PDA

View Full Version : Where to get flow torque hubs?

zimm17
05-13-2007, 07:51 AM
I found a 22p Bravo 1 4 blade prop in my garage. It doesn't have the hub assembly inside and I can't get the one in my Mirage prop to come out. Is this a west marine thing, or do I need to go to the dealer? I want to try this prop and see if it helps out with my shortie...

Here's a pic of the Mirage with hub, and the bravo 1 without hub.

RedDog
05-13-2007, 08:00 AM
contact MadPoddle

BigGrizzly
05-13-2007, 09:52 AM
You can get them from Overtons too. all merc dealers carry them. Three type available. Plastic, a composite, and a solid type. The price goes up in the same order. The solid hurts the drive gears when an obstacle is encountered. Honda will not approve any prop that has a solid hub, due to lower unit failures. They have proof. No solid hubs for me.

zimm17
05-13-2007, 10:29 AM
Yup, west marine has them. $39.99. Hopefully I'll get to try out the 22p bravo 1 before the big trip this weekend.

I sheared a power steering pump bolt, so that's another issue to work on.

BigGrizzly
05-13-2007, 09:51 PM
Fix the power steering we can handle the rest. Concentrate on the broken stuff the props are easy once the boat runs well.

zimm17
05-14-2007, 05:26 AM
I pulled the pump, it's a special metric stud- but it came right out. NAPA doesn't have 'em, so I'll be calling the merc dealers today.

In other good news, the dash is installed and about 3/4 the way wired up. More to follow on that.

roadtrip se
05-14-2007, 08:03 AM
I found a 22p Bravo 1 4 blade prop in my garage. It doesn't have the hub assembly inside and I can't get the one in my Mirage prop to come out. Is this a west marine thing, or do I need to go to the dealer? I want to try this prop and see if it helps out with my shortie...
Here's a pic of the Mirage with hub, and the bravo 1 without hub.

Second time. First time on your Shortie thread.

A BRAVO ONE PROP IS A STERN LIFTING PROPELLOR AND WILL AGGRAVATE THE TENDENCY OF A CLASSIC 22 WITH A SHORTIE TO RUN FLAT BY PLOWING THE NOSE BECAUSE A BRAVO ONE PROPELLOR DOES NOT LIFT THE NOSE.

IN SIMPLER TERMS, YOU WILL LOOK LIKE YOU ARE TRYING TO PLOW SNOW AND IT WILL BE THE FIRST TIME YOU HAVE EVER SEEN YOUR BOAT GENERATE A WAKE FROM THE BOW!

You will need the hub to try the Precison stuff at AOTH, so great move, and I guess that 22 Bravo One will make a great anchor at the raft off.

LKSD
05-15-2007, 07:27 AM
Yep.. A B1 on a 22c is gonna make it way to sticky & want to plow.. For ****s & Giggles, I tried one on my 06 22c & it was like the thing was stuck to the water.. Unless you plan on making a ton of mods to it you would be better of with a different blade like a cut down Hydromotive or an Attwood Ballistic 3 blade Or mirage + ... ;)

Jamie / Lakeside

zimm17
05-15-2007, 12:02 PM
Right now I'd be happy just to get on plane. I'll be sure to try out some props at the AOTH. I'll have my credit card ready if I find a prop that I can use through the weekend- or even to take home.

I also have a 25p Mirage that was on the boat. I'll bring it along. The turbo 1 is useless on my boat right now. It's an M14.25x25. Is that smaller diameter than a "normal" prop?

BigGrizzly
05-15-2007, 06:35 PM
That is a normal size, That isn't your problem. I have the prop for you right now!. I hope to bring it too

zimm17
05-15-2007, 06:48 PM
Cool, bring all the props you can! I just switched over to the 25p mirage. You guys talked me out of the bravo 1. I just got an email from the prior owner who said that prop plowed the bow down too.