PDA

View Full Version : Lake George DustOff - Run What Ya Brung!

Dr. Dan
05-29-2007, 05:45 PM
:cool!:Well I thought in the Spirit of "Smack Talk", Back Talk, Bench Racing and the like, that I would start the Thread to disclose who is coming..and what ya running!:spongebob:

Todd we know you're bringing your Rooster Tail..so you don't have to respond ...but ya can if ya wanna feel like part of the "To Be Spanked - Crowd"... unless you dump the $57,000 that the 625 Illmor Valve Job will cost you sometime in the next 2 weeks?:wavey: Cuz we all know you talked about it first even though someone else will likely actually do it first...you can have all the credit... it's ok...I have a signed a waiver!

Doc is currently coming Solo... and will likely run Solo (on the run)!
Bringing the completely stock :smash:Blue Venom Project Boat with the Defective King Cobra Drive,
Bottom Paint Speedcoat - Genrously Provided by Blanchard Machinery. It's a 14 year old boat and it's completely harmless it sports the South Beach Miami Teal Stripe and Boot Strap waterline...

Oh its a 22 Classic!:beer:
Healthy 502 EFI
Permanent Boat House Resident of the Capri Village
Baseball Cap provided by me & maintained by Krazy Glue

Doc - Taunter of Small Farm Animals & Liberals :wink:

catch 22
05-29-2007, 06:19 PM
LMAO Now I know where Todd gets it from. :wink:

undertaker
05-29-2007, 06:28 PM
:cool!:Well I thought in the Spirit of "Smack Talk", Back Talk, Bench Racing and the like, that I would start the Thread to disclose who is coming..and what ya running!:spongebob:
Todd we know you're bringing your Rooster Tail..so you don't have to respond ...but ya can if ya wanna feel like part of the "To Be Spanked - Crowd"... unless you dump the $57,000 that the 625 Illmor Valve Job will cost you sometime in the next 2 weeks?:wavey: Cuz we all know you talked about it first even though someone else will likely actually do it first...you can have all the credit... it's ok...Ted signed a waiver!
Bringing the completely stock :smash:Blue Venom Project Boat with the Defective King Cobra Drive,
Bottom Paint Speedcoat - Genrously Provided by Blanchard Machinery. It's a 14 year old boat and it's completely harmless it sports the South Beach Miami Teal Stripe and Boot Strap waterline...
Healthy 502 EFI

Doc you are one crazy mofo.....:propeller::propeller: thats some funny sh.. right there:yes::yes::yes::yes:

Undertaker:pimp:

BigGrizzly
05-29-2007, 07:02 PM
I will be there with my Criterion with a hair dryer powered 502, and some props for testing and/or buying. The boat isn't the fastest, nor the prettiest, but it is mine.

roadtrip se
05-29-2007, 09:10 PM
Quiet, I am trying to finish up this correspondence course entiltled, "How to drive a performance boat AND talk trash on the docks in six easy installments." I must be on top of my game for LG. Afterall, I certainly did not get the job done at AOTH. All I saw was Catch's spray co-mingled with Byron's av gas fumes that created some sort of funky acid rain that I am still trying to get off of my sunglasses..

The makeover is complete. I WAS down a little on power, but after a tweak here and there, she is ready for another run. No Ilmor valve job or charger this year, so 80 is all she will have. The rooster will be availalble for deployment at the most opportune times, for instance when a certain teal boats finds himself in my wake yet again. Why is Doc's boat always so clean? He eats prop wash all day...

So here it is after a new cap and rotor, wires, plugs, impellor and housing, gas filter, trim sender, bellows and shift cable protector, drive pull and alignment check, gimbal bearing lube, ECM check, leakdown and subsequent rocker arm adjustment, and complete fluid change, ready to go. Same old valve springs on a different day.

Reporting in. One tired 2001 Classic 22 with a worn out 500EFI looking for a little fun, solo, so my docking skills had best improve dam quick like. And NO Poodle, you will not be borrowing my fastest prop at LG, maybe after, but not during I assure you.

BERTRAM BOY
05-30-2007, 07:23 AM
Todd,
Is it a coincidence that your correspondence course is exactly half of a 12 step program? Hmmmmmm.......

glashole
05-30-2007, 07:27 AM
I will be running a little heavy at this event because apparently I will be the only one who is going to have a co-pilot for the last leg of the poker run......

my friend Shawn that is coming with me I know would really appreciate a good picture of the two of us in the boat while it was running, so.......

I guess what I am asking for is a favour

would either of you mind taking our camera to get a good picture of my rooster tail as we split in between the two if you as we are leaving the card stops?

It would be even better if we could just do it at every stop and just hand around the camera so we get all sorts of angles :smash:

we would be more than willing to return the favour by taking your cameras or videos and run ahead so you guys have a good look at what your boats look like racing for second...............:)

Shea

22 classic carburated 502

Dr. Dan
05-30-2007, 07:54 AM
I will be running a little heavy at this event because apparently I will be the only one who is going to have a co-pilot for the last leg of the poker run......
my friend Shawn that is coming with me I know would really appreciate a good picture of the two of us in the boat while it was running, so.......
I guess what I am asking for is a favour
would either of you mind taking our camera to get a good picture of my rooster tail as we split in between the two if you as we are leaving the card stops?
It would be even better if we could just do it at every stop and just hand around the camera so we get all sorts of angles :smash:
we would be more than willing to return the favour by taking your cameras or videos and run ahead so you guys have a good look at what your boats look like racing for second...............:)
Shea
22 classic carburated 502

:wink:Shea... No problem on the Pics... there are lots of opportunities to get running shots of you... I will have my Camera as will alot of the Donzi Crew.... so I would not worry about it! There will be plenty of documentation of all the Smack! As you know Todd is really skilled at shooting shots of the Transoms as they blow passed him! After all he has alot of experience, unless he himself is playing Ambush Boy ... in which case.... well... you're on your own!

Doc of Antagonistic Prognostication! :spongebob:

Rootsy
05-30-2007, 08:10 AM
All you 22 owners, you just better remember to follow your mother... show your elder some respect and stay in line... no matter what you have under the hatch... :boat:

Sweet little 16
05-30-2007, 09:10 AM
wow alot of chest pounding going on here , in light of my recent health problems don't think I can take the beating trying to keep up with the big boys so I am out
:(

BUIZILLA
05-30-2007, 09:19 AM
don't feel bad sweet, I now have a 7 cylinder Criterion, but i'm bringing it anyways... :bonk::boggled: we can paddle around the lake together...

Rootsy
05-30-2007, 09:26 AM
I hear there are going to be 5 criterions at the dustoff this year... :yes:

roadtrip se
05-30-2007, 10:30 AM
QUOTE=BERTRAM BOY;412882]Todd,
Is it a coincidence that your correspondence course is exactly half of a 12 step program? Hmmmmmm.......[/QUOTE]

and Gosh darn it, people like me. Signing up for the Stuart Smalley twelve step program as we speak, like it will do any good. "Hello Todd...."

Don't feel bad Buiz, I ran one cylinder light at AOTH for the entire rally. Seven cylinders was better than the five I started out with... Fricking plug wires kept popping off.

