PDA

View Full Version : Morse Throttle Question

The Hedgehog
06-16-2007, 12:58 PM
We are trying to hook an old style Morse throttle up to a new Merc/Bravo package. Got two problems:

1. The throttle only moves the shift cable 2.75 inches. The required tolerance on the merc is 3" Is there a way to overcome this without doing some custom fabrication work?

2. How do you rig a neutral safety switch?

I really like old school Morse throttles and want to keep it. I know in a worst case I can get one of the new Livorsie setups.

Other than that the x-18 project is moving right along!

MOP
06-16-2007, 02:05 PM
Look at the shift converter you can change its throw, look behind the attaching point you will see it is slotted. Loosen the stud slide it closer to the main pivot to match the throw.

Phil

The Hedgehog
06-16-2007, 02:31 PM
Look at the shift converter you can change its throw, look behind the attaching point you will see it is slotted. Loosen the stud slide it closer to the main pivot to match the throw.
Phil

Got it maxed!

Pismo
06-16-2007, 02:53 PM
I love Ron Jeremy. Too funny.

MOP
06-16-2007, 03:36 PM
I am surprised I have done many over the years, not sure what may hvae changed. Can you re work the arm so the slide will have more travel?
Morse has a nice neutral safety switch kit that will mount to your control. Email Morse as there are several types for the various controls.

Phil

The Hedgehog
06-16-2007, 07:31 PM
I am surprised I have done many over the years, not sure what may hvae changed. Can you re work the arm so the slide will have more travel?
Morse has a nice neutral safety switch kit that will mount to your control. Email Morse as there are several types for the various controls.
Phil

That is great to know about the neutral safety switch. Could possibly give it more travel.

The Hedgehog
06-16-2007, 07:32 PM
I love Ron Jeremy. Too funny.

Big Ron is a funny guy. He is the man.