 22's took water clear over the bow, and windshields, a couple did it more than once... one push rope lasted 3 hours 20 minutes... it was p_e_r_f_e_c_t 18 weather though, Lenny and I didn't hardly get a drop, I swear... :yes: the little 18 that could hung in there pretty good...

smokediver
09-30-2007, 10:10 PM
Mark broke down?
What happened?
mark , in the 27 zx , might have bent a push rod ...

BigGrizzly
10-01-2007, 09:48 AM
This is the first I went to a rally without a boat. It was a strange feeling. While driving down I kept looking in the rear view and "no BOAT". I once started down to the dock to cover it, wife stopped me. It was still a great event even boat less. as for Buzzes statement, not a drop of water, we were next to him and he is telling it pretty straight. He and Lenny also duck real quick. Thanks Jim And Gina for the ride. Thanks Mike and Judy for the ride back in the 38ZX. Mike thank YOU for another great event!!!

WA-LO
10-01-2007, 10:42 AM
Thanks Mike for a great event,what a awsome effort. Great to see some
old friends and meet new ones, Lenny great meeting you and your other 1/2.
Staples brothers are always fun and I pay the bar tab next time around I know I drankl my share!! Its not so bad going boatless "its about the people"
Grizzley great to see you and the wife and I think next trip trip to K-town
we will stop by and say hey. See ya next time!!

PS Mikey email me your address and I will send thos cubans!!
JHSTRI@AOL.COM

Budmann
10-01-2007, 02:12 PM
Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that 35ZF hard to push!!!!!!!!!:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Thanks to Jim, Lenny and Nate for helping a fat guy get his old 22 running Sat. night!! You guys are the best!

What a GREAT group!!!!!! Loved spending time with all of you!!! What a great display of 22's!!!

Oh, I will never go in Tampa Bay AGAIN!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad: What a crapy place to boat in anything!!! My brother had to Idle accross in the 35 on Sunday!! Said it was 5 to 6 footers with a 7 mixed in for good measure.

I'm beat up!!! Need to get in better shape to take that kindof water ever again!!

Bud

Air 22
10-01-2007, 02:42 PM
I don't know if we have a full damage tally yet, it was tough in a couple spots, but 5 or 6 hit/bumped the same sand bar pretty good, including me, but one of those didn't make it... two or three 22's took water clear over the bow, and windshields, a couple did it more than once... one push rope lasted 3 hours 20 minutes... it was p_e_r_f_e_c_t 18 weather though, Lenny and I didn't hardly get a drop, I swear... :yes: the little :wink18 that could hung in there pretty good...

"Luck":crossfing:.. I guess kept us off the bottom..:eek!:...That was some rough water in Tampa Bay:yes:..glad its over...only lost a trim pump bracket screw...no major damage...the prop needs a little tlc but thats it.
Mikey..we had a great time:wink:...hope to see a posting for next year's event soon...:yes: Great to see old and new faces...looking fwd to next year:wink::yes:

need for speed
10-01-2007, 02:53 PM
"Air" better get to that prop took me like an hour to get that stuff off my prop and a few other things on my drive...:cool:
Tanks BUDmann for comming right over ready to help me!! thanks.!!

Air 22
10-01-2007, 03:16 PM
"Air" better get to that prop took me like an hour to get that stuff off my prop and a few other things on my drive...:cool:
Tanks BUDmann for comming right over ready to help me!! thanks.!!

"Speed"...I take my prop off b4 trailering...its going to Merc Racing for a tune...no electrolysis on my drive...salt was EVERYWHERE on the boat...what nasty stuff it can be...:eek!: Flush and Buff...man wadda work-out...:wink:

Tidbart
10-01-2007, 03:59 PM
I got some photos uploaded to the gallery. Not many, but it's a start.

Great seeing everyone. Thanks to Mikey for all his hard work.:wink:

Can't wait for the next one.