SMACK TALK DISCLAIMER: I grew up hanging around a small car dealership in NW Ohio. One of the ways that the salespeople showed respect for each other was by smack talk. If you weren't catching smack, you weren't respected. I have been sharing smack with my friends ever since. All of this exchange is just smack to build a little more awareness for the LG Rally, which I am truely excited about attending for the first time.
I personally will not be drinking, I will have a tether on, and I will be wearing a high performance life vest while I am in the boat. Safety and performance go hand in hand. At the docks, all bets are off. Fortunately for most others, my "evil twin" aka Dr. Dan who has a boat very similar in set-up to mine, will receive most of the shrapnel, unless of course there is a more deserving target that presents itself like Dwight. For those of you who take this seriously or literally, I sincerely apologize, because some of us here are truly not serious or well grounded with our statements or our perception of reality whichever the case may be...

Now, back to our regularily scheduled programming...

ChromeGorilla
05-30-2007, 10:33 AM
Well.... I'll let the "mid-life crisis crowd" talk smack....... :eek!: :D

Me.... bringing a 22C with a tired ol 496. Nuttin special.

Crew on Saturday includes my dad and my sister. Michelle couldn't make it. :( Crew on Sunday wil be mom, step dad and brother.

Full boat of family fun. No hot doggin :boggled::wink:

See you guys there.

ITTLFLI
05-30-2007, 10:43 AM
Good stuff!! I'm Jealous!!

roadtrip se
05-30-2007, 10:49 AM
Well.... I'll let the "mid-life crisis crowd" talk smack....... :eek!: :D
Me.... bringing a 22C with a tired ol 496. Nuttin special.

Aren't you one of those guys that claims to own a 78mph 496HO 22 in previous posts right here on the ole Reg? Shall I do a search on "lightening fast stock 22 Classics with pictures posted showing astronomical hand held GPS readings?"

As for the absistence from smack, I am totally confused. See above.
Is this an imposter posting? Please bring back the old Chrome.

Mid-life crisis? My crisis has been going on since I was a teenager!

roadtrip se
05-30-2007, 10:57 AM
Good stuff!! I'm Jealous!!

load up the guns and let's show these yankees some good old fashioned Midwest-based horsepower friend!

ROADTRIP!

BUIZILLA
05-30-2007, 10:57 AM
Buiz, I ran one cylinder light at AOTH for the entire rally. Seven cylinders was better than the five I started out with... Fricking plug wires kept popping off. my problem is in the little whirly thing that feeds the wires... boat is already packed and cover wrapped tight, so I threw the parts in the coach basement, i'll fix it / or f*ck it up when I get there.... :crossfing:

:cool!:

Donzi Di
05-30-2007, 11:38 AM

Shea - you won't be the only one with company. Cliff is "stuck" with both the wife and the girlfriend. Poor Guy - he will just have to suffer.

BUIZILLA
05-30-2007, 12:05 PM
Cliff is "stuck" with both the wife and the girlfriend. Poor Guy - he will just have to suffer. that's my boy... :cool:

glashole
05-30-2007, 12:07 PM
you say he is going to suffer by bringing both his wife and his girlfriend??? :)

BERTRAM BOY
05-30-2007, 12:47 PM
Of course, The girlfriend is younger than the wife.......

I'll most likely be sleeping outside tonight.

Sweet little 16
05-30-2007, 03:04 PM
sorry if my post was taken the wrong way it was an attempt at humor
I know it is "dock racing and the preverbial marking of territory so to speak ;)
and it always seems more 50 mph stock 18's and 16 make the circuit faster than the 22 with the whirly things and the blower things
but still the health might have to keep me away but there still is a chance alot can happen in 2 weeks

Dr. Dan
05-30-2007, 05:44 PM
:spongebob: Holy Frozen Weenies Bat Man? Just for the record... the fastest Donzi I know of was and is an X-18... so to think that the loud mouthed idiots spouting off on this thread are of some unique league because they happen to have 22 Classics... and of course I am one! Well the fact is there are plenty of 75 + mph 16's, 18's and 22's....

So relax... the run will be formatted as Scott disclosed... even the Big Dogs will behave...up 'til the last leg! The fact is the Weekend is Long... the Run is about 3 hours of Fun & Games! So don't be intimidated by my comments or Todds or Poodles... fact is Todd is correct!

The quickest way to Rally Group Participation is to generate self propelling enthusiasm for an Event! As a common Cheerleader for pretty much any Event I ever attend...and one of the Strongest Supporters of as many Events as I can Creatively Help! I feel I have some creative "Free License" to piss off Todd at will! If I want to! Truth is Todd and I are close friends and talk several times a month! So its a game we enjoy!

Todd, Myself or pretty much any one I associate with ...would forfeit the Event to help another Donzi, Tow another Donzi... or go back and make sure the smaller boats are OK? I do it all of the time! And that's the Cool Thing!

I have a deep overall affliction I share with all of you! Most of you I have met... those I see regularly...have become good friends with... some are closer to me than my own Family...and I would and have done anything for them!

:beer:And I guess thats why I always loved Lake George...it is where I started my attendence of Donzi Events! From there I would come to travel over 15,000 miles on an annual basis for the next 5 years...just to go to Rallies...to see all of you...to run with you...to learn from you! Ya know...there are alot of pretty rides we will all see in a few weeks...some shinier than others, some louder, some faster than a scalded dog! :cool!:

But all of them, each size, each color and each Crew...are Classics! We are the Donzi World.... we keep the life blood pumping in the modifications, the Whipples, the ProChargers, the Blackhawks..the Shorties... oh and the Props, "we (Donzi Owners)take the Friggin Envelope and rip that sucker so far open...it's gonna need stitches to go back to stock! ":smash:

It happened to me...and as far as a Mid Life Crisis... Dude of Chrome! You have not even come close to seeing a Mid Life Crisis! That's a long ways off...but I can assure you when it hits... it will be unmistakeable! TRUST ME!

So enjoy the Lake, enjoy the many personalities...most of us are harmless...the rest are just Drunk!

Prepare thy Steed...for tomorrow we ride!

Doc of the Donzi Renaissance :bonk:

ChromeGorilla
05-30-2007, 05:48 PM
Aren't you one of those guys that claims to own a 78mph 496HO 22 in previous posts right here on the ole Reg? Shall I do a search on "lightening fast stock 22 Classics with pictures posted showing astronomical hand held GPS readings?"
As for the absistence from smack, I am totally confused. See above.
Is this an imposter posting? Please bring back the old Chrome.
Mid-life crisis? My crisis has been going on since I was a teenager!
:D :D :D Just being a lil facetious......:wink:
Just wait to you see my new GPS numbers...... I take on the Sikorsky sunday morning....

BUIZILLA
05-30-2007, 05:52 PM
thank God I only have 7 cylinders

need for speed
05-30-2007, 08:06 PM
Can't wait maybe Chrome will show me how to get a 496 HO in the up side of 75... mine must be a monday boat or somthing

Tom Davis
05-31-2007, 08:27 AM
No trash talk, no boasting of incredible GPS numbers, just a nice blue 2001 22 Classic, with a bone stock (honest) 496MHO. I'll be the one without the Yankees emblem on the back of my boat!

A few mechanical gremlins still being chased down, but I'll tell you one thing, it will be very well waxed and clean!

We are looking forward to attending the best of the Donzi "running the boat" rallys of the season. I love the long stretches of uninterrupted water running down the length of Lake George. This is by far my favorite event of the season for running hard at Close to WOT all day, Winni is just too rough water for that.

