PDA

View Full Version : Anything happening around Pinellas this weekend?

florida gator
06-11-2007, 02:53 PM
I may be coming down for the weekend. I was wondering if anything is going on anywhere down that way before I decide where to stay.

florida gator
06-19-2007, 04:31 PM
Wow, did all the Donzi's in Pinellas leave town for the weekend or something? I started to develope a complex when I didn't receive a response last week but, when I went out and didn't see one single Donzi the entire weekend I felt better. Places I did not see a Donzi included but are not limited to: Gator's, Philthy Phils, Mulligans, Salt Rock, Mar Vista, Shell Island, Egmont, Naked Island, Undertow and another beach bar just north of Blind Pass.

Cuda
06-19-2007, 06:40 PM
The head Donziphile in Pinellas has the engines out of his boat. :)

Btw, how are they coming Richard?:wink:

Donzigo
06-20-2007, 01:01 AM
Joe,

The new 496 packages will come from mercury Marine on Thursday. I thought I could get away with just 2 new engines; but, when we took the gimbol housings off (20 years old) they were corroded at the bottom so badly that saving them would be throwing good money after bad. So, I took the big plunge and bought 2 complete engine/outdrive/trim pump,etc packages. It should make Big-D scream. I wonder whether I can swing a bigger wheel now. I've heard that the 496s have much more torque and can do that . I've got 21 in pitch wheels......maybe I could go to 23. Thought I would ask Throttle up.

smokediver
06-20-2007, 06:35 AM
Hey Richard , better put a nice coat of white bilgekote in there while the engines are out ... George will be happy about that ! Good luck on the swap ! I am sure you will be able to swing a bigger prop with 850 ponies now !

Cuda
06-20-2007, 06:48 AM
I'm sure you'll be able to swing a bigger prop. Go to Throttle Up, and ask them. They have a prop loaner program that you can try different props at no charge. Be sure to go there in person. Julie isn't real hard on the eyes.:wink:

Donzigo
06-20-2007, 08:57 AM
Smokediver, I thought about making it white; but, if there were a chip, it would show the red. So, I cleaned up the engine room really well, and since it's already red gel coat, it came out quite nice. I am changing the diamondplate on the sides to new.