PDA

View Full Version : Roller rockers loose after adjustment?

zimm17
05-25-2007, 12:08 PM
Just installed crane roller rockers and followed the directions. I used 3/4 turn of pre-load on each rocker after making sure they were on the base of the cam lobe. After turning over the engine by hand a couple of times, now a few rockers are loose and can wiggle up and down a little bit. I'm wondering if the lifters bled down (GEN VI roller cam). Should I hold it as is and get it running to pump the lifters back up, then recheck them?

MOP
05-25-2007, 12:21 PM
Usually when that happens there was a dab of oil still in the lifter which gets forced out by spring pressure, I would repeat the process, easier now then later.

Phil

mrfixxall
05-25-2007, 12:23 PM
Rockers should not be loose at all....try readjusting them,,,i do them one at a time...Try my method turn engine over by hand (ratchet and socket) when the intake valve opens then starts to close adjust the exhaust rocker.....when the exhaust valve starts to open then adjust the intake rocker. i go 1/4 turn on the poly lock then tighten the allen screw then put the wrench on the nut then turn the poly lock another 1/4 turn this way i know it wont back off...if you got the anti pump up roller kifters you can compress them up to .100 but i like stating between .025 and .050...
good luck..

zimm17
05-25-2007, 08:22 PM
OK, just did what you said. Looks good so far. Thanks for the advice.