PDA

View Full Version : Finally got out in our new boat.

LKSD
05-29-2007, 09:21 AM
Finally got the new boat wet after 6 months of drooling over it in my shop. I went out for 20 mimutes just to try prop sizes. Ended up running a 26 bravo1 on stock engine and mildly altered exhaust. Got 65-68mph GPS with 3 people and full tank.

Stay tuned……Wife thought boat was too slow and insisted I order a Whipple kit when we got back. Needless to say I did not have to be asked that twice. Hell must be freezing over that we actually agree. So I ordered the Whipple last week & took off my Ecm to reflash it accordingly.. Now the boat will be sitting again for a month or so until I get a chance to do the engine & whipple up right.. Jamie / Lakeside

Clip of us running boat (http://www.lakesiderestorations.com/common/my-clips/26zxfrcomp-lowres.wmv)

Last Tango
05-29-2007, 09:43 AM
Get lots of practice and good tips on installing that Whipple. My '06 22ZX 350 Mag MPI needs a BOOST! Has a Bravo One drive. Will that be enough or will it need upgtrading as well. Are you including an aftermarket exhaust?

LKSD
05-29-2007, 09:52 AM
Get lots of practice and good tips on installing that Whipple. My '06 22ZX 350 Mag MPI needs a BOOST! Has a Bravo One drive. Will that be enough or will it need upgtrading as well. Are you including an aftermarket exhaust?

I have done a lot of different Sc installs before.. We are distributors & installers for many different brands.. Maybe you hadnt realized that.. BUt thats ok.. :)
This one just happens to be going on my new ride. Hopefully I will keep it for a while.. :)

I was going to do some other exhaust stuff. I actually had a system here to do it, but I had annother customer that wanted it. I also decided to go this route for my boat. So on my exhaust I pulled the turbulators & Installed high flow tips with removable baffles. I will Probably do even more stuff over the winter unless the wife finds me a 35zr that she "has to have".. :bonk: My main concern is to get this on the water for more than 20 minutes this summer.. I have plenty more in mind if I get the time.. :)

Btw: I have a procharger recipe for your application that we have proven on your hull & drive.. :) And yes on your hull If you dont get crazy & are not abusive then a B1 will work fine.. :) Give me a shout if it may interest you.

:) Jamie / Lakeside

undertaker
05-29-2007, 10:04 AM
Glad to see you got out this weekend......65-68 not bad but you still can't hang with the 22 Classics:):):):):)

Undertaker

PS You never mentioned the whipple when I brought my boat up last week you trying to do a secret skunkworks project or what:):bonk::):bonk:

LKSD
05-29-2007, 10:26 AM
Glad to see you got out this weekend......65-68 not bad but you still can't hang with the 22 Classics:):):):):)
Undertaker
PS You never mentioned the whipple when I brought my boat up last week you trying to do a secret skunkworks project or what:):bonk::):bonk:

Ed,

I wish we got out this weekend. I will give you one guess what we did? We took the boat out on Thursday morning at 7am to test the boat.. What fun. Peek suntan hours. LOL:eek!:

I know it may be hard to believe but it really was my idea for the whipple and to push it. After researching all the options we kept going over it did work out to be the best for us. I told Jay it was either this or a bigger boat. The whipple seemed to make the most sense for what jay needed power wise and time wise until winter when he could do more work on the boat.

We had to do something. There was no way that this boat was going to sit in the shop all summer! I told Jay it literally would be his home away from home.:propeller::propeller: Kristin

Hope you and the family had a nice Holiday.

BUIZILLA
05-29-2007, 11:36 AM
I know it may be hard to believe but it really was my idea for the whipple and to push it. After researching all the options we kept going over it did work out to be the best for us. Kristin, your a brilliant girl... Whipple is where it's at,.... on that hull.

JH

LKSD
05-29-2007, 12:01 PM
We may now call the boat the wacky paddle... :bonk:.. Just kidding.. lol.... :)

Despite how I may seem at times, I am not really a closed minded individual.. I am still a huge procharger fan. However especially for the newer 496 (05 & newer) the Whipple seems to currently make the most sense when looking for boost.. The compressor is larger than the procharger's m1 for the 496meaning intercooler aside the boost will be initially cooler & the compressors rpm will also be lower. Add in the intercooler & the initially cooler boost from the whipple in this application and then it just seems to make good sense on this application at the moment.. :)

That said if it was a 454 or 502 mag mpi, I probably would have gone yet with the procharger & a 504 or 648 intercooler..

I was just looking at the big picture.. :)

Jim, If i get down your way or you get up here I will have to take you for a spin when I get it done.. :) Jamie / Lakeside

undertaker
05-29-2007, 06:36 PM
Despite how I may seem at times, I am not really a closed minded individual..

YEAH RIGHT....:wink::wink:

I can not believe it Buizilla and JW agreeing on supercharger choices....what is the world coming to....:propeller::propeller::propeller:

Undertaker:boggled:

BUIZILLA
05-29-2007, 06:40 PM
UT, Kristin and I agree, JW was just the afterthought of HER astute and forthright, albeight correct insistence... :wink: :cool!:

undertaker
05-29-2007, 07:43 PM
:):):)

LKSD
05-29-2007, 10:52 PM
UT, Kristin and I agree, JW was just the afterthought of HER astute and forthright, albeight correct insistence... :wink: :cool!:

Either way, It looks like I may be needing some ice skates.. I live in hell & It would appear that it is starting to freeze over.. lol.... :D :D Jamie