PDA

View Full Version : 1976 24' Donzi Doral EBay 130122713446

Zelmo99
06-08-2007, 05:42 PM
I am selling my project boat on EBay. Would like to see $28,000.00. As most would know I have more than that in it. EBay listing 130122713446

chappy
06-10-2007, 07:41 PM
I thought that was a Spirit, I've got to brush up on my model recognition. Nice boat, best of luck with the sale.

Rich

joel3078
06-11-2007, 07:07 AM
I picked up some parts at MarineMax a few days ago and took a quick spin thru your driveway. I was on the black Goldwing motorcycle. Nice looking paint job! For whatever reason, boat looks a lot bigger than my 24' Black Widow. Feedback for you on what I ran into in trying to sell mine last year. We decided to keep it instead was final result. In any case, and watching other adds, here is what I found.

If it ain't a merc outdrive people seem to poopoo volvo and omc.
Custom paint jobs are love it or hate it. You shrink your buyers market when you do them and it kills any original factory look.
Any boat with 2 engines should do more than 60mph. 70-80 is more like it.
1976 is old fiberglass and buyers are worried about brittle & cracking
The spread between NADA/KBB used prices and asking price makes a bank loan hard to finance.
You recover somewere between 1/3 to 1/2 of the $$ you put into it.

Again, this is feedback I received from potential buyers and other professional boat sales guys. It only takes 1 guy to buy. Be patient and keep your fingers crossed.

Zelmo99
06-25-2007, 12:35 PM
From other Donzi owners this is a Spirit model. The cost of this build vs what people are willing to pay is quite a difference. The bank is for sure one of the issues. I had Ron Hill make me these props and the pitch is 22 vs the 25 I was looking for. I think this effects the top end. I had him originally make me 30 pitch props, the boat came out of the water great but 3700 r.p.m.'s was max on the engines. $28,000.00 in hard money & about 350 hours of labor. I guess a guy's got to build them to keep them. Any fuel donations????:)

joel3078
06-25-2007, 03:24 PM
I'm keeping my Black Widow for the same reasons. I hate to give stuff away!! The prices of older Donzi boats that have sold on Ebay is redicoulsy low. But again, so is the values in NADA and KBB. Bottom line for me is you get a hell of a cool boat for a chitload less money than a newer one. Nobody is buying gas for me either. Hell, a case of beer would be good! :yes:

You did your ebay add the right way. Buy it now price, with a hidden reserve, and a start out low auction price. This tells you what the market is willing to bear at that particular time and it give someone the opportunity to hit the buy it now button. Unfortunatly you have to pay ebay a listing fee. I kinda think of this as marketing costs.

The only other way I know to sell these boats is to take out your own adds in boattrader, i-boats, carsoup, etc. OR higher a yach broker to do it for you and pay the 10% or so commision fee. It can take years to sell a 1 of a kind boat like yours. Patience grasshopper!