PDA

View Full Version : Thank God for Jamie...

Patti
06-09-2007, 09:19 PM
Seriously...he saved my life tonight...I choked on a piece of steak and he did the heimlich until it came out...

If not for him..I wouldn't be here to post this...

Appreciate life folks..appreciate what you have and who you have...because it can be gone in the blink of an eye...

I'm STILL shaking....

BGH18
06-09-2007, 09:39 PM
Glad everything is ok! Everyone needs to go through a Red Cross first aid training & CPR class. Never know who you will save. Hats off Jamie:yes:

Carl C
06-10-2007, 06:43 AM
Jeez, Patti, that's scary! I'm glad you're still with us! Jamie, way to go for realizing what was happening and knowing what to do. A choking person cannot talk and some people may not recognize the problem. Once I had a guy in my flea market who started acting weird, then he went catatonic and then he grabbed a tall shelving unit and started rocking it back and forth. He showed every indication of being too high on some serious drugs and my first inclination was to help him outside and let him be so as not to pile legal problems on him. Fortunately we didn't do that and called an ambulance. They knew what was up right away. They put him on a stretcher and gave him some IV sugary stuff and in 5 minutes he was fine! He was in a diabetic shock! If I'd have put him outside with good intensions he would have died!:eek!:

yeller
06-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Scary situation, for sure. Very glad to hear everything is ok. :yes: