PDA

View Full Version : 92mph 502 / 22zx ????

LKSD
05-18-2007, 08:10 AM
??? Ebay : link to ad click here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300112522394&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:us)

Anyone else wonder what gauge he is using to get that speed reading on a stock set up??

ColdWaterDonzi
05-18-2007, 09:21 AM
Its not so much the power that doesn't add up, but what tells me it isn't legit is that its a 22' hull. 92mph out of a 22' V bottom? I don't think so.

There is a 22' Cadorette on our lake. 502 with exhaust and K&N. The boat would be lucky to hit 70mph, and it isn't an overly heavy boat either...

92mph? The hull doesn't have enough length to achieve that in my opinion...

BS!:toiletpap

LKSD
05-18-2007, 09:38 AM
I know.. something doesnt add up there.. We supercharged a 350 mag mpi that equated to about 425 ish Hp.. That would hit high 70's in good conditions.. A 454 or 502 that had 5# of boost should hit low to mid 80's.. so I dont see a stock 502 or 454 ever hitting 90mph on a 22zx without a lot of help.. :) Jamie / Lakeside

Pismo
05-18-2007, 09:40 AM
He is losing all credibility and therefore the respect of any serious buyers by stating that speed figure. Too bad, looks like a nice boat.

LKSD
05-18-2007, 09:51 AM
I totally agree.. It doesnt look abused & will probably make a nice raft for soomeone looking for one.. He would have been better off being more realistic by saying low 70's on a good day for speed... J

Sweet little 16
05-18-2007, 09:57 AM
we did see a step hull 22zx bbc supercharged that ran in the mid 80's down the jersey shore a few years back this boat doesn't have the step probably a great riding boat with out the step hull learning curve I would think this has to be a high 60's boat realistically I kinda like the plain white just wished they made bolsters on the 22zx

gold-n-rod
05-18-2007, 10:14 AM
Is he Canadian? Maybe it's kilometers per hour!!!! :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

MOP
05-18-2007, 10:49 AM
Simple answer! He cleaned his speedo pickup hole with a 3/16" drill bit there by increasing pressure which=speed!

Carl C
05-18-2007, 11:15 AM
Simple answer! He cleaned hi speedo pickup hole with a 3/16" drill bit there by increasing pressure which=speed!A 1/4 inch bit should get him over 100!

RickSE
05-18-2007, 11:27 AM
Without steps it'll be no faster then a 22C w/502, probably mid 70's.

Last Real Texan
05-18-2007, 11:33 AM
Must be Gaffrig Speedo..........MIne reads indicated 90 when the GPS says 85

Bryan

synack
05-18-2007, 11:40 AM
The best I ever did with my 1997 22ZX with 454Mag was just over 67mph on GPS. Hard to believe he gets 25mph more. I can't even imagine how hard it must be to drive at 90+.... it's be outright dangerous!

oldandtired
05-18-2007, 11:51 AM
Mine has done best of around 76 with a 502 mpi, cmi headers, and a stepped hull. There must be something wrong with my engine or hull since I can't at least get to 80. Maybe I should get rid of the step. Ebay is full of scams.

Rene

Lex98us86
05-18-2007, 12:01 PM
I thought maybe it was a typo but here is the response
"92 was my best speed ever. That is condition permiting of course. The boat consistently hits mid 80's though."

MOP
05-18-2007, 01:00 PM
Many of the nieve believe the P tube, don't make them bad people just well a DUH!

fegettes
05-18-2007, 03:53 PM
I inquired, and this is the response he gave me.

"92 mph was my best speed ever it is obivously condition permiting. It will do 92 on flat water, with the wind and current. All boats vary in speed due to conditions. This boat is definately faster than 70 mph. However I am not guarenteeing it will hit 92 mph everyday."

Steve

gold-n-rod
05-18-2007, 04:06 PM
A 1/4 inch bit should get him over 100!

Yupper..... and if he used a 1" bit, it would go 400 mph!

This seller is an asshat and a disgrace to honest boat owners and honest boat sellers alike. :confused:

LKSD
05-18-2007, 05:08 PM
I inquired, and this is the response he gave me.
"92 mph was my best speed ever it is obivously condition permiting. It will do 92 on flat water, with the wind and current. All boats vary in speed due to conditions. This boat is definately faster than 70 mph. However I am not guarenteeing it will hit 92 mph everyday."
Steve

Snif snif.... I smell B S ...

Those hulls actuall run a whisker faster with a little chop under them.. The flat water would actually slow him down.. :yes: :yes:

And yes, I am sure he is not guaranteeing 92mph.. My thought is he glanced down & saw 72 one day & mixed it up with 90... Especially if it was cocktail hour.. I have some customers that when sober the boat runs its tru speed, after a few hours of drinks they swear that due to the nice day that the boat now is running 20-30 mph faster and is riding lighter.. :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: Jamie / Lakeside

LKSD
05-18-2007, 05:10 PM
This seller is an asshat and a disgrace to honest boat owners and honest boat sellers alike. :confused:

:yes: :yes: :yes:

lol... You said ass hat... :D :D:bonk:

The Hedgehog
05-18-2007, 07:12 PM
Simple answer! He cleaned his speedo pickup hole with a 3/16" drill bit there by increasing pressure which=speed!

Does that work. :crossfing: I am in the process of putting a mechanical speedo in the Big Green ZX:) Tex told me that would be the best way to pick up 5 mph!:convertib:

I am thinking the if I bore out the pickup It would work.

Carl C
05-18-2007, 08:27 PM
Err, the comments about 22' hulls not being able to acheive 90 MPH is, well, how diplomatic can I be about this, WRONNNGGGGGGG....It's all in the propeller.:wink:

Sweet little 16
05-18-2007, 10:28 PM

man that's kinda harsh so regardless if it is a nice Donzi or not, or even a decent Donzi, or even a Donzi that needs a little TLC let's throw it under the bus
really what about the whole Donzi thing the people the comradarie???:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Sweet little 16
05-18-2007, 10:29 PM
:yes: :yes: :yes:
lol... You said ass hat... :D :D:bonk:

just a word from our sponsors I guess????????:confused: :confused: :confused:

Carl C
05-19-2007, 06:29 AM
Part of the problem is that us Donzi guys know that this speed is an exaggeration. Unfortunately many folks are naive and take these speed claims to heart and someone may be incredibly disappointed to purchase this boat and then find that she only does 72. New boat salesmen are notorious for overstating speed. My salesman (22C) actually understated the top speed and I appreciate their honesty (Pier 57). Randy (Gold-n-rod) often uses spicy language; it's part of the diversity here and shoudn't be taken offensively. Also I think Jamie (jw) was just trying to defuse the situation. MadPoodle, of couse a 22 V-bottom can top 90, but not with a stock 502 w/415 hp. Unless you gots the magic prop for that!:lookaroun:

maddad
05-19-2007, 06:32 AM
man that's kinda harsh so regardless if it is a nice Donzi or not, or even a decent Donzi, or even a Donzi that needs a little TLC let's throw it under the bus
really what about the whole Donzi thing the people the comradarie???:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Hi SL16, I saw a few posts that said it looked like a nice boat, and the boat didn't tell anyone it can do 92. I think the seller, who didn't come clean when given a chance, is getting the business here. To most people here, it's an obvious story, but someone out there may throw down some hard earned cash to go 92 and get ripped off.
Dishonesty is never really a good thing.

LKSD
05-19-2007, 06:51 AM

I think you are missing the point a little bit..

It really doesnt have that much in general to do with the boat itself as much as the BS about it.. While you are not completely wrong about the boat. My point is that The boat is being blatently misrepresented.. As a whole I dont know anywhere or any group where liars or BS artists are appreciated.. That is what people are really picking apart, NOT the boat.

If you read more closely you would have also noticed that I said :
I totally agree.. It doesnt look abused & will probably make a nice raft for soomeone looking for one.. He would have been better off being more realistic by saying low 70's on a good day for speed... J

;) Jamie / Lakeside

BTW: as far as my other comment (asshat) , I didnt say it, but it was humerous to me the way he had put it.. life's too short to not have a sense of humor.. Sorry you didnt find it funny..

GG Donzi
05-19-2007, 11:02 AM
I might have an answer, maybe he has a GPS speedo with memory that just happen to be on when he was towing (flat road, flat water, kinda the same, well not!). Now he get's it in the water makes a pass and what does the memory reads 92 MPH! LOL!!! When I first read the ad I thought he my have mistakenly struck the 9 instead of the 7, I think 72 would be much more realistic. IMO

LKSD
05-19-2007, 11:13 AM
I might have an answer, maybe he has a GPS speedo with memory that just happen to be on when he was towing (flat road, flat water, kinda the same, well not!). Now he get's it in the water makes a pass and what does the memory reads 92 MPH! LOL!!! When I first read the ad I thought he my have mistakenly struck the 9 instead of the 7, I think 72 would be much more realistic. IMO

Good thought.. I have seen that happen before.. Especially if the keep alive for the gps is hotwired!! Which is normal on some applications.. ;) Jamie / Lakeside

Shanghied Again
05-19-2007, 12:06 PM
The 22 ZX runs out of room real quick, I had 570 Hp in my 1998 22 ZX with a supercharger and hydraulic steering even when I changed the pulley to get more boost my boat ran 82mph with the bigger pulley at 5lbs boost and with the smaller pulley at 13psi that I ran once she hit 90 but the boat was totally out of control, In order for the boat to over 90 she would need large K planes an extension box on the drive, the step hull isn't even an issue the boat runs out of hull.

gold-n-rod
05-19-2007, 12:57 PM
"The seller ended this listing early because of an error in the listing."

duh!