Looking forward to seeing all of my old friends and making new ones along the way, can't wait to be there, only 13 days left.

Tom Davis & Kim Riley
Winni Bandits

glashole
05-31-2007, 08:38 AM
We are looking forward to attending the best of the Donzi "running the boat" rallys of the season. I love the long stretches of uninterrupted water running down the length of Lake George. This is by far my favorite event of the season for running hard at Close to WOT all day, Winni is just too rough water for that.
Looking forward to seeing all of my old friends and making new ones along the way, can't wait to be there, only 13 days left.

not me

I'm just coming to spank some of the people mentioned earlier in this thread and then go home :smash:

and maybe have a couple of beers afterwards...............

BUIZILLA
05-31-2007, 08:50 AM
I'll be the one with the little Shihtzu in a vest paddling across the lake from stop to stop...

roadtrip se
05-31-2007, 09:18 AM
I'll be the one with the little Shihtzu in a vest paddling across the lake from stop to stop...

I would make you out to be more of a Maltese man...

Actually, while we are on the dog analogies, I may look like a junk yard mutt, but when I snarl, there are no teeth to back it up.

Then we have all of these "stock" 496 HO guys nipping at our heals like Yorkies at the mail box.

Finally, we have the Canadian sled dog who just wants to come down, have a good time, and get to know everybody; but he jumps up in your face with beer breath all of the time. I also hear he is very "nocturnal" from those who were close to him at AOTH. Those sled dogs have stamina and can run for miles...

Trueser
05-31-2007, 10:43 AM
just make sure you hold his truck keys......

BUIZILLA
05-31-2007, 02:19 PM
easy there Kodiak Kamper, i'm talking about MY dog.... besides, don't you have some 2 ply to return ?? :cool:

Scott Pearson
05-31-2007, 05:05 PM
I will be bringing my 1967 Bench Seat Hornet "The Ultimate" I have a few odds and ends to finish this weekend but nothing major. Tested it last weekend off Barneget Bay. BB Chevy, 10:71 Blower Shop Blower w/Hilborn Electronic injection. All of it tied into an Arnson Drive. The best I could get out of it was 94 MPH on the GPS. This should be interesting.....

Sweet little 16
05-31-2007, 05:42 PM
[QUOTE=Scott Pearson;413062]I will be bringing my 1967 Bench Seat Hornet "The Ultimate" I have a few odds and ends to finish this weekend but nothing major. Tested it last weekend off Barneget Bay. BB Chevy, 10:71 Blower Shop Blower w/Hilborn Electronic injection. All of it tied into an Arnson Drive. The best I could get out of it was 94 MPH on the GPS. This should be interesting.....[/QUOTE

:eek!::eek!::propeller::eek!:

BUIZILLA
05-31-2007, 06:05 PM
I think Todd just dropped his drink.... :)

roadtrip se
05-31-2007, 08:25 PM
a bit stronger.

Whole new meaning to run what you brung....

Cuda
06-01-2007, 07:46 AM
I personally will not be drinking, I will have a tether on, and I will be wearing a high performance life vest while I am in the boat. ...

I'd be safer wearing the high performance vest at the bar. Ask Catch 22. He has personally witnessed a Cuda Full Tilt Swerve.:)

Cuda
06-01-2007, 05:46 PM
I've seen the video :eek: :eek:
Red's truck wouldn't hold still. Gina and I were trying to keep it in place. :wink:

catch 22
06-01-2007, 06:11 PM
Thank GOD it was a CHEVY. :yes:

DonCig
06-01-2007, 11:00 PM
:spongebob: Holy Frozen Weenies Bat Man? Just for the record... the fastest Donzi I know of was and is an X-18... so to think that the loud mouthed idiots spouting off on this thread are of some unique league because they happen to have 22 Classics... and of course I am one! Well the fact is there are plenty of 75 + mph 16's, 18's and 22's....
So relax... the run will be formatted as Scott disclosed... even the Big Dogs will behave...up 'til the last leg! The fact is the Weekend is Long... the Run is about 3 hours of Fun & Games! So don't be intimidated by my comments or Todds or Poodles... fact is Todd is correct!
The quickest way to Rally Group Participation is to generate self propelling enthusiasm for an Event! As a common Cheerleader for pretty much any Event I ever attend...and one of the Strongest Supporters of as many Events as I can Creatively Help! I feel I have some creative "Free License" to piss off Todd at will! If I want to! Truth is Todd and I are close friends and talk several times a month! So its a game we enjoy!
Todd, Myself or pretty much any one I associate with ...would forfeit the Event to help another Donzi, Tow another Donzi... or go back and make sure the smaller boats are OK? I do it all of the time! And that's the Cool Thing!
I have a deep overall affliction I share with all of you! Most of you I have met... those I see regularly...have become good friends with... some are closer to me than my own Family...and I would and have done anything for them!
:beer:And I guess thats why I always loved Lake George...it is where I started my attendence of Donzi Events! From there I would come to travel over 15,000 miles on an annual basis for the next 5 years...just to go to Rallies...to see all of you...to run with you...to learn from you! Ya know...there are alot of pretty rides we will all see in a few weeks...some shinier than others, some louder, some faster than a scalded dog! :cool!:
But all of them, each size, each color and each Crew...are Classics! We are the Donzi World.... we keep the life blood pumping in the modifications, the Whipples, the ProChargers, the Blackhawks..the Shorties... oh and the Props, "we (Donzi Owners)take the Friggin Envelope and rip that sucker so far open...it's gonna need stitches to go back to stock! ":smash:
It happened to me...and as far as a Mid Life Crisis... Dude of Chrome! You have not even come close to seeing a Mid Life Crisis! That's a long ways off...but I can assure you when it hits... it will be unmistakeable! TRUST ME!
So enjoy the Lake, enjoy the many personalities...most of us are harmless...the rest are just Drunk!
Prepare thy Steed...for tomorrow we ride!
Doc of the Donzi Renaissance :bonk:

Very well spoken for a young whipper snapper.

slamdry
06-02-2007, 01:10 PM
well im gonna try and make it sunday with my lil pea shooter, thats if its back togeather, right now shes in a few pieces.

slapshot11
06-02-2007, 09:27 PM
I'll be there with my 1999 22' Classic, white with black stripe, stock 502 (except for the new ss exhaust). I hope I can keep up with somebody. I'll have my 2 navigators from last year. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

slamdry
06-03-2007, 09:35 AM
Come on up regardless and join the fun.. There's ALWAYS a seat available :) :)

yeah i will be up either way, i should have it back togeather i just have to get a few more hoses and then i can re asemble her. We had a minor cooling issue last weekend :wink:

Dr. Dan
06-04-2007, 12:21 PM
I'll be there with my 1999 22' Classic, white with black stripe, stock 502 (except for the new ss exhaust). I hope I can keep up with somebody. I'll have my 2 navigators from last year. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Slap- You will be able to keep up! We're all following the different Style Donzi's for all of the 1st four Legs of the Run... so no worries!

Looking forward to seeing you!

Doc Wash Boy for 5th Leg? :wink:

roadtrip se
06-04-2007, 12:58 PM
just arrived at my doorstep...

1) Talk trash that you can't backup at multiple Donzi events. Been there, done that at AOTH 7. Next up Lake George.

