PDA

View Full Version : Will This Cooling system Work?

TXDONZI
06-15-2007, 02:51 PM
I am looking in to building a fresh water cooling system. I found some nice stainless steel heat exchangers use for swimming pool heaters they are made by AIC B-Line is the model. They come in many different sizes. See Attached pictures of the different components possibly used in the system for comments.

zimm17
06-15-2007, 05:41 PM
Doesn't look big enough- but I'm no expert. I did make my own system using www.oceaneastmarine.com

I got their universal econo-kool big block kit. I had the full system, but when the blower went on, I went to a half system (just the block) to keep the plumbing simple and to not put too much heat into the exchanger. It's a 5" diameter model, handles 750hp engines, and fits under the engine on the stringer.

Do a search for closed loop cooling here and you'll see my write-ups.

vonkamp
06-15-2007, 07:24 PM
If he still has it, it should work. Good price too.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48297

MOP
06-15-2007, 07:42 PM
S/S cooler have not faired very well in salt conditions they require much better galvanic protection then bronze family of metals if they were really good you would see them being sold. The bling factor would be great! The cost differential between bronze and S/S is not that great so it is not a cost issue!

Phil

P.S. I have an almost complete Merc SB setup, missing only a hose or two and a petcock. The bracket Tstat housing and what ever it is less then two months old if interested PM me.