PDA

View Full Version : NY Boat Show lackluster

Barry Phillips
12-29-2003, 01:18 PM
I checked out the NY Boat Show yesterday and found the Donzi booth somewhat wanting. No 40th Adversary Classic, in fact no Classics at all. Just to 2 ZFs and a 33ZX, what’s going on? My friend wants a Fountain 27 so we check out the Fountain booth. The Fever 27 at the show equipped with 496HO, had a posted top speed of 68 MPH, with a show price of 78K. The sales guy told my friend nothing could pass him in a Fountain, I hope he didn’t mean the Fever 27 on the floor. Cigarette didn’t make it this year, hum. The new Cobalt 343 is a really good looking package and ChisCraft is really getting the details right, the closed bow Corsair 25 is a thing of beauty right down to it’s custom gauges and Taylor made ss windshield. Mercury was exhibiting the 525, I want one, but I don't think anytime soon.

SO-SLO

Marlin275
12-29-2003, 05:21 PM
The New York show is the same every year,
except 20% less Donzis this and last year.
Proline has more . . .more. . .

Wow factor was no
NO Cigarettes in the building or last year
Skip next year?

Talked to a former Donzi dealer said
"they were too expensive"
16 is 50 grand?

Volvo has some great drives!
Chris-Craft has all the details right!

At least it reminds you of boating
in the dead of winter!

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
12-29-2003, 08:40 PM
Just FYI; I can tell you I know a guy who owned a 27 Fountain last season, he sold it. Great SMOOTH water boat, a beater in the rough. The bigger Fountains are a much better ride, not dogging the brand, only the size Fountain.
Hell a Proline or Donzi ZF is a MUCH better ride for that size boat.
Bryan

- DONZI will be sharp in Miami for sure.... they always are from what our club tells me.

- Cig's thrive on rep and ride, no boat show required, over rated in my book.

McGary911
12-29-2003, 08:43 PM
Yeah, that sounds like the NY show...Barry, wait for the AC show in Feb.....4X as nice, in my opinion..50k for a 16??? that doesn't sound right...there was a 22'C with a 496 mag for 48 (i think) at the AC show last year..it was a Typhoon display, so frank can probably confirm the price. I may hit the show tomorrow night, but i know what to expect....See ya in AC wink

mattyboy
12-29-2003, 09:15 PM
The show is outside of the Javitz ctr !!!! eek! wink

Matty

Barry Phillips
12-30-2003, 08:50 AM
50K for a 16 sounds very rich, I spoke to Frank at the show and he told me he had just sold a 22 C for around 48K, so I think the Classics are still somewhat affordable. Frank did say that they were expecting a 40th anniversary 22 but it was a no show. As far as I could tell Typhoon was the only dealer representing Donzi at the show, there are usually 2 or 3 dealers at the NY show. Only Outer Limits had some serious go fast boats even they were more about tacky paint jobs than serious HP. I was surprised to see so many dealers from the Lake George area, my friend is from there and he knew more people than I did. Cobalt, ChrisCraft, Fountain, Formula, even Silverton all had dealers based in Lake George. As far as pricing is concerned just about any quality boat 24 to 27 feet is 70 to a 100+k depending on power and options. My friend was surprised that my 375hp 22C was faster than the 496HO powered Fountain 27. I would think a 27' Fever would be about as exciting as a cold at 68 mph. I guess the HP500 or 525 would make it just to expensive. Even the show price on a little 20' Baja with a 5 liter Alfa set up was 28K.

SO-SLO

SO-SLO

Shanghied Again
12-30-2003, 03:12 PM
22 Classic H/O 496 47,500 deliverd. The NY boat show had two dealers one just signed up. Donzi only leased enough space for the boats shown NY. The big entry this year was the 38ZF and as far as marketing is going I hate to admit it the 33ZX with 2 496s loaded graphics included for 149,000 was a great boat show entry and with Typhoon giving a 5 year on the engines and drives we sold 4 last weekend. The 38ZF we have 2 sold and last year we had a bigger show and sold only one boat.
The Atlantic City Boat show will be Typhoon and Jackson Marine
The boats 38ZF, 38ZX, 33ZX, 28ZX, 35ZF, 29ZF, 28ZX, 22 Classic.
Typhoon will have in addition to the Donzi's
Cigarettes- 38 Top Gun, 35 Gladiator
Concepts- 36CC 30CC 27CC
This will all be in one area so this should look cool with all these Hi Performance boats together.

Barry Phillips
12-31-2003, 02:48 PM
Frank thanks for the info, Classic owners like to see Classics at the shows. What are the dates of the AC show?

SO-SLO

McGary911
12-31-2003, 03:47 PM
AC show is Feb 4-8. Here's the link with the vitals: AC Show (http://www.discoverboating.com/atlanticcity/index.asp?bhcp=1)

Update The top of that web page says 4-8, but the text of the page says February 5 - 9, 2003??? I would tend to believe the 5-9....

NoTime
01-04-2004, 08:23 PM
Shanghied Again, it was great meeting you at the NY boat show on Saturday. Thanks for the advice. Looks like the AC show will be fun to go to for seeing a new 22C.

Does anyone know what Donzi is planning for the Miami boat show in Feb?

Chuck