PDA

View Full Version : Time to turn to the sacred DONZI fraternity.

Jraysray
05-11-2007, 10:24 PM
I need to get to Austin this memorial weekend. You see it’s a b-day for me,(40) and a pump it up for my wife. She’s been busting butt at work.
So I am stuck on how to trailer the boat, play in the city and get the boat in the water. Need recommendations on everything. Do I stay in-town Friday/Sat? Go on the boat Sat and Sun. Where do I leave the boat at? AHHH if I only knew the area.

zimm17
05-12-2007, 08:03 AM
Not sure about the boat thing, but if you find a place to park it- I really like the Hilton in Austin- make sure it's the one across from the convention center, downtown, not the one towards the airport. Very nice place and walking distance to both drinking areas: the famous 6th ave (mostly college kids from UT), and the more grown up 25-30+ and up crowd in the "warehouse district" which I believe is 4th st. There's a great beer-only place on 4th that has like 100+ taps of beer- I forget the name though. You can't go wrong with the big Irish pub there too. You know you're in the right spot if the sidewalk is actually old loading docks- looks more like an old Nintendo video game with all the up and down stairs.

Have fun, Austin Rocks!