PDA

View Full Version : soooooo, George Carter...

BUIZILLA
05-20-2007, 08:37 PM
what hatched? :yes:

gcarter
05-20-2007, 11:03 PM
Well, here's what the engine looked like when I bought it......:eek!: but I traded Byron for a more conventional intake and carb. Also a new cam, lifters and springs are going in.:wink:

gcarter
05-20-2007, 11:10 PM
That is just as soon as I finish with Baron Kamp's 18.

MOP
05-21-2007, 07:53 AM
The "Red Baron" has his new ride! A little de tuning and detailing and he will be off and running.

Phil

RedDog
05-21-2007, 07:57 AM
George - does this boat have a windshield. Your engine / hatch picture looks familiar to a older 22 I have seen without a windshield

gcarter
05-21-2007, 10:27 AM
George - does this boat have a windshield. Your engine / hatch picture looks familiar to a older 22 I have seen without a windshield
Yes it does.
More pics to follow as soon as I have a chance to pull it out of the shop.

gcarter
05-21-2007, 01:17 PM
Here's a pic of the transom.
ALL of the hardware (steering and planes) is Hynautic. It all needs refinishing and the plane rams need rebuilding. But it is a good start. It also has the Hynautic combination plane switch/display indicator which is pretty neat.

MOP
05-21-2007, 02:28 PM
Here's a pic of the transom.
ALL of the hardware (steering and planes) is Hynautic. It all needs refinishing and the plane rams need rebuilding. But it is a good start. It also has the Hynautic combination plane switch/display indicator which is pretty neat.

I know it will look sweet shortly, man for a fresh water rig it looks worse then a salt rig.

Phil

Rootsy
05-21-2007, 02:43 PM
hmmmmm fresh from SE Michigan per chance? kinda reminds me of metraman's testerossa...

gcarter
05-21-2007, 03:47 PM
This boat spent its first 15 or so years in PA, so I'm sure it spent its share of time in salt water. I'm grateful for several things;

It's in a lot better shape than the Minx was ( A lot better!!!!)

It's got a lot of nice hardware and everything works (the Minx only had a set of Stainless Marine manifolds...nothing else and nothing worked).

I know how, and am looking forward to restoring it.

Oh yeah, it has a nice aluminum trailer w/torsion axles and disc brakes.