PDA

View Full Version : Desirability of a 16 Classic….

dr
05-31-2007, 09:32 AM
I am a one owner of a 1995 16 and am considering selling it to move up in size. My question is… are these boats less desirable and or valuable than in recent years. My recollection is in years past the boats sold for more than what is being currently being asked….also in viewing current ads there has been little or no activity? Now this is based on my recollection and gut feel (btw I have the gut to swing it) not on facts.
Has the market changed or am I officially entering the age where I will be telling everyone about my once being able to buy a new car for less that 2K and a loaf of bread for a quarter?
Thanks,
David

MOP
05-31-2007, 10:14 AM
In short the 16 is a great little boat! That being said their are a ton of variables, V6 "vs" V8, Fresh "vs" salt, stock "vs modified and Condition all fall into the soup. The opinons on all these things can be very strong!

At present the market is generaly weak for most all boats, but to my thinking a 16 on a quiet lake/river is a home run for a lot of people. Cheap to feed and don't take up much space but will privide a ton of enjoyment!

Phil

Rootsy
05-31-2007, 10:32 AM
everyone loves the 16 and wants one more than anything else (that mystique thing-a-ma-jig)... until they ride in an 18..... or worse yet, a 22....

cutwater
05-31-2007, 11:22 AM
….also in viewing current ads there has been little or no activity?

Hey David - I think you'll see this across the board right now, not just for the 16s. There are a bunch of beautiful and reasonably priced boats that have been on BoatTrader since last season. I guess it's just a weak (or maybe saturated?) market.

Where are you in TN?

John

Tom Davis
05-31-2007, 02:57 PM
I had a 1994 16' classic that I bought new and kept the boat until 2001 when I traded up to a 22. It was by far one of the favorite boats I ever owned. I had it on a small lake, it was a great ski and tubing boat. I had the 4.3lx package.

I had many years of enjoyment from the boat and the only reason I moved up to a 22 was that I was spending more time on lake Winni and after torpedoing the boat into a wave at 35mph during the fourth leg of the first poker run and turning it into a submarine for about 15 seconds the quote "We need a bigger Boat" took on a whole new meaning.:eek!:

Loved the 16 though, sorry about the flat market...

Tom Davis
Winni Bandits

DonziChris
06-01-2007, 08:34 PM
I just bought the 93 351 king cobra for 7250 that was in the classified section. This boat has sat for a while, and needs some TLC but I thought this was a great price.