2) Admit that a repeatable 80mph, not river running, keeps you within range of seeing the afterspray of the latest rally leaders. Fourth wasn't bad at AOTH 7, because 5th was a BHLE run by Gero the terror.

3) Search for the true meaning of what "stock" really means. For example, Doc runs a "stock" re-built 500EFI, Chrome runs a "stock" 496HO with maybe just a few exhaust mods. I am "stock" really and that is the truth for now.

4) Install hydraulic steering and preferably something that hasn't been designed, engineered, and constructed by the lowest bidder. Done.

5) Buy performance lifevests for all passengers. I need two more. You won't ride in my boat without one.

6) Use your emergency engine kill tethers. Always.

7) Buy really cool Alantic Coast Donzi "hardware" sportswear and coolers, so you look good up front. Done.

8) Beer and booze should be reserved for the bargain booze cruise hosted by Capatain Ahab charters. On the docks? Have at it. Standard procedure.

9) No matter what you run, somebody will come out of no where and smoke your ***! Case and point, a certain 500 whippled SE that I hope to see at Lake George. Chances are that you will not see this guy every day. If you do, give up and find another lake. Working on it.

10) Carbed guys have more performance tricks up their sleeves. EFI guys live longer. I am an EFI guy.

11) If you aren't going to run what you brung, don't brung what don't run.
Small issues at the dock and ramp, we'll get you on the water. Otherwise, leave it home. Dangerously close to violating this one many times.

12) B.O.A.T. Old saying about breaking out another thousand. If it is a SPEED BOAT, then expect to spend money like you were on drugs, the faster you want to go. Very guilty.

So there you have it, Lake George should be a hoot.

undertaker
06-04-2007, 01:37 PM
Very well said....:):)

bob haver
06-04-2007, 03:49 PM
Todd we know you're bringing your Rooster Tail..so you don't have to respond ...but ya can if ya wanna feel like part of the "To Be Spanked - Crowd"... unless you dump the $57,000 that the 625 Illmor Valve Job will cost you sometime in the next 2 weeks?:wavey: Cuz we all know you talked about it first even though someone else will likely actually do it first...you can have all the credit... it's ok...I have a signed a waiver!
Healthy 502 EFI
hey doc i will be running solo also maybe pick up an mile an hour but maybe have a couple of freinds on sunday.this looks to be really big meet hope their is enough room at algonquins docks.i haven't even had my out yet this weekend looks like a goodone to strech her out before L&G meet. bye the way the firemans convention is the same weekend i know this because a couple of guys that i know will be there also that same weekend they better stock up if you know what i mean can't wait 11days and counting:yes:

Air 22
06-04-2007, 09:12 PM
:yes:
QUOTE=BERTRAM BOY;412882]Todd,
Is it a coincidence that your correspondence course is exactly half of a 12 step program? Hmmmmmm.......
and Gosh darn it, people like me. Signing up for the Stuart Smalley twelve step program as we speak, like it will do any good. "Hello Todd...."
Don't feel bad Buiz, I ran one cylinder light at AOTH for the entire rally. Seven cylinders was better than the five I started out with... Fricking plug wires kept popping off.
SMACK TALK DISCLAIMER: I grew up hanging around a small car dealership in NW Ohio. One of the ways that the salespeople showed respect for each other was by smack talk. If you weren't catching smack, you weren't respected. I have been sharing smack with my friends ever since. All of this exchange is just smack to build a little more awareness for the LG Rally, which I am truely excited about attending for the first time.
I personally will not be drinking, I will have a tether on, and I will be wearing a high performance life vest while I am in the boat. Safety and performance go hand in hand. At the docks, all bets are off. Fortunately for most others, my "evil twin" aka Dr. Dan who has a boat very similar in set-up to mine, will receive most of the shrapnel, unless of course there is a more deserving target that presents itself like Dwight. For those of you who take this seriously or literally, I sincerely apologize, because some of us here are truly not serious or well grounded with our statements or our perception of reality whichever the case may be...
Now, back to our regularily scheduled programming...[/QUOTE]
Hey Todd...:fire: I hope your "stock" HP500 Lil Red Rooster Tail between its Hairy Legs ....is ALL Tuned up??? No excuses when my "STOCK 502" Mach .92 Z-06 Like 22 passes you...:yes::beer::eek!:all be it going the opposite direction...:bonk::p Please take note at my repower below and re-think your options and just stay at the "DOC":yes::wink:

Jim...Spoke to the Stable up the road today ...they will lend u some "HP" so no worries on the "Lucky 7" your crank'n.......Say.. how's that New Miamuh Durrrrrrrramax Diesel Dog tow'n anyway??

Man this is gonna be one for the books:yes:...Scott P....we need to bring back the 12,000HP Start for this year's event!!!!!!:yes::yes: fyi those who are going:lookaroun::boggled: On KEY...All boats fire-up at the same time at the docks on Saturday...Just like the beginning of a NASCAR Race.:yes:....."Booggitty Booggity":wink::outtahere::beer:

ChromeGorilla
06-04-2007, 11:12 PM
Scott P....we need to bring back the 12,000HP Start for this year's event!!!!!!:yes::yes: fyi those who are going:lookaroun::boggled: On KEY...All boats fire-up at the same time at the docks on Saturday...Just like the beginning of a NASCAR Race.:yes:....."Booggitty Booggity":wink::outtahere::beer:

I second that motion.:yes: It would so not suck!
I know mine will start the first time..... how about the rest of you guys??? :D

bob haver
06-05-2007, 05:11 AM
I'll be there with my 1999 22' Classic, white with black stripe, stock 502 (except for the new ss exhaust). I hope I can keep up with somebody. I'll have my 2 navigators from last year. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.don't worry slap that 22 of yours we keep to anyone.i might take a run this sunday on LG just to feel it out i don't know if still have your boat on that other body of water but if you want to run pm me and i will give my new numbers:wink:

Dr. Dan
06-05-2007, 05:38 AM
:spongebob:
hey doc i will be running solo also maybe pick up an mile an hour but maybe have a couple of freinds on sunday.this looks to be really big meet hope their is enough room at algonquins docks.i haven't even had my out yet this weekend looks like a goodone to strech her out before L&G meet. bye the way the firemans convention is the same weekend i know this because a couple of guys that i know will be there also that same weekend they better stock up if you know what i mean can't wait 11days and counting:yes:

Hey Bob,

I have only run mine once on a Pre Season Shake down run...so Lake George is going to be the 1st real running. I will do some Lake running on the days we are there before hand... I will be coming in Wednesday mid day. I am in a Black Z71 Burban at Capri Village, I am in the corner unit usually on the right ...just behind the Ice Machine...:wavey:

Dwight, Todd, Charles & Chrome and a few other early arrivals will be scoping out the Lake and looking for the steepest hills so we can run faster "down hill " of course.

The detailing is commencing.... no money for Gel Repairs this year... so I am gonna have to make do with some extra shine to cover up the Battle Scars!

Leaving in a week... Dogman and Buick Breath have long since headed North! Oh man...this is gonna be the Biggest DustOff ever... who wants to sit home and get Plaid Ties and Sort their Sock Drawer-for Fathers Day? Get your sorry butts to LG, camp on Pearsons porch...or Matty's he has better food!

