PDA

View Full Version : Engine Temps.

Johntrip
05-22-2007, 02:46 PM
I've got one ho running hotter than the other.... I replaced both impellers. Still running hotter. I noticed on the hotter motor that one exhaust was'nt spitting as much so I felt the risor and it was extremely hotter than the other. I'm thinking I must have a water restriction somewhere. Manifold or Heat exchanger ??

MOP
05-22-2007, 02:53 PM
If there were any pieces of impeller missing they are waiting for you in the oil cooler! If the heat issue was already there before the pump job then check water flow from the feed hose going into to the mainifold let it run for 30 40 seconds catch the water in a bucket that way you can compare the amount to the other side, you may have some junk in the risers.

Phil

gold-n-rod
05-22-2007, 04:55 PM
I've got one ho running hotter than the other....
Whatever you do, don't expect Don Imus to say anything about it!!!!!!!!!!
:rlol: :rlol: :rlol:

Johntrip
05-22-2007, 07:00 PM
Thanks Mop. I ran your test. Under normal conditions the port side takes a few seconds longer to flow so I waited then realized that the flow was less on the hot side.

Johntrip
05-23-2007, 09:08 AM
I'm going to remove exchanger tonight and flush it out. What would be the best cleaning agent to use?? Muratic Acid?

MOP
05-23-2007, 06:50 PM
Before you tear things apart check the oil cooler that is one of the very first places I check. As far as the exchanger pull the caps then put a light at one end and look through the tubes from the other end if they look good they are good. Rarely does much of anything get past the oil cooler to the exchanger!

Phil

Johntrip
05-23-2007, 08:24 PM
10/4. will check tomorrow, thanks!

LKSD
05-24-2007, 06:38 AM
John,

If you have 1 ho running hot then it sounds more like you have a pimp issue.. Gotta keep the hand strong my friend!:eek!: lol..:bonk:

If I am wrong & you mean H O ... Which I am certain you do, I would not use acid..! Do like MOP said first.. Then worry about cleaning out the exchanger. Usually they get sediment in them.. You could clean them out with water & a small welding rod or pipe cleaner.. ;) Jamie / Lakeside