Bob

bob haver
10-01-2007, 05:19 PM
Hi Everyone,
As always its a pleasure to spend quality time with my Donzi pals.
Jim and I just got home. Thank You... Mike Miller...We had a blast. I now know how to spell Hermaphrodite, aka Mike Miller. Thank God, Mike gave me & my liver a night off from drinking. :beer: Now I know what I am in for when I meet him in Miami. He is a real good Karaoki singer, Purple Rain - Purple Rain, LONG LIVE "Prince" aka Mike Miller. p.s. that was his favorite song to sing.
A special thank you to Dwight & nice lady. Seriously, Dwight is a really good driver in rough water. Now if we could just get him to follow the leader, instead of always being the leader. I guess it's all in the prop???
I enjoyed spending time with everyone at the Hometown Rally, Big Griz & his wife, always a learning experience with him, Brad and Amy, Norm & Sarah, Dr. Dan & Liz, especially my silver fox pal, Cullotta & Bonnie and so many others, I had a great time with everyone, its like being with my best friends and family all in one. I don't know any group that could be as fun and great to be with as the Donzi Clubs. The Donzi family tight knit group and I love being a part of it.

BigGrizzly
10-01-2007, 06:32 PM
Wa-Lo there is no way you can get to K without coming close to us. If you don't stop we will be hurt. It was great seeing you for more then the token drive to lunch say hi and leave. Bob it is people like you , Dwhite Dr. Dan and all that make want to go to Lake George again, your right it is a family.

RickyR
10-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Lori and I made it home today..
We also had a spectacular weekend, and met some nice people. Mike you out did yourself.
Funny, but I don't remember Tampa bay being that rough on Saturday :confused:.
Maybe it was my wake that made it too rough for y'all :boat::yes:
Also, Sunday was a VERY interesting day in the cove.
We will post a few pics later. I'm tired and need some sleep.
Ricky

norm911
10-01-2007, 07:12 PM
I agree with Bob - I don't know of another group that's as welcoming and fun as the Donzi crowd. Thanks again to everyone - Sarah and I had an awesome time. Even though it was a pretty rough ride, we escaped with only minor damage: trim pump fluid all over the bilge when the cap popped off, a little less black paint on the skeg from an unfortunate meeting with a sandy bottom, and some bruised up occupants. Pretty good luck, I think.

While the ride was tough on Saturday, the ride from Chris Allards house to the Hilton on Friday was A M A Z I N G ! ! I think it was the most fun run I've had in the boat to-date. Dwight, Doc, Ed, myself, Nate - what a run!

Anyway, it was great hanging out and running with all of you all. Looking forward to next time.

Norm

norm911
10-01-2007, 07:32 PM
OH! And I almost forgot: Thanks Mr. Miller. You truly are the master of pulling these things together and acting as the MC. Great job again this year.

Norm

Budmann
10-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Pics have been posted on the Gallery!!!!!!!

ENJOY....

Bud

Lenny
10-01-2007, 11:57 PM
Lenny and I didn't hardly get a drop, I swear... :yes: the little 18 that could hung in there pretty good...

Yes it did. There were more than a "few" that looked to be 5' tall tho :eek: Yes, the little 18 was AMAZING. Something to be said for the driver too tho :yes:

Just got in. 18 hours door to door. I could probably "commute" from Sarasota and still have 6 hours of "quiet time" if I worked ever other day :D

Nice place, GREAT water, perfect weather :yes:

A blast :)

fegettes
10-02-2007, 04:21 AM
Yes, I agree with all of the responses so far, what a great group of a boating family of friends. Thanks for all of the help I received with getting my boat on the water. This was one of our first events and we were impressed. We made some great friends and will look forward to seeing them again.

Saturday, ..... that was a good run. I had thoughts running through my head of what kind of Donzi fanatics are these people to show how tough these Donzi's are. Yes, they were put to the test on that day, they took a good pounding.

We look forward to our next event.

Steve and Melinda

Dr. Dan
10-02-2007, 06:46 AM
:wink:So I re-read my previous post and thought...it really wasn't what I wanted to put here... so I will re-post alot of the thoughts in a seperate thread....

Mikey the Event was a blast as always... Chris throws a heck of a Pre-Run Party...thanks for all of your generosity Chris....it was all terrific.

Thanks to my Crew on Saturday for not declaring a misdeal and jumping into another boat.

Great to see John and Kathy...and Ted....you need to bring your better half more often.

Looking Forward to seeing everyone soon...

Doc of Continuous Re-Evaluation :wink:

BUIZILLA
10-02-2007, 06:53 AM
Yes it did. There were more than a "few" that looked to be 5' tall tho :eek: Yes, the little 18 was AMAZING. Something to be said for the driver too tho :yes:

18 damage assessment >> a handful of loose rubrail screws..... other than that, the boat is A-1 perfect.... gotta luv it. I will honestly admit that my new Uflex throttle made for excellent and consistent throttling in those sea's, if I would have had the old POS Merc stick, we'd have been in trouble...

