PDA

View Full Version : Early 18' Hull/Crash Part

maddad
06-03-2007, 11:18 AM
There is an 18', hull only, that on Sat.6/9, will be going to the dumps here on Long Island. It was at one time changed to a center console, then to a flat deck outboard.(thats how it sits now) The hull is in good shape except for the changes to the transom. Sharp keel says it's an older one. It would make a perfect crash part to repair a damaged boat by donating part of itself, or pulling a mold from it.
Gary will be borrowing a trailer from me on Sat. to take advantage of Oyster Bay's free dump day. Get in touch with me here and I'll do what it takes to save it.
Mike

rustnrot
06-03-2007, 04:18 PM
Sounds like a great hull to put a wood deck on....I'm too far away though....

Formula Jr
06-03-2007, 04:37 PM
wish you were not so far away.
lenny has developed a benchseat deck for the 18. This would have been perfect.

Rootsy
06-04-2007, 06:14 AM
This isn't that old triple hatch thats been rotting away forever that the owner wouldn't part with is it?

maddad
06-04-2007, 06:46 AM
Rootsy, I'm going to say no.This boat has no deck anymore. Hasn't had one for 20 yrs. or so.

Tank
06-04-2007, 02:06 PM
Hi Is the center console still there and dos it look like this from a St Tropez?
tanks
Tank.
Brian

maddad
06-04-2007, 07:49 PM
Tank, this boat was changed from a 2+3 to homemade c/c, and then to a flat deck outboard.(think superboat/challenger) It is NOT pretty to look at, but except for the cutout in the transom for the outboard well, the hull is in good condition. Everything topside would have to go, and just may, if you tow it above 65. On a positive note, the original tank vent and bilge outlet are intact. Bow eye also.