PDA

View Full Version : Lake Anna Virginia 8-10 June: hotboat/ Beast of the East weekend

zimm17
06-06-2007, 09:05 AM
This weekend is the Lake Anna hotboat/beast of the east weekend. Lake Anna is roughly between Washington D.C. and Richmond, VA and a little bit west. 10,000 acres of clean, fresh water. Don't worry about the reactor- we boat on the cold "intake" side, not the "glow at night after swimming" warm side.

I'll be out there the whole weekend. Lots of hot boats to check out, side by side informal drag racing, blowers, nitrous, and a top alcohol powered hydro usually shows up. And the usual partying at the marina hotels at the end of each day. Hopefully the guy with the floating beer-pong table will show up again.

The famous "Jack's place" will be the afternoon convergence area. Jack has a sweet house on a point with water on both sides and is usually the location for the drag racing.

Last year's event was covered by Hot Boat magazine and they had a several page spread.

I'll be taking it easy on my new blower since I don' t have my O2 sensor installed yet to check my A/F ratios. Will probably be rafted up most of the time.

PM me for my cell phone number if any of ya'll can make it.

There's a thread or two on hotboat.com forums for more info.

zimm17
06-07-2007, 11:39 AM
We're putting in and staying at Anna point marina: http://www.annapoint.com

Doesn't sound like anyone else is going from here :frown: