PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of making a change after this season.....

Last Real Texan
06-11-2007, 04:07 PM
Seriously considering the move to a high performance off shore center console…..I will most likely get shot for saying this but I think my family may be ready for the move. I have been thinking about this for some time now am know I will stay in the Donzi Family of boats but really am not sure what size I really want to go with and how old, new is not an option for me. I have been leaning mostly towards the ZF series cuddy version of the Donzi line, mainly the 32 foot model. I know I would like it to have a pair of 300 X’s in a perfect world but that just may not be an option. I grew up in Fla and am no stranger to the center console boats or there purpose. What has been any of your experience with the line I a referring to and some things to look for as well as stay away from ……I am thinking with a pair of 300X’s a 32 footer should see about 65 MPH fully loaded and that is fast enough for me in this kind of boat….maybe a 45-50 mph cruise speed? I miss the room these boats offer and the cockpit on my 27 ZX pushes it if I have more than just my family on board…..need some friends to buy there own boats in the meantime….I will keep this boat through the end of the season for sure and may just keep it in addition to the center console…..any thoughts or opinions are welcome.
Bryan

The Hedgehog
06-12-2007, 09:49 AM
I say go for it. It would make me have a faster boat than you and you could carry all of the supplies and people. We could have a great time fishing in one of those. I grew up with a center console boat and love those.

Just don't sell that ZX too cheap because I would have to buy it and don't have room.

Team Jefe
06-12-2007, 10:09 AM
Hi-perf. Cuddy CC's are the perfect boats IMHO....not that I am biased or anything.

Also, they are a great alternative to those who want more room or need to reduce the ole Insurnce Bill.

I love the 30, but bigger is always better. I'd love to step up to the 38ZFC, but more likely the 35 or 32. Ge the 35 if you can, its not that much bigger that the 32, even a few feet can make the difference....either way you can't go wrong. Finding one with Yammy's will be hard. More likely, 250 Mercs.

TheFees
06-12-2007, 01:02 PM
Oddly enough, when I bought my 18 classic only 2 seasons old, the guy I bought it from was trading it in on a center console Donzi. He didn't need the money. I offered him a 1000 more than the trade in price. Done. But when we pulled up to the marina to finalize the transaction, their was this guy in the showroom yelling, "I want that boat, I want that boat" I had a notarized bill of sale that I got with my 4 grand certified check deposit, so their was nothing they could do. They knew what I paid for it, and the sales or service manager came out to me and said, "Do you want to make 5 grand today?" and I replied, "No I want the boat" (I looked for 5 years for a classic 18, after riding in a 1972, I was dreaming of the boat, went to Annapolis boat show, and the newbie salesman geve me the name and number of the guy who was trading it in, otherwise, I never would have dreamed of a deal like this.)
Then the seller of the boat said, "Maybe someday I might buy it back from you." and I replied, "I will never sell it, I will pay it off, then buy a cabin cruiser" His eyes went red, he realized what a perfect combination that is. The cruiser to sleep on, and take out the big party of friends, and the Donzi classic 18 for the daily fun, at such a little bit of gas in comparison. (You don't always need to haul your living room around with you:wink:)
That is just my 2 cents on the subject. Center consoles are great too.

Madcow
06-12-2007, 02:35 PM
I could see myself going that way soon. I bought my 42 Sonic for all the cabin room, and we never sleep on it. As soon as someone comes out with a 40 footer with an 8' beam, I'll be there.

The Hedgehog
06-13-2007, 03:58 PM
I could see myself going that way soon. I bought my 42 Sonic for all the cabin room, and we never sleep on it. As soon as someone comes out with a 40 footer with an 8' beam, I'll be there.

I could see that as well. The tough question is what kind of cruiser does one that is coming from performance boat land? I may be moving from on the water to 30 min from the water. That poses some serious logistical issues for me on a Sat afternoon.

Cuda
06-13-2007, 05:54 PM
Is there a law aganst having both kinds in Texas? :)

RickyR
06-14-2007, 07:02 AM
I just got a 35 ZFC, and plan to put a pair of Verado's on the back. I can post some numbers once the engines are clamped on, but I'm sure the factory has test numbers too. I decided on 4 strokes for 2 reasons.. resale, and noise level. There is something to be said about twin engines screaming all day. If the 2 strokes are already on the boat, enjoy it, but if you have a choice on re-power, one trip on a boat with 4 strokes, and you will quickly change your mind.
The 35's room is incredible, and it has a nice size cuddy for an overnight trip. My opinion is that a well set up CC is a very practical boat, and is almost like a jeep.
You can do just about anything in this boat, and if your wallet is thick enough, it can run with just about any performance boat.
This is a good time to be a boat buyer too.
Ricky

Team Jefe
06-15-2007, 07:06 AM
Is there a law aganst having both kinds in Texas? :)
Laws?....In Texas?:lookaroun: