PDA

View Full Version : No shipping breaks from Mercruiserparts.com

RickSE
06-14-2007, 04:58 PM
Holly Cow man. I was going to order four new drain washers for my Bravo at mercruiserparts.com, 0.78 cents a piece and the shipping is $19.00:shocking:. Why in the heck would I pay $19 in shipping for a $3 order? Maybe I should order 100 washers, then I'll feel better about the shipping.

Cuda
06-14-2007, 06:11 PM
Perhaps Madpoodle marine can help you out.

RickSE
06-14-2007, 09:42 PM
I PM'd Poodle a few days ago and haven't heard back yet. I need the parts by mid-next week so I gotta do something soon.

Doesn't JW have an online parts engine?

synack
06-14-2007, 10:34 PM
Most of the time you are better off just getting raped at the local marina.... prices are similar to the web prices after shipping, etc and you can usually get the part immediately.

RickSE
06-14-2007, 11:40 PM
My problem is that I have no local Merc. dealer. The old dealer converted to a motorcycle shop over a year ago and did not renew with Merc. My next closest option is 2-hours away in Phoenix; too far for a 70 cent part.

I have one more option, a non Merc. shop who sometimes has parts that work but I'd rather use the Merc. stuff.

It's OK Poodle, I figured you were out and about somewhere.

yeller
06-15-2007, 01:45 AM
Surely someone going to Powell could pick up the parts for you from a local dealer.
I had you get a complete steering system for me. Now that could be an inconvenience....and much appreciated. :yes:

Rootsy
06-15-2007, 06:48 AM
4 washers in a padded envelope, USPS first class.. gee what is that.. about a dollar fifty plus the buck for the envelope??

Cuda
06-15-2007, 07:17 AM
What's the part number? There is a Mercury dealer at a marina right here by my house. I'll go see if they have them, if they do, I'll buy them and send them to you.

LKSD
06-15-2007, 07:49 AM
I PM'd Poodle a few days ago and haven't heard back yet. I need the parts by mid-next week so I gotta do something soon.
Doesn't JW have an online parts engine?

We do, (ours is at LakesideRestorations.com )The problem with small orders for places like us & the competition is processing costs & time. Little parts orders usually @ most places are like that, you are paying more so for the convienence feature of the little order coming to you, instead of you going to the order. Now on larger orders or more costly parts when our discount matrix kicks in on higher ticket items you end up in a better position even with the shipping, plus you still have the convienence.. I hope this helps you to understand the how & why.. :) Jamie / Lakeside

LKSD
06-15-2007, 07:52 AM
Depends upon the order.. Small parts like Rick needs are certainly not cost effective to purchase online.. But, on larger orders there can be a substantial savings even after shipping.

You definitley got the right idea.. :yes: :) Jamie / Lakeside

Pismo
06-15-2007, 07:53 AM
So many online sellers make ALL of their money through their S&H fees. They are often ridiculously high like mercruiserparts.com. Overtons is a good one for high S&H as well. Amazon's only proftable division is their S&H dept.

RickSE
06-19-2007, 11:31 AM
I found some seals locally for a fair price. The old Merc dealership here in town is getting their high use parts from a dealership in Seattle to avoid the Merc. dealership costs. :bonk: They're now telling me that I can still order stuff but it'll come through the Seattle dealership.

This is an old mom & pop shop. Merc. cut them off when they added the motorcycle shop to their business telling them that they'd have to get re-certified to keep the dealership rights, so they told them to stick it. Guess they found a way around Merc's rules.