BabyDonzi
10-02-2007, 07:16 PM
Me Oh Me Oh MY now that was a party!
Mike Miller, once again, you are the best! You went above and beyond the call of duty! We are your flock and we will follow you where ever you lead us! It was great to see everyone again, new friends made, old ones to catch up with, simply one of the greatest get togethers ever! The seas were rough, the woman were beautiful, the drinks were cold and the Donzis were hot, what more could a man ask for? Well, when the Tiki bar went topless, iceing on the cake! I saw more high flying Donzis, topless woman, and other non family related topics than I dare to mention! Glad everyone made it home safe! Except for the one or two of you that are still there! (Lucky dogs)!
A special shout out to Steve and Melinda! New friends made for sure!
So here we go!
The top ten things I learned this weekend!
1 Mike Miller can sing but he cant play bass!
2 Classics and sand bars dont mix!
3 ZX's and sand bars dont mix!
4 Diana still loves her Baxter more than her Donzi!
5 A 27 ZX with 500 hours will blow a rod at WOT!
6 Melinda and Marguirata's mix, for a little while!
7 Back flips off of the the top of the waterfall will get you banned for life?
8 Given enough years, Scott will eventually show up with a beautiful Donzi Hornet 2!
9 Black lace up leather boots do attract attention!
And # 10------------------------------------------------------
Yes Jim, she's stock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wrench:

Cuda
10-02-2007, 07:35 PM
See what happens without your Tampa Bay Bawana on hand? :)

I called Catch Saturday morning before the run. He said the wind was blowing pretty hard, but from the east, so they were hoping it wouldn't be rough. I told him that east wind in the bay, has a long, long, reach to build up seas, probably 15 miles before it even reaches the Skyway. The most scared I've ever been in a boat, was once my brother and I, took my 23 John Almand out in the bay. We came out along side the Skyway, and when I reached the channel, it was so rough, I was afraid to come about, to head back to the dock. I saw a longer spot between waves, and turned a 180 as sharp as I could, and thankfully we didn't broach. That old 23 was a big, heavy seaworthy boat, but Tampa Bay ain't no joke.

I would have warned people you can't cross out of Sarasota Bay, over to the Manatee River, without running past the last set of markers the bay, and I still swing out a little farther, before picking up the markers to the Manatee River. Cutting across there is hit or miss at best. In heavy seas, the water can literally drop out from under you between waves.

I heard the ride back was rough, even on a 38 footer.:eek!:

I'm glad nobody got hurt. Mother Nature ain't no lady! :)

Lenny
10-02-2007, 08:30 PM
I'm glad nobody got hurt. Mother Nature ain't no lady! :)

Lots of bruises, but the smiles and "winning" in this contest of man/boat and water made up for it ten times.

The grin on my face ear to ear still is proof of that... :)

Scott Heidt
10-03-2007, 04:09 PM
Hi All,

Had a great time! I only came in for the day on Saturday. I soooo wish that I could have been there the whole weekeknd. It was great to see old friends and to make new ones.

I forgot who it was but they wanted to know the H.I.N. information on the Hornet: DMR200691281

DMR= Donzi! Woo Hoo! This aint no Bayliner!
20 = 20' Hornet II
069= Hull number 69
12 = Production Month December
81 = Model Year 1981

The boat ran well in the rough seas on Saturday. I did have to remount one of my amplifiers and capacitors that broke loose, but other than that the boat is 100%.

Mikey thanks again for putting on a great rally!

Things I learned:

1 A 502 burns alot of gas! :)
2. Playing follow the leader can get you lost. :)
3. My uncle can fit into tight spots in a Donzi engine room!
4. 1 day at the Hometown rally is not enough.
5. It may have taken me 5 years to get my boat to the Home Town Rally, but darn if it wasn't the best day of my life! :)
6. Oh an No potato chips on the boat!

See everyone next year!