Gonna bring the Plastic-we be burning some serious petro in a week or so!

Doc - Anticipatory Participant of the Juvenille Donzi Owners Club of Mine's Faster than Yours!!!:beer:

slapshot11
06-05-2007, 05:54 AM
Bob,
My boat will be on Sacandaga this weekend and then home for the trip to LG on Friday morning. Weather looks good so far. See you next Friday.
Norm

slamdry
06-05-2007, 06:10 AM

i will third that, and i think im starting to feel a lil ill, so maybe i will be there sat instead of working :yes:

Cuda
06-05-2007, 07:29 AM
10) Carbed guys have more performance tricks up their sleeves. EFI guys live longer. I am an EFI guy.
Not sure if I agree with this one. Get back with me in 25 years, and if your's is still running with the stock engine without a rebuild, I might agree.

Air 22
06-05-2007, 07:38 AM

Well.. by the sounds of it... maybe it.. should be a 20,000HP Start:eek!: Lots of boyz with there Big Toyz descending on LG...:wink: oooooh I can just hear that BARK of all the Rumblin Grumblin V-8.'s..:yes::yes::biggrin::beer:

and Chrome..I'm w yaz...I just "Breath" on the key and she "Barks":yes::yes:

ChromeGorilla
06-05-2007, 10:25 AM
and Chrome..I'm w yaz...I just "Breath" on the key and she "Barks":yes::yes:

LOL :yes: :D

Rootsy
06-05-2007, 11:33 AM
just arrived at my doorstep...

4) Install hydraulic steering and preferably something that hasn't been designed, engineered, and constructed by the lowest bidder. Done.

my "Lowest bidder" hydraulic steering on the 16 seemed to work just as designed there ole pal... Some day the "lowest bidder" will make another set and it'll work just peachy on the "Mistress" too... :D

BERTRAM BOY
06-05-2007, 11:43 AM
my "Lowest bidder" hydraulic steering on the 16 seemed to work just as designed there ole pal... Some day the "lowest bidder" will make another set and it'll work just peachy on the "Mistress" too... :D

We're a bit cranky today. I think "someone" isn't getting enough sleep.....

roadtrip se
06-05-2007, 04:59 PM
We're a bit cranky today. I think "someone" isn't getting enough sleep.....

We haven't seen him at a rally for a loooonnnngggg ttttiiiiimmmmeeee.

C'mon out Roots, it will give you the lift you need to keep working on the project. Everybody needs a break and a little inspiration sometime.

You can ride with me and my over-priced steering system.

BUIZILLA
06-05-2007, 05:36 PM
Fuzzy and I are in LG now, got here a couple hours ago.... interesting trip... raining like hell, but damm I luv this place.... time to unload the Harley's and RIDE baby....

JH :yes:

Dr. Dan
06-05-2007, 06:04 PM
:wink:
Fuzzy and I are in LG now, got here a couple hours ago.... interesting trip... raining like hell, but damm I luv this place.... time to unload the Harley's and RIDE baby....
JH :yes:

Jim still plenty of time to cover your Tracks and Hide before Dwight gets North of the Mason Dixon Line! Good Luck ...and stay low....

Doc of Incoherent Ponderings & Scuttle Butt!:cool!:

Remember McGowans is the place for Eggs Benedict! Right across the way from the "Pot Belly Deli".... another good place to try is literally at the top of the Hill in Boltan Landing ...just above Performance Marine.. I think its like Freds or something.... course for the best Italian in town...just up from Freds is Cates! Good Wine and great Toilet Paper...!

FASTEDDIE
06-05-2007, 07:41 PM
OK Gang if your headed to Lake George let me give you a few good tips
Best Breakfast Lonebull Restaurant Route 9N 3 Miles north of the L.G.village
Best Pizza Cates Italian Garden Bolton Landing
Best View Algonguin Restaurant Bar
Best Ribs Smokey Joes LG Village across from Fort William Henry Motel
Best Burgers Lakeside Lodge and Grill Bolton Landing
Cheapest gas Buy at Exit 19 I-87 (Queensbury Exit) Sunoco or Hess
Must See Sagamore Hotel BoltonLanding Open to the public
go downstairs to Mr.Brown's Pub -2 Million upgrade
Things to Remember
New York State Troopers use radar on I-87 and over 75mph your dead
Best hiding spots-- Mile marker 37.1 Northbound left side
-Between Exit 20 and 19 southbound Blind pullout
Bring rain gear for the run,towels,plastic bag to keep your cards dry
tool box for last minute adjustments
Camera for the most beautiful scenery in the world
And if its your first time at Lake George,see me at the cocktail party for a lake map.Have a safe trip and cross those safety chains.

Dr. Dan
06-05-2007, 11:04 PM
Who's tha asshole that turned on the frikkin freezer around here???
I'll be the guy in the camper with the heater on...

Do you need me to bring you a Fleece? I still have a few 2 XL's? I think they are Red? I have new 1/4 Zip ones coming for Lake Winnie!

Doc...of Insulated Donzi Wear :wink:

ChromeGorilla
06-06-2007, 12:03 AM
Do you need me to bring you a Fleece? I still have a few 2 XL's? I think they are Red? I have new 1/4 Zip ones coming for Lake Winnie!
Doc...of Insulated Donzi Wear :wink:

I swear the dude could sell ice to an eskimo. :yes::wink:

roadtrip se
06-06-2007, 06:32 AM
79 or below for some folks from southern parts..

Cuda
06-06-2007, 07:30 AM
Who's tha asshole that turned on the frikkin freezer around here???
I'll be the guy in the camper with the heater on...
Now you remember why you live in Florida. :)

Btw, I hate cold weather too. RT has is about right, 79 and below is freezing.
It was 92 here yesterday.

Kirbyvv
06-06-2007, 08:44 AM
Guess we should have warned you guys...June temps can range from 40 to 99. Just go for a swim in the Lake, 52 degrees feels warm when the air temp is 44.

Kirbyvv
06-06-2007, 09:22 AM
Not trying to be anal here, but I've spent my entire life on Lake George and seen the water quality deteriorate. Many still use the water for drinking without any filtration. The Lake organizations are trying to educate boaters on the risks of bringing invasive species from other water bodies (especially zebra muscles and milfoil). So please wash and flush your boats before you arrive. I know we are donzi owners and anal about cleaning anyway but figured I'd ask.
Thanx

Lake George Park Commission Decontamination Procedures

Inspect - Thoroughly inspect your boat’s hull, drive unit, trim plates, trimming plates, prop guards, transducers, anchor and anchor rope and trailer. Scrape off and trash any organisms, however small found. Remove all water weeds hanging from boat or trailer. Inspection and removal of marine growth is required and appreciated to protect the lake’s environment.

Drain - Drain all bilge water, live wells. Bait buckets and any other water from your boat and equipment upland. Trash leftover bait at the boat launch site; leftover live aquatic bait should not be dumped into a water body or taken from one water body to another.

Wash - Thoroughly flush the hull, drive unit, live wells (and live well pumping system), bilge, trailer, bait buckets, engine cooling water system, and other boat parts that got wet while in infested waters, using a hard spray from a garden hose. If you boat was in other water bodies for a long period of time or if you found any adult mussels or other organisms, use HOT (140F) water instead of cold, or tow the boat through a do-it-yourself carwash and use the high pressure hot water to "de-alien" your boat. Do not use environmentally unsound washing solutions.

