PDA

View Full Version : What is it actually worth? 1999 Donzi 22ZX with 502 with EFI

unosteveo
05-21-2007, 11:00 PM
1999 DONZI 22', ZX, 502 EFI (415hp MAG BARVO I, 2004 HERITAGE (steel) TRAILER
White with red stripe, red/white interior, cd player clarion, 25 hours on motor, 230 on bravo, stainless 4 blade 26 pitch, 75mph on gps, stepped hull, snap in carpet red, interior mint or near mint, might have a small vert. crack below window (half plexiglass), hydraulic engine compart, mirror, all gauges work, through hull exhaust - no silent choice option, dash shows trim and drive – cable that runs drive has been ordered, k&n filter, red bezels around gauges. Owner had parked on beach and the low water pickup and sucked sand, overheated, spun out the main bearings, rebuilt from merc with warranty. 1 year. Invoice. Paid 10K for replacement motor. The motor was replaced last year.

After inspection the following was noted.

The hull has some minor scuff marks on the keel which appears to be normal wear.
There is a small scuff mark, about the size of a dime, on a curve in the dash near the bottom of the trim and tabs indicator.
There is a chip about 1" x 1/8" on the trailing edge of the starboard inner lifting strake, at the step of the hull.
There was a very small amount of white material (about 1/8") on the surface of the gel coat near the aft running light mast socket. This may have been gel coat patch, or it may have been some foreign matter.
The stripes and graphics appeared to be in excellent shape with no visible defects.
The cuddy sliding door had a scuff about the size of a quarter, only visible with the door slid fully open. It looked like it might be due to contact with something when the door is fully opened.
There was a 1/8" gab in the base of the rub rail on the starboard side, probably a built-in expansion joint. The rubber rub rail insert itself was not broken across this gap. ANYBODY HAVE ANY THOUGHTS ABOUT THIS AS RUB RAILS ARE EXPENSIVE TO REPLACE?
The center of the carpet appeared slightly dirty or more likely faded from sunlight - it was hard to tell which. As the carpet snaps in place, it could be easily replaced. the rest of the carpet was in very good shape.
The vinyl was in excellent shape, with no tears or signs of wear. The rear seat showed just a bit of dirt in the grain of the white vinyl, the white leather on the steering wheel was slightly dirty.
The cuddy interior looked very good.
The battery was switched off. Turned it on, but it was nearly dead - perhaps the owner was unaware. The blower would barely run, and the electric hatch would not operate. unable to examine the engine compartment and could not verify the motor or condition.
The prop was in excellent shape, with no chips or dings.
The trailer appeared to be in excellent shape. I did not observe any chips in the paint or other defects.
The hour meter showed 230 hours.

One was sold out from under me last summer that didn't have the snap carpet, did have the capt. call exhaust, with custom alum. trailer. It was in almost perfect condition with only one small stress crack on the windscreen and didn't have the half plexiglass, and was local to me in Seattle for $26,000. Otherwise it was identical. So far shipping bids are $1700 from where it's at to Seattle. For me, one way is 22 hours... plus gas and at these prices... you get the point.

I've done a NADA price check on it and it appears just over $26000 for average retail.

Any help in pricing this would be appreciated.

Steve

unosteveo@hotmail.com