PDA

View Full Version : Classic Cary !!!

lars
05-11-2007, 10:56 PM
I pray that a well heeled connoisseur will buy this "in a one of a kind condition" classic Cary. This gotta be a JEM.

MOP
05-12-2007, 06:16 AM
Lars that beauty belongs to Jim one of our very own Senior Donzi members, it is posted on my site and it is everything stated. We would be glad to help to get it across the ocean as long as we know it gets a very good home!

Phil

BUIZILLA
05-13-2007, 08:01 AM
yup, that's mine..... :yes: :yes:

:shades:

BUIZILLA
05-19-2007, 09:18 AM
couple interested calls so far....

one guy wants to repower it with diesels and send it to Europe, I told him a pair of new Dmax conversions or 315 Yanmars would be pretty sweet...

last guy wants to yank the inboards, put a SSM bracket on it with a pair of 300 HPDI Yammi's....

I really liked the second guys idea..:cool:

he's flying up from Barbados next weekend to check it out.

:yes:

lars
05-19-2007, 02:59 PM
Hallo Buizilla,
I'm not surprized You got some action on it. As far as setting it up with new power I got to say I like the idea to use one of the new low emission high performance diesels. I think diesel is the future in high performance. However todays outboards are very impressive. I'm running a 225 HO Evinrude on a classic 20SS Schiada and get great fuel economy and an honest 75 mph, but to stick outboards on this classic would in my opinion ruin the look.
P.S. I think the new E-tech Evinrudes are the greatest thing that happened in years to the boating industry. Clean, powerful and 3 years between maintainence stops. More time for boating and less hazzle. Hard to beat. D.S.
Check this link for an amazing diesel leisure boat.
http://www.xsmgworld.com/

Lenny
05-22-2007, 01:08 AM
Lars, here is your amazing Diesel leisure boat in real life.

It was the ONLY "go fast" I saw in all of Europe, while on the Ocean, and I was on every shore imaginable... :(

Anyways, this is in Monaco, entering the harbour where the Gran Prix is going to be next weekend, but the pic a few weeks ago...

And by the way, this thing was WAAAAYYYY bow heavy in attitude...not set up right and I believe an Arneson hanging off back...

:D

lars
05-22-2007, 03:18 AM
Thanks for the picture and the report Lenny. They must be very frustrated with the set up. Hopefully they don't have to re-design the hull.
Hope You had a great time in Monaco and where ever else You went ashore.

Best from Lars and welcome home.

DonziChick
06-17-2007, 09:40 AM
My boyfriend wants a Cary and wants to repower with disels and (maybe) arnsen (sp??) drives.

BUIZILLA
03-01-2008, 10:21 AM
free bump... :cool:

catch 22
03-01-2008, 07:33 PM
P.S. I think the new E-tech Evinrudes are the greatest thing that happened in years to the boating industry. Clean, powerful and 3 years between maintainence stops. More time for boating and less hazzle. Hard to beat. D.S.
This guy liked his E-Techs also.

tom freeman
03-01-2008, 07:48 PM
[quote=lars;411160]I pray that a well heeled connoisseur will buy this "in a one of a kind condition" classic Cary. This gotta be a JEM.[/quot

this boat is so sweet just like it is. how much is it and what's wrong with 2 454's it must sound great any way.

is there a link to the sale site?

Ed Donnelly
03-01-2008, 08:33 PM
Tom; Scroll up to MOP's posting and click on his work web site..Ed

Or just look below to a more computer savy chappy

chappy
03-01-2008, 08:33 PM
http://www2.yachtworld.com/core/listing/pl_boat_detail.jsp?&units=Feet&id=1708890&lang=en&slim=broker&&hosturl=taberyacht&&ywo=taberyacht&

BUIZILLA
03-01-2008, 09:55 PM
I pray that a well heeled connoisseur will buy this "in a one of a kind condition" classic Cary. This gotta be a JEM.

this boat is so sweet just like it is. how much is it and what's wrong with 2 454's it must sound great any way.

is there a link to the sale site? actually, it is VERY quiet, the Vernatone mufflers are under the rear floor and they are HUGE. You can easily carry on a normal conversation underway.. the twin Crusader 454's use about 25-30% LESS fuel than my 225 Johnson's did on my last boat. That's about $100 less per average full day in fuel costs, not including 2 cycle oil costs.. :cool:

tom freeman
03-02-2008, 07:35 AM
[quote=BUIZILLA;440578]actually, it is VERY quiet, the Vernatone mufflers are under the rear floor and they are HUGE. You can easily carry on a normal conversation underway.. the twin Crusader 454's use about 25-30% LESS fuel than my 225 Johnson's did on my last boat. That's about $100 less per average full day in fuel costs, not including 2 cycle oil costs.. :cool:[/quote

first I love your quote, the 3 things, second I am trapped with real estate on Miami Beach so my wife who loved the boat vetoed it just now. I have a freind i will show it to. It is beautiful.

BUIZILLA
03-02-2008, 07:52 AM
thanx Tom, my cell is 305.796.0222 if you wanna chat about it... :cool:

Jim

woz58
09-19-2008, 04:06 PM
yup, that's mine..... :yes: :yes:

:shades:
I have not visited the sight for a while. I'm wondering if the cary has been sold? thanks, Brian.

BUIZILLA
09-19-2008, 04:44 PM
sold...

chappy
09-19-2008, 07:05 PM
There's got to be a museum just for boats that you've sold somewhere, if not, there should be.

HIGH LIFE
09-21-2008, 10:33 AM
catch 22, Where did you find the MAGNUM o/b ??? I had 1 from '95-'00, was told by C. Everett Sutton,Magnum G.M. that mine was the last 1 built! Wonder how the C.G. changed. Boat sat nose down w/2 454 w/ V-drives. Top speed was 39.7 GPS. Miss that boat very much, could go any where anytime ! HIGH LIFE

Ghost
09-22-2008, 06:08 AM
I really like that Cary--if I hadn't bought my Nova last year, I'd have been bidding on it. A very interesting interior layout if you ask me.

As for repower discussions, IF one were to do it, I think jackshafted duoprop drives might be interesting for speed and efficiency, withougt compromising the lines much.