Dry - Dry after boating. Boats and trailers should be allowed to dry thoroughly in the sun for 2 to 4 days before being launched into other waters.

John Benkoczy
06-06-2007, 10:44 AM
:wink:Sunday is forecast to be 76 and clear!!

Scott - I'm planning on running the 18 (your old boat) on the Lake in the afternoon - let me know if you want to head out!

JB

Kirbyvv
06-06-2007, 12:04 PM
Hopefully I will be water testing Sunday too, after installing the 280Trim transom assembly, power assisted steering, new wiring and gauges, remote oil filter, new carb, etc. Waiting on main bearings and new steering cable right now. Parts are suppose to be in today. I'll look for you on the water if I'm together by then.

Air 22
06-06-2007, 01:42 PM
Heater in the MH has us up to 74 at the moment.. Long johns for the scooter ride today :) :)

Hey Shaggy..u wants some Cheeeeeez w/ that wine:wink: So I hear you are a Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrramax Guy now:eek!: good man:wink::yes:

Warning..we will b in SAT 3-4pm...look for the RED blurrrrrr:outtahere::biggrin:

You and Buick Boy are welcome to my Burban so we can put the highley acclaimed secret projects afloat:yes:

BUIZILLA
06-06-2007, 04:55 PM
AirBoy....we may need the Burb Sat late or real early Sun morning...... :)

Air 22
06-06-2007, 09:24 PM
AirBoy....we may need the Burb Sat late or real early Sun morning...... :)

No Problem...:wink::) All loaded, detailed, gased, bearings greased, tires ck'd, fully stocked...( now where did I put that dang road map??) We are pulling outta here Friday @ 8am Northbound to The Land of DOC.. aka Flit Boy Fashion Designer:eek!::cool: in PA. We will finish the trip SAT...Stay tuned...:propeller::):wink:

Air 22
06-06-2007, 09:50 PM
Only reason I'm driving a duracrap is because they save the good, FOMOCO chassis for the bigger motorhomes.. You know, real ones, not toys like this one...
Must admit, the Allison tranny remains my favorite...
Bring some warm air with ya please :) :)

Supposed to be near 100:eek!: here Thursday and Friday... so We'll bring some of that heat North...:yes::wink: Do U and Heidi need some Coconut Palms & Flamigo's to feel at home??...lol

ChromeGorilla
06-06-2007, 10:49 PM
Must admit, the trannys remain my favorite...

:eek: :puke: :D

need for speed
06-07-2007, 06:42 AM
... so how is the lake level ?? can you see the docks this year:bonk:

Rootsy
06-07-2007, 07:56 AM
Only reason I'm driving a duracrap is because they save the good, FOMOCO chassis for the bigger motorhomes.. You know, real ones, not toys like this one...
Must admit, the Allison tranny remains my favorite...
Bring some warm air with ya please :) :)

91+ here today.. I'll send it your way tomorrow...

BUIZILLA
06-07-2007, 04:10 PM
okay, I went to TC, and also had a fantastic lunch at the Algonquin today.... the restaurant DEFINATELY knows we're coming... water level today was just below the batter boards of the docks at TC and the Algo, in other words about 12" below the planks..... just PERFECT, cold though.... water is VERY clear and clean. Went to the top of Prospect Summit, and the visibility had to be 30 miles in any direction, absolutely beautiful day. Rode up to Ft Ticonderoga yesterday and took the ferry across Lake Champlain and rode the backroads through Vermont back to the RV park, about 166 mile ride... I think tomorrow we're gonna ride up to White Face MT and Lake Placid and check that out, that should be about a 225-250 mile day... I dunno who towed the farthest yet getting here, but I'm about at the 1580 mile mark..
it's beer thirty.... :pimp::yes:

need for speed
06-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Looks good!!!! Can't wait!!! :boat:

Will see if I can do a few spins around the block and top 1580miles!!:eek!:

penbroke
06-07-2007, 08:42 PM
... Rode up to Ft Ticonderoga yesterday and took the ferry across Lake Champlain and rode the backroads through Vermont back to the RV park, about 166 mile ride...

Did you take the cable ferry from Ticonderoga or run up to the Essex/Charlotte crossing? Just wondering if ya got a good look at my :wink: lake. It's pretty much a river around Ti.

Frank

roadtrip se
06-07-2007, 10:15 PM
to put the new one on and imagine my surprise when I found a few extra parts that weren't supposed to come loose as part of the package.

Doc was on the phone with me when I made this little discovery and he suggested I " just shim it" and go! Excellent plan B, if necessary.

More prep to be done, but we got the days. We will dry run it on Lake Cumberland this weekend, before heading north. Sure sounds good on the hose after the makeover. Seems to be the year for gremlins...

BUIZILLA
06-07-2007, 10:25 PM
Did you take the cable ferry from Ticonderoga or run up to the Essex/Charlotte crossing? Just wondering if ya got a good look at my :wink: lake. It's pretty much a river around Ti.
Frank we took the little ferry, the river is about 3/8 mile wide at that point??.... I was just listening to the WB radio and they are calling for severe storms :lightning and hail tomorrow night?? i'm like WTF.... hail in paradise???

Air 22
06-07-2007, 10:53 PM
okay, I went to TC, and also had a fantastic lunch at the Algonquin today.... the restaurant DEFINATELY knows we're coming... water level today was just below the batter boards of the docks at TC and the Algo, in other words about 12" below the planks..... just PERFECT, cold though.... water is VERY clear and clean. Went to the top of Prospect Summit, and the visibility had to be 30 miles in any direction, absolutely beautiful day. Rode up to Ft Ticonderoga yesterday and took the ferry across Lake Champlain and rode the backroads through Vermont back to the RV park, about 166 mile ride... I think tomorrow we're gonna ride up to White Face MT and Lake Placid and check that out, that should be about a 225-250 mile day... I dunno who towed the farthest yet getting here, but I'm about at the 1580 mile mark..
it's beer thirty.... :pimp::yes:

You will love it up North...ck out Mt. Marcy 6000ft and some change...highest mountain in NY..You can't drive up it but its beautiful from any view..The Olympic area of Lake Placid is very nice as well..enjoy..:yes::)

penbroke
06-08-2007, 06:49 PM
we took the little ferry, the river is about 3/8 mile wide at that point??.... I was just listening to the WB radio and they are calling for severe storms :lightning and hail tomorrow night?? i'm like WTF.... hail in paradise???

Yup. Got some weather on the way. Here's a link to the local radar loop. (http://www.wptz.com/wxmap/842984/detail.html) Should be nice later tomorrow but a bit cooler for you southern folks.

If you get back up this way and want a better ferry ride take the Port Kent/Burlington crossing. About an hour across the widest part of the lake.

