PDA

View Full Version : T'was the night before AOTH VII

boldts
05-16-2007, 08:30 PM
This has become an annual tradition for me and truthfully, one that I really enjoy! Much like Christmas or the day before a race, the week leading up to the Awakening of the Horses gathering is so full of anticipation. Owners who have planned for months to attend and especially those who decided last minute to come have spent hours preparing their Donzi horses to be awoken.

They've checked their list over and over making sure that nothing has gone unchecked. The boat is polished, all maintance done and in most cases, the trailer hooked up to the tow apperatice which has also been maintanced that will transport both the owners and the boat to a lake in Kentucky.

Some will get no sleep tonight. Their adrenaline flowing full force. Some because they are finishing up last minute details. Many will have memories of past gatherings running through their minds. The friends they've met. The anticipation of meeting new friends. These gatherings are like family reunions for the people who attend. That's a very important part of what makes Donzi owners so special. We've all had some hard times in our lives and these friends we meet at a Donzi gathering are often times the ones who try to add a little support when they can.

So, if your on the road already, drive safe and take your time. We want you to arrive safely. If your trying to get some sleep before heading out in the morning, do the best you can. Remember, if something doesn't get done tonight, bring it with you. You'll have at least 30 pairs of hands ready and willing to help you with anything you might need to finish up.

Take care all! I personally am looking very forward to spending a few days with you all. If I look at ya with the look of a deer in the headlights, give me a little help. Introduce yourself and just mention what boat you own. Surprizingly, I remember your boats better than your names.

Have a safe trip. IT's more important that you arrive, than when. We'll be there no matter what and by all means, if something happens and you need a helping hand, give the resort a call and ask for me, Scott Boldt. I can gaurantee we'll find a way to help you if we can.