PDA

View Full Version : Finally had a chance to install...........

CHACHI
05-21-2007, 11:40 AM
............the Saeng micro edge on my windshield frame.
It doesn't look like much but the molding created enough turbulance at the top of the windshield and moved the "envelope" up high enough I now can heard the exhaust instead of wind noise. It is real nice with the thru prop switched on. Cosmetically, I think it looks better than the wind wings, (but they won't fit on my windshield frame) but I am sure they will do a better job of wind management. Overall I would give the product an 8 out of 10. I am using it an application it wasn't really designed for. Motorcycle windshields are a lot closer to your head. It eliminated the wind noise and took the wind out of my eyes. I am pleased with the results.

Ken

MOP
05-21-2007, 12:08 PM
I'll give it a test Oh to soon!! Looking forward to it!

Phil

Tony
05-21-2007, 12:21 PM
Ken...how does this attach? Is it a slip-on of some type, or an adhesive?

CHACHI
05-21-2007, 01:41 PM
Ken...how does this attach? Is it a slip-on of some type, or an adhesive?
Two way tape.
Ken

BERTRAM BOY
05-21-2007, 02:40 PM
It's like a reverse wickerbill (Gurney flap).

yeller
05-22-2007, 12:03 AM
I like that. You hardly notice it. I'm going to give that stuff a try. On a dark plexi windsheild you would never even see it.

LKSD
05-22-2007, 12:10 AM
Good idea Ken & Nice job.. ;) Jamie / lakeside

CHACHI
05-22-2007, 06:00 AM
I like that. You hardly notice it. I'm going to give that stuff a try. On a dark plexi windsheild you would never even see it.
I was going to mount it on the plexi but I didn't think it would be as effective. The top edge of the windshield frame stands proud of the windshield and I wanted the edging in the most airflow.
Ken

MOP
05-22-2007, 08:00 AM
Even though I have the factory deflectors I may give it a try, if I move from behind the deflectors all hell breaks loose I like not having my hat or glasses blow off.

Phil

NLMO
05-27-2007, 06:40 AM
Ken,
Thanks for the idea went out and bought 6 foot section for my 22 Classic took the 8 inches that were left over and experimented with it mounted on directly plexiglass at the top (did nothing)and then on the frame as you did it was a world of difference! 1st time I have heard the engine without ducking under the shield. I am 6 foot tall and that little molding can almost let me get away with out wearing sunglasses at speed and that Stereo does work at speed. If any one orders the stuff don't bother with the special handling and express ship I got it from SAENG within 3 days to my door in FL using the cheap ($90 for feet?) route. Omar

catch 22
05-27-2007, 06:58 AM
Ken, Is there a Phone # or Website that this can be ordered from. Looks good. Thanks Jim

Barry Eller
05-27-2007, 08:33 AM
Ken, Is there a Phone # or Website that this can be ordered from. Looks good. Thanks Jim

Here, Catch...

http://www.saeng.com/4000.htm

BUIZILLA
05-27-2007, 10:11 AM
I have been looking all over hell's half acre for something like this for my Harley windscreen.... bought enough for that, and the Critter.... :cool:

JH

CHACHI
05-29-2007, 06:07 AM
Took the boat out this past weekend and was running into a 20MPH head wind. Had some wind noise but not as bad as it was. Overall I am very happy.

Ken

Oh yeah mooring cover still fits.

Pismo
05-29-2007, 04:07 PM
Looks effective but it would f*** up my cover just enough so it wouldnt snap.

CHACHI
05-31-2007, 05:46 AM
Looks effective but it would f*** up my cover just enough so it wouldnt snap.I can still install my mooring cover.

Ken