PDA

View Full Version : Magnum Missile ** FREE TO GOOD HOME ** Tallahassee, FL

Forrest
06-11-2007, 08:15 AM
Folks, you would never guess what I found sitting on the side of the road in my neighborhood while on the way to way to work this morning. Yep, that's right, like the title says, a Magnum Missile, with a sign on it that says "Free -Just haul it away!" The deck is very rough but it's there - the bow insert is gone, no steering, no rigging. The transom looks like a rebuild was started, but needs to be redone again, but the hull looks to be near perfect. To me, the boat looks rebuildable - especially since it's a Magnum Missile. Also, the Missile is sitting on a trailer with 8" wheels that doesn't look at all roadworthy.

I can hook you up with the owner if anyone in interested. The boat has an Illinois title.

chappy
06-11-2007, 08:45 AM
:eek!::eek!::eek!::eek!:

I'm sure your phone will be ringing alot this morning.

Forrest
06-11-2007, 01:18 PM
Did I mention that it was ROUGH!

(Sorry that I didn't reduce the size of the pics, but I figured that if anyone was intrested, they would want to see all the detail of what they were getting themselves into.)

Forrest
06-11-2007, 01:23 PM
One more . . .

Trueser
06-11-2007, 02:22 PM
This has the SS Lenny all over it..

MOP
06-11-2007, 03:44 PM
EH!Where is he?

superhatz
06-11-2007, 11:28 PM
Someone save that!.........it was probably Don's personal boat.....:wink:

Seriously......someone save it.

Lenny
06-12-2007, 02:22 AM
EH!Where is he?

I am around. ;) Preparing to drive non stop to Don Tamm's in fact on Wednesday this week. :D

I have enough problems, this looks like a great big one.

gcarter
06-12-2007, 05:33 AM
Well, even though it doesn't have a trailer, it does come w/a couple of spare tires and a can of paint!!:eek!::eek!:

Cig35Mistress
07-04-2007, 06:25 PM
Did anyone take this Magnum Missile yet?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Harry

BUIZILLA
07-04-2007, 06:53 PM
it wouldn't surprise me if this wasn't one of the purpose built U or UU race boats... there is no deck throttle holes or controls so it was most likely a foot pedal throttle from the get go which ALL of that factory series were...

Forrest
08-07-2007, 10:27 AM
Did anyone take this Magnum Missile yet?
Let me know.
Thanks,
Harry

I was about ready to poof this thread until I saw your post.

I think that it may still be around. Last I heard was that the owner was hauling it to Havana . . . that's Havana, Florida, a town just north of Tallahassee. Aparently, he was having some problems with the city's code enforcement division about too much junk on his property.

I'll try to find his number and PM it to you.

Boatclinic
11-11-2007, 06:39 PM
I was about ready to poof this thread until I saw your post.
I think that it may still be around. Last I heard was that the owner was hauling it to Havana . . . that's Havana, Florida, a town just north of Tallahassee. Aparently, he was having some problems with the city's code enforcement division about too much junk on his property.
I'll try to find his number and PM it to you.

Don't need another project but, it's pretty cool, if you get a Phone # let me know, I have a place to keep it for resto later, hate to see it go to the dump
Don
Boatclinic@aol.com

Cig35Mistress
08-05-2009, 01:12 AM
Forrest, did anyone ever take this Missile? Can you find out what became of it?

Morbid curiosity I guess . . .

Harry

Forrest
08-05-2009, 10:34 AM
It's been a while since I've seen the guy that had it, and for that reason, I really don't know.