Scott

need for speed
10-03-2007, 06:31 PM
Few things I picked up

1 Don't pull out your lanyard at 70 mph
2 Tampa bay gets nasty
3 Spark plug wires can jump off:confused:
4 The lead boat goes too fast
5 An 18 can tow a 26
6 always shoot for the channel markers
7 Bob is a sneekie guy
8 Funny things can happen in a boat house
9 25 mph zones mean nothing to this crew
10 pack binoculars to see the lead boat next time

Donzi Racer
10-03-2007, 11:03 PM
Hi All,
Had a great time! I only came in for the day on Saturday. I soooo wish that I could have been there the whole weekeknd. It was great to see old friends and to make new ones.
I forgot who it was but they wanted to know the H.I.N. information on the Hornet: DMR200691281
DMR= Donzi! Woo Hoo! This aint no Bayliner!
20 = 20' Hornet II
069= Hull number 69
12 = Production Month December
81 = Model Year 1981
The boat ran well in the rough seas on Saturday. I did have to remount one of my amplifiers and capacitors that broke loose, but other than that the boat is 100%.
Mikey thanks again for putting on a great rally!
Things I learned:
1 A 502 burns alot of gas! :)
2. Playing follow the leader can get you lost. :)
3. My uncle can fit into tight spots in a Donzi engine room!
4. 1 day at the Hometown rally is not enough.
5. It may have taken me 5 years to get my boat to the Home Town Rally, but darn if it wasn't the best day of my life! :)
6. Oh an No potato chips on the boat!
See everyone next year!
Scott
Scott, it was a great couple of days for us also. After 2 years of saying we were going to finish the barrel back, we finally semi did. We felt like someone with their right foot nailed to the floor, with the little 18 only turning to the right. Real experience putting the boat in the water at 3 am and idleing away from the ramp and turning into the sea wall. Well we finally got a little left turn out of it going back to put it back on the trailer Sunday. It was too rough though to test it much. After two years though it was nice to get to hear it run at least. Maybe we will go back to the Hyatt this coming weekend for the big Poker Run. I just wanted to tell you how special your boat looked Scott and what a great job you did on it.
Now for our famous leader, Mike did a fantastic job as always and we cannot wait til next year but, the only thing you have ever said that I did not agree with is, sorry bout this Mike but, IT is about the boat!!!! We all just love em.
Thanks to everyone for making my nephew David feel at home and now he definitely has the bug. He wants a 16 real bad. Maybe in time for next years meet. Tom

Lenny
10-03-2007, 11:20 PM
I will honestly admit that my new Uflex throttle made for excellent and consistent throttling in those sea's, if I would have had the old POS Merc stick, we'd have been in trouble...

I never saw you use the "throttle" ... D

Buzz, I will be your wingman, ANYTIME, ANYWHERE... :)

You got it "hooked up" and know that boat inside and out... no question...

Thanx

Got LE ???

Jamesbon
10-05-2007, 08:49 AM
First of all, I give a BIG Thanks to Mike Miller for orchestrating an absolute blast of a weekend! Entertainment? Who needs entertainment? We have Mike Miller!

25 mph zones? I slowed down for one and four Donzi's blasted by me at WOT! So I put the hammer down and trimmed up... OOPS! Those sailboaters in there probably $h*t their pants when 5 open exhaust Donzi's came flying by. :)

We took some high resolution pics so you guys can print and frame. Though nearly not enough, we did manage to get a few. Check the photo gallery for the new ones.

We had a great time meeting so many new people and spending time with ones we haven't seen in a long time.

catch 22
10-06-2007, 03:00 PM
Finally made it home late yesterday afternoon. A special thanks to Mike Miller for putting together another awesome Hometown Rally. A very BIG Thank You to Mike & Judy Holderness for the tow on Saturday. Scott, what a beautiful job you did on the Hornet II and your uncle is unbelievable, a BIG thanks to him. Norm, you have a beautiful looking 22. The wife and I love the checker flag graphics. Had a great time at dinner Sunday night at Tommy Bahamas with everyone. 5 things I learned at Sota this year:
I hope the Jets Dwight flys have GPS:yes::wink:
I need a 38 ZR to deal with Tampa Bay:yes:
Dam those Sand Bars:mad::mad::mad:
I hope the Jets Dwight flys have GPS:yes::wink:
I need a 38 ZR to deal with Tampa Bay:yes:
All in all it was a great time as usual and we look forward to seeing everyone in a lake near you soon. Not Tampa Bay.

Cuda
10-06-2007, 10:38 PM
Not Tampa Bay.

Wimp!:tongue:

catch 22
10-07-2007, 06:22 AM
I NEED A BIGGER BOAT:yes: