PDA

View Full Version : A Big Thank you! From the Lake George Donzi Classic Club! Pictures are posted!

Scott Pearson
06-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Well, Another Dust-Off has come and gone. And this years gathering was one of the best! As always we had all of our friends there from near and far, great weather and some of the best boating in the world. Most of us stayed at Treasure Cove and the new owner John and his staff made all of use feel welcome. They all went the extra mile to accommodate all of us! For those of you who plan on attending next year make sure you stay at Treasure Cove…you wont be disappointed.

Friday night we all met at LakeSide Bar & Grill. I have to say that the place was outstanding! Nicole the owner, made all the arrangements for group so we had plenty of service and seating. The food was perfect!

Saturdays poker run turned into a great event. The new format that Matty and Marie came up with was top notch. Everyone was able to enjoy the lake and it was great to see each model Donzi showcased. The poker run winners were as follow:

1st Place : Don and Kim (again)
2nd Place: Brandon and Gerry
3rd Place: George and Bonnie

Saturday night awards dinner is always a great time. The Algonquin Restaurant always makes the Donzi group feel welcome. Florance is always there for anything we need and really sets things up for us like no other.
We did something different this year and had a Chinese auction. There was some very nice gifts donated by other club members that went over great. The Trivia quiz had some really brain busting questions that Matty and Marie came up with. You should have see the smoke in the room. The winner of the Trivia quiz are the following:

1st Place : Ed Hodgkinson (he took the golden prop of knowledge award)
2nd Place : Cliff Wind
3rd Place : Eric Tolnes

The boat show awards went to the following:

Owners Choice = John and Kate Benkoczy 1976 18 Donzi
Vintage Classic (Oldest) = Eric Tolnes 1967 V-Drive 18 Donzi
Legacy Classic (Most Historic) = Cliff and Diana Wind 1978 Criterion Donzi
Heritage Classic ( Most Original) = Walter and Winifred Herrmann 1987 22 Donzi
Renaissance Classic ( Best Restoration) = Dave 1968 St. Tropez
Sojourn Classic ( Farthest Towed) Jim and Janet Hass 1982 Criterion Donzi.

Please check out the pictures on our web site at: www.lgdonziclassic.com

Ok…so with all that said I would like to recognize and thank a bunch of people for bunch of different things. With out all of you none of the Lake George Donzi Clubs gatherings would be possible.

Cherie… For all your help with everything throughout the year. All your hard work shows at all our gatherings!

Matty and Marie… You guys are the best! Your dedication to the LGDCC is second to none. You guys make everything come together and you work so hard at having everything perfect. This years Dust-off was one of the best so far and its all due to you guys giving so much to the Oldest Donzi Clubs in the world. Thank you for everything!

Randy (Big Griz)… Thank you again for coming so far to be at our event. And for bringing all your custom SOLAS props for everyone to try and buy. Guys….If you haven’t tried one of Randy’s props…Your missing the boat!

Bob Haver, Jay Lurie, Kerby, Dwight Jeckel, Skip and Howard…Thanks for making the poker run all come together in the end!

Dr. Dan…Man, you always have something up you sleeve. Thank you again for my one of a kind gift! We need to get together for next years clothing!

George and Bonnie...George, thanks for selling all those raffle tickets! Bonnie, For the use of the computer, thank you!

Scott and Heidi Baxter and Jim and Janice Hass…Thank you once more for coming up to this event again. You guys are always welcome! Scott, thank you for all the great auction and raffle gifts! Jim, Thanks for a outstanding dinner…Its my turn to buy next time!

Ed and Augusta… Thanks for the Great Auction gifts!

Ken...Thanks for the case of oil!

Don and Kim…Thanks for not making that (stuff) what ever its called…you know what Im talking about

I know I’m forgetting people…If I am, you know that everything everyone has done means a lot.

So thank you everyone for making this years 12th annual Spring Dust Off an event to remember. Please check out the pictures on our web site to see how the event unfolded.

Till the fall picnic……C-Yea!

slapshot11
06-20-2007, 08:29 PM
Scott,
Did you get the video clip I sent you? It's about 10 minutes long. Best segment is right at the beginning with Fast Eddies "gentlemen, start your engines". Sounds better than the Daytona 500. If e-mail doesn't work, I can copy the DVD and send it to you.
Norm

WA-LO
06-23-2007, 08:33 AM
Scott I just looked at the pics of your Hornet resto. Im speechless you guys
do some awsome work, Thanks for the pics, I hope my Corsican is as nice when im done.::yes:

Scott Pearson
06-23-2007, 05:03 PM
John,
That Paul Herzan's Hornet. Its looking great! Still have alot to do on his boat. Mine is still a wreck....

WA-LO
06-23-2007, 06:11 PM
Mine are all in a state of disaray, I think I will have the Corsican done sometime this winter but something will probably get in the way.
Anyway great work.