Frank

Air 22
06-08-2007, 08:35 PM
Well... we all made it safe n sound to the "Land of Doc and Honey"...Not to bad a trip except for the 112degree temps in stop n go DC traffic..:eek!: Made me realize how nice it is to fly everywhere..:wink: good thing the A/C went out last week and then fixed asap...the Burban was an ICE Box all day...thank goodness:yes: Doc and Liz fed the clan to its filling...Doc makes a really gooooooo:)od home made burger...:wink: As expected..the hospitality was splended::beer:yes:..Which inluded the coolest 150yr old bench I've ever sat on then NOT....lol."Teague" Doc's furry putty cat was even amused at the maddness of 3 lil gremlin's terrorizing his house..:eek!:

North tomorrow..hope to splash bout 5-6pm:cool::yes::wink::beer:

C u all soon.....you have been warned....:yes::eek!::)

Dr. Dan
06-09-2007, 07:00 AM
:eek!::smash::spongebob:Well...My Diagnosis is that these damn kids grow up too fast...Gavin is like Worlds Smallest Linebacker!... Be fore warned Parents of 3 year old girls... this kid is gonna be dangerous when he is older... his eyes & eylashes are like Elvis Liz says... he is gonna break some hearts... just like his Dad!

Ashley & Alley are gorgeous young ladies... and full of energy.... I think this is the first time our yard has been subjected to full "CartWheels in Sequence" at random intervals... some Olympic Qualifier Event I think...what is it about little girls that .... they feel so compelled to flip upside down over and over again?:wavey:

Ashley checked out our little hill on the small street by our house with her little Razor Scooter.. man those things are cool as hell... I woulda killed myself... on those things.

Red Boat ,Red Boat... there is a friggin Red Boat in my yard... get it outta here already!

Damn boy... Dwight has "Light Issues" an affliction of being obsessive compulsive with all forms of illumination! In Dwights case his condition is "Acute LED Syndrom-with Reflective Tape tendencies" its a common malody of those that did not have enough oxygen at birth and who fly $40 Million Jets at .92 the Speed of Sound.... for a living? :spongebob:

I love this guy...but I can't believe they actually pay him to fly these Jets?

Poodle & Jimmy... he will be your responsibility from here on out... he is well fed.. and contanqourous as ever... if he gives ya any trouble ...just hand him some polish and point out a smudge on his Boat or Trailer... he'll be gone for hours!:beer:

Doc - The Random Gourmet :bighug:

BUIZILLA
06-09-2007, 07:24 AM
Danny, we've alerted the paparazzi and media about FlyBoy's arrival, Paris has no competition here... they will be stationed at exit's 19 thru 22 on his arrival, heli's are on standby...

Air 22
06-09-2007, 10:04 PM
The RED Blurr has arrived...6:33min Door to Door from The Land of Doc to LG..not to shabby...:yes::wink:

The Lake is Beautiful as ever..80 and Sunny:yes::wink: we all went for a quick boat run into LG village and enjoyed the views...some Big toys are here:eek!: 38 Cig's Scater's etc...

Man it sure is nice to be on the water after a long hot car trip:wink: The weather forecast all week is mostly sunny with high's in the upper 70's to low 80's and lows in the mid 50's...great weather for everyone..:yes::)

C yall soon...:)

Dr. Dan
06-10-2007, 09:39 AM
:smash:Poodle - I am running to Schumachers today to grab the 27, just as an FYI.

Doc :spongebob:

need for speed
06-10-2007, 12:15 PM
Hot as can be here!! just spent some time under the bow deck packing!!! :wink:

ChromeGorilla
06-10-2007, 05:14 PM
Holy schnikes! Just got back from Jax Poker run where it was a Poodle approved 97 degrees Sat and Sun...... A++++ boating this weekend was definately had. Ol' Damn Yankee got to stretch her legs out nicely for the first time in a while. Had a blast........ now it's time to pack for NY.... :D

See you guys in a couple days! I'll try to bring some heat up for you guys!:crossfing:

gero1
06-11-2007, 06:16 AM
i can't afford to come up and play so i am sending my greatest warrior to do my bidding....RTSE. go get"em trip!!!!! yall try to play nice he's been under alot of pressure lately

roadtrip se
06-11-2007, 10:01 AM
i can't afford to come up and play so i am sending my greatest warrior to do my bidding....RTSE. go get"em trip!!!!! yall try to play nice he's been under alot of pressure lately

and no wingman on top of it. Thanks Gero for the well wishes as I am sure that I will need them.

What you would normally see, when attempting to come up behind Gero and I on Lake Cumberland, is two towers of spray. It really makes it tough to get around us and not get wet. Some of us may try other diversionary impediment driving techniques, like steering all over the lake in our blue Criterions, in a flailing attempt to not get lapped and solidly passed yet again.
But the wall of water two times over has a much more widespread and lasting effect on the pysche of the pursuer.

Alas, I will be alone on Lake George amongst the hyenas and packs of wolves.
Weak valve springs, welded cav plate, and no one to back me up. Heck, I'm not even going to have my trusty deck hand to launch and keep me from solidly ramming the dock at 10 miles per hour.

This is gonna be tough. I am certainly out of my comfort zone.

Hoping to survive Lake George...

need for speed
06-11-2007, 10:19 AM
Everyone is alone this year , a well.... leaving in AM!!! got to get back to packing the truck!~ c u soon!!!

ChromeGorilla
06-11-2007, 10:23 AM
Leaving in the AM!?!?!?! Holy crap. You driving to the rendezvous point then catching some z's till I show up Wed morning? ..... never mind... calling ya now....

Scott Pearson
06-11-2007, 08:57 PM
Guys,
If anyone needs a place to stay or crash in New Jersey let me know. I'm about 4 1/2 south of Lake George. Plenty of room here for people and boats! Give me a call at (732) 904-3377.

Dr. Dan
06-11-2007, 10:31 PM
:spongebob:Well....The Trailers are getting loaded, the Duffle Bag is packed, Check List upon Check List.... Props, Tools, Gifts & More Toys... I feel like "Santa with a Hard On", I know I am gonna regret saying that! :wink:

The posturing is done, the smack has been smacked, it's all done but the Running... so "Run What Ya Brung" save the B.S. for when we're drinking.... leave the "Whine" at the Door ...cause we don't serve too much Cheese at Lake George to go with all of this whining.... Cav. Plates, Super Model Hot Chick Welder Babes, Valve Jobs, Old worn Pulleys, Hose Jobs...Blow Jobs... to quote a close friend who will go nameless...cuz he prefers it that way..."It's All Good?" :eek!::smash: I mean after all it's not like we don't know when the DustOff is?

It's the same friggin weekend each year....so come ready...or get current with Sea Tow...cuz da Boyz are back in town!

Well I can tell ya... after this weekend is over... the Beer will have been drunk, the Gas will definitely have been burned, and the Cigars smoked... so let the Tails Fly of the Lake Goerge DustOff that only legends are made of....

We will have 5 Criterions, scores of over powered 22's,a couple of nasty 18's, some Suicide Blackhawks, an occasional X-18 with a 6.2 EFI equipt with random Hot Chicks, and some Sweet 16's sprinkling in between for sanity's sake,just to calm everyone down! :bonk: This will promise to be an Event that only a few will actually experience... but all of us will share!

We will have lots of Pics, lots of Movies.... and B.S. by the Mile! So the Skunk works be exposed... now let's see if we can break somethin.... the water is gonna get "Shakin - Not Stirred!" :smash:

Everyone drive safe... and go easy on Todd... cuz he is just a little Southern Texas Boy displaced in Kentucky, by way of Michigan, on his way to New York! Where they don't give a damn how Special or Limited your Edition is...just drive your Friggin Boat Boy!

The Evil Twins... are converging... on the Rabid Poodle of Miami...and the Reptilian Buick Cosanostra! Man this is gonna be some Sh@T right here...