Sweet little 16
05-19-2007, 02:49 PM
ok so the ebay internet police can rest easy your job is done, any buyer buying a boat souly on it's speed capability and the word of the seller deserves whatever they get !!!!! Funny I know where this boat is used and maybe it is some kinda of anomily but the hudson river or any river will give you some pumped up gps readings we hit 70 one day not bad for a low 50's boat. have seen a mid 65 mph boat read 80 on gps up in the st lawrence too with the wind current trajectory, maybe that is it or maybe I couldn't read the gps screen cause of the shadow cast by my asshat :boggled:
but i do feel safer surfin ebay now that i know you guys are on the job

gold-n-rod
05-19-2007, 05:41 PM
Back on eBay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DONZI-22ZX-w-502-Magnum-MPI_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ31271QQihZ020QQitem Z300112996071QQrdZ1

Nice boat. It should make its new owner very proud.

need for speed
05-19-2007, 06:11 PM
It slowed down some....:eek!:

BUIZILLA
05-19-2007, 06:16 PM
needs to slow down another 10 too...

chappy
05-19-2007, 08:00 PM
Nice looking boat. I'll wait to bid on the 16 with a 4.3 stock setup that bumps 70 on gps.:cartman:

22zxla
05-19-2007, 08:34 PM
I VE CONSISTENTLY had my 22zx up over 90 mph! Unfortunately it was still on the trailer!

Sweet little 16
05-19-2007, 09:39 PM
The hours are a little suspect for a 3 owner boat. The e-bay police are hard at work still.:)

man you guys just won't lay off, why would the hours be suspect?? doesn't a mpi have diagnostics that will tell real hours I have seen much older boats with just about an hour a year??? and just put the shoe on the other foot for a second Carl if you had to write an ebay ad for your boat now would it include the fact that the boat was damaged in a car accident or that you had problems with cracks????? :confused: :boggled:

Carl C
05-20-2007, 06:50 AM
man you guys just won't lay off, why would the hours be suspect?? doesn't a mpi have diagnostics that will tell real hours I have seen much older boats with just about an hour a year??? and just put the shoe on the other foot for a second Carl if you had to write an ebay ad for your boat now would it include the fact that the boat was damaged in a car accident or that you had problems with cracks????? :confused: :boggled:Alright, I deleted that post and I'll lay off. I agree with all here that the boat looks great but I do think that the seller is still using a little creative marketing. It was just that 100 hours on a 10 year old boat..............well my 2 year old boat just went over 100 hours.................maybe I boat more than most. If I do list my boat I will be completely honest. I will mention any present problems but not ones that have been fixed. Peace my friend and "no mas".:)

LKSD
05-20-2007, 07:22 AM
Hi SL16, I saw a few posts that said it looked like a nice boat, and the boat didn't tell anyone it can do 92. I think the seller, who didn't come clean when given a chance, is getting the business here. To most people here, it's an obvious story, but someone out there may throw down some hard earned cash to go 92 and get ripped off.
Dishonesty is never really a good thing.

Thank you.. :) :yes: :yes:

LKSD
05-20-2007, 07:30 AM
needs to slow down another 10 too...

I agree.. Maybe on the next listing it will be there???

Sweet little 16
05-20-2007, 09:06 AM
as i said before anyone who buys a boat strictly on what the owners says how fast it is deserves what ever they get and for the most part anyone looking for a boat that is capable of driving a 22 footer to 90 probably knows enough about boats to know that that boat isn't a 90 mph boat and for the first time buyer who wants fast well it is good for the boating public that the boat is only a 70 mph boat but if you guys feel you are doing a service well keep up the noble work and IMO enhancing the top speed would be far less dishonest a selling tactic that not telling a buyer about major repairs that have been performed.

jeff85m
05-24-2007, 03:20 PM
i have posted before about my classic 22 40th anniversary, it has 496ho mag with full roller rockers, and a whipple at 6 psi, hydromotive 27 and runs 89 on gps. it,s a hell of alot lighter than a zx-22. his embellished claims are a little to "top heavy". but people in the dark will believe anything.

ThunderMarineDave
05-25-2007, 02:33 PM
Which drive ratio and at what rpm? If you have a 1.5, it would mean you would have to spin 5800rpm (which is grenade zone...) (Not saying it's not true, just doesn't add up on the surface...)