PDA

View Full Version : Blower fun!!!

The Hedgehog
05-23-2007, 09:58 AM
No, the Procharger M-3 setup on a 502 Mag does not get along with a Dana Marine Exhaust. Not enough clearance for the larger manifold. It looks like it is time to re-tool the air horn and retrofit a K&N filter. I am away from the boat right now but my mechanic tells me that from the looks of the blower blades a filter is a good idea:eek!:

MOP
05-23-2007, 04:35 PM
By now don't you know that is like a big bilge vacuum cleaner, it will ingest anything within range!!

Phil

The Hedgehog
05-24-2007, 07:45 AM
By now don't you know that is like a big bilge vacuum cleaner, it will ingest anything within range!!
Phil

And I should also know not to listen to ATI-Procharger!:bonk:

You can feel the vacuum cleaner/hairdryer pulling pretty hard!

The Hedgehog
05-24-2007, 03:45 PM
Looks like we will be using something like a 90 degree PVC bend for the weekend. Does anyone know where I can get a K&N type filter for a 4.5" opening?

The Hedgehog
05-28-2007, 09:49 AM
Got that K&N. It is going to take a custom bend to make it in front on the exhaust. Took off the air horn and put on a tighter screen. We fabricated a custom bracket for the PCV stuff.

BigGrizzly
05-29-2007, 10:01 AM
There is a rubber sewage drain 90 at Home depot. Just so you don't feel bad, my blower sucked in a hole role of paper towels and lodged them in the inter cooler. I turned the inter cooler around and blew it all around the shop. then it sucked in a timing light chord. Now if I start that engine It has the air cleaner on it. I have a friend that has his engine stall and found his missing life vest stuck in it. Looks like his wife used it to try out a new hamburger cutter on it.

RedDog
05-29-2007, 11:19 AM
... Just so you don't feel bad, my blower sucked in a hole role of paper towels and lodged them in the inter cooler. I turned the inter cooler around and blew it all around the shop. then it sucked in a timing light chord. Now if I start that engine It has the air cleaner on it. I have a friend that has his engine stall and found his missing life vest stuck in it. Looks like his wife used it to try out a new hamburger cutter on it.

now that's funny :jestera::jestera::jestera: