PDA

View Full Version : GPS antenna mount on a 22ZX

Donzi LG
06-12-2007, 01:00 PM
Hey guys, I'm about to replace my Gaffrig IIs with a new set of Livorsi waterproof gauges including a new GPS speedo. There isn't a lot of flat surface in the cockpit so I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions as to where to mount the puck style antenna. Has anyone witha 22ZX made the switch? The only place I can see to mount it would be down behind the cupholder. If anyone has mounting suggestions please chime in, this is my first GPS experience so I thought some of you might have some good advice on a good place to mount. Here's a picture of the helm. Thanks in advance for the help!

John

zimm17
06-12-2007, 02:06 PM
It should work just find under the deck. GPS get a signal through fiberglass just fine. Does your boat have any area where you could stick the puck from underneath? My xm antenna is under my deck and works just fine. I used the livorsi puck to cover up my FM radio antenna hole and used a wire FM antenna under the deck as well.

Donzi LG
06-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Yeah, I wondered if behind the dash under the deck would work. Thanks for the input Zimm, that may work. I'll check to see if there's mounting space.

zimm17
06-12-2007, 03:05 PM
You can hook up the speedo and turn it on- it goes though a self test and shows you if it gets a good signal or not (11 mph is searching, 0mph has a good signal) so you know before you mount it.