PDA

View Full Version : 22 Classic 502 Procharged

2276spyder550
06-07-2007, 12:28 AM
Hey Guys

Well, this is my first post on the Donzi Registry. I am an employee of Meguiar's Auto/Marine wax. I was bitten by the Classic bug when I started with Meguiar's 11 years ago and I purchased a 18'Classic. Well, I can barely afford the boat let alone the 100s of gallons of premium it will drink at $3.75 a gallon. Next week I am flying to Oklahoma to hopefully approve the purchase of my new Donzi. The boat is a 94 with a 502 (only 22 hours) Hope this hull is in good shape. Meguiar's is good but not good enough to fix stress cracks and and gouges. I pray this is the boat of my dreams. If you guys have any questions regarding boat wax, please let me know. If you know anything about the 22 502 crate/procharger combo, please let me know. I heard it is hard to start when it is cold. Any ideas on that.

Oh yeah, what would you guys think a boat like this is worth (It rolls on a Prestige custom trailer)

Will be in touch and post pics if all goes well.

Barry Eller
06-07-2007, 09:40 AM
Hey Guys
Well, this is my first post on the Donzi Registry. The boat is a 94 with a 502 (only 22 hours) Hope this hull is in good shape. If you know anything about the 22 502 crate/procharger combo, please let me know. I heard it is hard to start when it is cold. Any ideas on that.

Welcome to the Registry.

This Procharged 502...is it EFI or Carb? Carb'd engines are harder to start cold. I don't know if a Procharged Carb set up has a choke or not. If not, it would be hard to start cold.

Last Tango
06-07-2007, 11:31 AM
Welcome to the best boat board on the net and a lot of really nice people! I have met Barry a couple times. He comes to the amelia Island Concours each year since he really is Car Crazy. And the Meguires semi with all the goodies for sale is always there.
As for what your boat is "worth", you have asked a very difficult question. Folks here need a lot more info on the condition before they can speculate on a value. Keep in mind, it is only "worth" what a willing buyer will pay. Unlike cash, it has no intrinsic value. You, being the willing buyer, need to decide if the price being considered is worth it to YOU. Your boat will require quality premium gas. How long can you stand that in California? Awesome boat for the Bay area, though.

BigGrizzly
06-07-2007, 05:49 PM
As for a procharge being hard to start. I have a carb in a box and nevers gives me any trouble. Catch22 has a 454 injected and he doesn't have trouble either. Setup is the key. Both of us have or did it right.