Hasta Luego

Doc Padre' of the Adirondacks :beer:

farmer tx
06-11-2007, 11:40 PM
A good source in northern Tenn. has informed me of a certain red 22 from Kentucky that is emitting a curious whine from under the hatch that the owner would not allow investigated. Seems there were certain stealth skunkworks involved recently. Last comment was something about a raped ape.:shocking:

Dr. Dan
06-12-2007, 07:18 AM
:eek!:Well .. I hope someone brings some Whine... Liz gave me some Cheese... I believe it's Chedder! So I am hoping that in fact it is Red Whine... definitely my preference!

Later.....

Doc of Teal Transport :wink:

Kirbyvv
06-12-2007, 07:54 AM
...and the weather forcast looks great.....can't wait....

Trueser
06-12-2007, 11:34 AM
A good source in northern Tenn. has informed me of a certain red 22 from Kentucky that is emitting a curious whine from under the hatch that the owner would not allow investigated. Seems there were certain stealth skunkworks involved recently. Last comment was something about a raped ape.:shocking:

That's the first hatch I seen with a lock. Hmmmmmmmmm

ChromeGorilla
06-12-2007, 05:31 PM
Truck is fueled. Bags are packed.... and because I was bored as chit today... trailer has all new LED lighting now....

3 AM departure...... rendezous with needforspeed around 9 AM in VA. Then an ETA in Saratoga of about 6 PM ... give or take..... (Charles is driving a Ford.... you know how that can go...) :tongue:

See ya at the lake!

slamdry
06-12-2007, 08:33 PM
were is everyone going to be on sunday, looks like i wont be able to get out of work on sat, but i will be up on sunday.

Scott Pearson
06-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Brian,
We all meet out in front of the Sagamore on the lake at 10:30am sharp. We all take a run up the lake for a few hours and head back to the Algonquin for some lunch and a few drinks. Hope you can make it!

slamdry
06-12-2007, 09:15 PM
i may not make it up and in the water for 1030 but i should be able to make it for lunch :wink: and will try harder to get people motivated to be at the sagamore !!

glashole
06-13-2007, 04:13 PM
if anyone is thinking of going but cannot find a room there is a good chance I will not be able to make it (90%) :frown:

I have a deposit on the room paid and it will probably be open for use

please also keep in mind I will be unable to take pictures of the fronts of your boats as I am passing them so you will have to make other arrangements if you were looking for me to do this for you :)

shea

slamdry
06-13-2007, 09:45 PM
ok boats all back togeather running great hopefully it will hold togeather this time :wink: i plan to get up to the lake late sat night or early sunday mornin for some testing so i can come and play!!! hopefully i will see you all tehre if all goes as planned!!!!!

undertaker
06-14-2007, 08:08 AM
Now that is funny right there:):):):)...and to think the event is JUST beginning:yes::yes::propeller::propeller:

Undertaker:cool:

ChromeGorilla
06-14-2007, 09:06 PM
Well. NeedforSpeed and I started cleaning the trucks and boats about 9AM this morning at my folks place. At 4 we took my folks Malibu down to the Mohawk river while my younger brother had Ski Sow Team pratice. Weather was beautifull. Charles did a lil it of slalom skiing. The after seeing all the young'ns barefooting he gave it a go. He stepped out of a slalom ski and had it down pat on his second try. I'll post pictures when I get a chance.

We'll see you guys tommorrow morning. Who wants to play on the lake tommorrow? WE DO.....

CG + NFS

gero1
06-15-2007, 03:52 PM
gas grills, no boats in the water, tale's of men shopping...that's all i need to hear... you girly men can now hand in your man cards

roadtrip se
06-15-2007, 05:55 PM
79.9 from a certain blue beast on the way to Roger's Rock up north.
Now, what exactly is that little stream of water coming off the transom?
Looked great on the water. Maybe a little under-propped.

Griz was cruising with four people in the boat while I gave it all I had at 80+.
I think Peregrine likes this style of bow riding!

Great weather, Good air, beautiful water, wish you were here!

ITTLFLI
06-16-2007, 12:18 AM
Griz was cruising with four people in the boat while I gave it all I had at 80+.

:smash: :) :)

slamdry
06-16-2007, 07:46 AM
as im sitting here at work its 845 and i am counting the hours till launch time :yes:

BERTRAM BOY
06-16-2007, 03:00 PM

79.9 mph...... I think we were only at 3000 rpm.

gero1
06-16-2007, 06:55 PM
hey trip, cooking some ribs on sunday with hickory...heck even f.t is cooking with hickory this weekend, where are you???????????????

jl1962
06-17-2007, 05:24 PM
SENSATIONAL WEEKEND!!!:yes:

Got up early Friday, after three hours on the road, had coffee w/ Kirby and Martha, then made it to Performance by 8:30am to splash our boats. Perfect weather, spent the day testing props, running around, checking in , catching up. Good dinner at the Lakeside, watched the Yanks get outpitched at the bar.

Saturday - Awesome morning. Flat calm with a little morning smoke on the mountains. Safety briefing by Fast Eddie at the "A". Everyone started their boats at the same time - kinda cool - then off on Leg one. Critters holding the flag. Leg 2 - KVV, Leg 3 - Dwight, Leg 4 - yours truly (mercifully a short leg - so no one had time to pass me), Leg 5 - Rapid Robert H back down to the Sagamore. Lunch at the Algonquin, played my hand, crappy cards. explored North West Bay after Lunch. Watched a T-storm roll in. Back to the A for drinks and dinner - go easy on the horse radish. Great raffle, auction, Don N won the poker run - AGAIN!!! Hmmmmm???

Sunday, OK - a little damp today, but I was able to get out between the rain drops for an hour or so. Didn't run back north as I had hoped b/c weather was too iffy. Pulled the boat at noon and said goodbye. 2 1/2 fun days.
Great to see everyone. Lot's of camaraderie. Grizz is larger than life! At 80MPH, he looks like he could be sipping lemonade on a pontoon boat - wow!

A big thanks to Scott P and Cherie and Matty and Marie!

Pix Below - lot's of brain power in the 2nd photo.

jl1962
06-17-2007, 05:58 PM
A few more pix:
John B's blue 18 won best in show. I voted for the yellow 18, kind of a coin toss. Bad form to vote for your own boat.:wink: Eric's V-drive barrelback was cool too.

need for speed
06-17-2007, 11:07 PM
What a super weekend!! I loved it. THANKS TO all for a fun weekend!

Just got up to Montreal!! wow.. the Canadian's seached my truck and boat for 1 hour!! wtf!!! they took everyhting out of the truck and boat looking for drugs or somting! Even checked out my recent calls in my cell and even asked me who Dr Dan was!! I told the border guy he was a doc and knows everything give him a call if you want/ and they looked at all my pics on my camera WTF!....:bonk:

DONZI
06-18-2007, 05:44 AM
Some photo's in the gallery.:)
http://www.donzi.net/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=617

rustnrot
06-18-2007, 07:05 AM
Was Scott Pearson's Bench Seat Hornet there??

Rootsy
06-18-2007, 07:56 AM
Was Scott Pearson's Bench Seat Hornet there??

I heard he cross threaded the nut on the flame arrester stud so he left her home and brought the pumpkin instead....