PDA

View Full Version : Honey Do & Spring Don't Mix!!

MOP
05-14-2007, 06:14 AM
Sat AM finally got the boat uncovered, did my usual routine checked and rechecked dumped the batteries in and fired it off! Ah what a great sound to break the spring/neighborhood calm, smoked out every bug within 500 feet. Ran down and got a new cap/rotor & plugs, got back to Honey Do!!! Cover is back on did not get my first run as planned in my mind:bonk: But did manage to do many other semi distasteful things, damn it is time for:boat: I am not a yard :superman: I don''t want to be a spring Mr. Fixit:smash: I want to play!!! Please say a Donzi Prayer that I get wet this week!

Respectfully Mean Old Phil

f_inscreenname
05-14-2007, 06:50 AM
Sat AM finally got the boat uncovered, did my usual routine checked and rechecked dumped the batteries in and fired it off! Ah what a great sound to break the spring/neighborhood calm, smoked out every bug within 500 feet. Ran down and got a new cap/rotor & plugs, got back to Honey Do!!! Cover is back on did not get my first run as planned in my mind:bonk: But did manage to do many other semi distasteful things, damn it is time for:boat: I am not a yard :superman: I don''t want to be a spring Mr. Fixit:smash: I want to play!!! Please say a Donzi Prayer that I get wet this week!

Respectfully Mean Old Phil

Maybe while your at it say one for me to.:)

rustnrot
05-14-2007, 07:33 AM
Hey Phil, I gots to do some house painting, etc. while the Chris Craft XK18 sits on the baaaacckk burner for awhile.....

Throttle up one for me when you get it out OK!!

penbroke
05-14-2007, 08:24 AM
Sounds to me like you need to re-evaluate your prioritys. :wink:

Just kidding. I know the feeling... I finally got the SeaRay done and now I find out that the water is too high for the marina to set up the docks. :( I'm going to have to get back to my plumbing project. :eek!:

Hope you hit the waves soon.
Frank

Walt. H.
05-14-2007, 09:27 AM
Hey Phil,
Its been a while since our last phone call, but look what I did last thurs on the 10th which was my planned splashday for this year. Except my wife thinks I have my priorities alittle backwards, because I haven't dug the lawntractor out of my shop yet.
So now my lawn is 12" tall, I tolded her it was re-seeding itself to look better when I do get around to cut it, and I never got to rake any of the gravel back onto the driveway from the lawn either after plowing snow all winter and its too late to rake it now.
But heck, it felt pretty darn good to burn some of last yr's stabilized gas off, even though the water was a little too choppy to try out the prop I sent to Throttle-Up this past fall.
Will talk to you later hopefully soon, and I hope my pic's get you to do the same soon!:yes:
Walt

CHACHI
05-14-2007, 09:35 AM
Walt, I was out for a half an hour two weeks ago, and haven't splashed since then, too windy and cold. It did feel good to start getting rid of old fuel.

Ken

MOP
05-14-2007, 09:40 AM
I am determined it will get wet this week! Hey Walt where did you get those cute little "Mickey Mouse Ears" for your prop!!!!!

Phil

P.S. Working 5 days a week sucks!!!!

Walt. H.
05-14-2007, 09:42 AM
Hi Ken,
Not cold anymore, it was a pretty nice weekend temp wise even though I had to work and it'll be 81 degr's tomorrow, but the truth is I better start doing the home & yard care stuff now. Ugh!
Walt

Walt. H.
05-14-2007, 09:48 AM
Phil,
From West Marine a few yr's ago its called a "Prop Sock" soft vinyl florescent plastic still under $10.00 that hopefully catches the eye of the driver behind you when towing and keeps people from cutting their leg if they walk into the prop when you're fueling up at a roadside gas station.