PDA

View Full Version : 74' V Drive on CraigsList in BC Canada, $5000

Dregsz
06-17-2007, 12:15 AM
http://vancouver.craigslist.org/boa/351814621.html

I'm assuming it's an 18' but the add doesn't say.

I had cash burning a hole in my pocket and work all week now so have no time so I bought a bayscud expresscruiser for the family today.

I emailed this guy, left my number, etc. and never heard back, albeit, only let over night go by. but the add doesn't say if there is a trailor in the deal and blha blah blah.

Good luck for one of you guys. Hope you score!

Little GTO
06-25-2007, 09:50 PM
Did you ever hear back from him? I have mailed 3 times with no reply.

I want to look at it and maybe pick it up. I am only 5 hours away from him..and in the same country. :canada:

Cheers

Paul

Lenny
06-26-2007, 01:20 AM
I believe it is an 18. There is ONE in Squamish I have heard about in the past few years but have never seen it. This would be the ONE. That place is very small, a salt water, oceanfront community.

Dregsz
06-26-2007, 01:30 AM
I never heard back but there was one guy in that area who had a Donzi I didn't get along w. He flaked out of a deal on my X18 a couple of years back and it could easily be the same guy. But I think he had a 22, w a 350 and a Volvo...

Dregsz
06-26-2007, 01:41 AM
On the other hand, Here is a 1967 16' V drive that just came up in Oregon, asking price a very reasonable $2750.
It looks original and an easy resto.

67 was a great vintage

Good Luck boys, snap it up!

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/356707078.html

Lenny
06-26-2007, 09:22 PM
On the other hand, Here is a 1967 16' V drive that just came up in Oregon, asking price a very reasonable $2750.
It looks original and an easy resto.
67 was a great vintage
Good Luck boys, snap it up!
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/356707078.html

I am all over that one already. (Quietly until now :rolleyes: ) :D

I am awaiting more pics, but he swears it is an original V-drive 16 and that the only thing ever changed is the Motor...

Since I believe there are only about 7 16 V-drives in existance, this makes it a rare boat. I have a hard time believing it is original though, and on THIS Coast... deck is rough from what I have seen so far.

Time will tell. Pics to be sent to me on Wednesday.

:)

Dregsz
06-27-2007, 02:25 AM
didn't know, sorry

Little GTO
06-27-2007, 08:43 AM
Thanks for the tip Dregz...I'll leave it for Lenny.

I'm just looking for my FIRST Donzi. I'll keep looking for the 18 in Squamish.

BTW, what makes you think it is an 18? Is it the fact that it is a V-drive?

Cheers

Paul

PS I am getting a bad feeling all of a sudden....that maybe this is a Donzi copy..I recently heard, from a local fellow I met who has a Donzi copy, that there was a company in Squamish making copies...way back when. This could be one of them and not an original. If I hear from him, how can I tell from pictures, if it's original or not. Or is that a difficult thing to do. Maybe deck structures are different??

PPS Guess I should have checked my email FIRST. I heard from him and have some pics. Lenny, can I send you a couple of pics so you can help figure out what this is? thanks