PDA

View Full Version : Lake lure info

need for speed
05-15-2007, 07:30 PM
My folks rented a place on lake lure for a week.. And I know nothing about the lake, I did read a ton of rules about the lake online... pages of rules... I am sure someone can clear this up..
From what I got out of it, I need a pedal boat...

what's the scoop on boating on the lake? as far as, can I take my 22? rules etc?

DonziDave
05-15-2007, 08:53 PM
I haven't been on Lake Lure for several years, but here is what I know.
The lake and the area are beautiful, but it is a private lake, so the owners get to make the rules. Most of the boats are small putt putts. Some of the owners have nice classic woody runabouts. They tend to discourage week-enders boating on thier lake...hence all the rules. Not familiar with the rules, but i expect one of them is a noise restriction.
Now the bad news.....the lake is very small, narrow, and winds through a gorge between the mountains. No place to beach, no area long enough for a speed run.
The lake is so small you can go from end to end in about 15 minutes at idle speed.

It is a beautiful area to chill though....Have fun....!!!!

Dave

Last Tango
05-15-2007, 08:58 PM
Dave is correct. Leave your Donzi at home this time, and take your walking shoes for Chimney Rock, and your sportiest sports car for the the best driving roads in this hemisphere. Trust me...

need for speed
05-16-2007, 06:11 AM
Thanks for the info... Just saved me a bunch of fuel!!:bonk: Got to love Rules....