PDA

View Full Version : Suwanee River 5/19 - 5/20

Jamesbon
05-10-2007, 01:29 PM
For those of us who can't do the "Awakening," we have the next best thing in mind for the 19th. & 20th. of May...A few of us are planning on doing the Suwanee River.... Try to join us. Details to follow.....

Budmann
05-10-2007, 06:06 PM
Wow!! We just planned this this afternoon. Nate... are you guys missin the Suwannee??

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm already there!!!!!!!!!!!:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

I will be hosting a pre-suwannee get-together @ Staples Homasassa house! I will be grilling and serving boat sodas for all that would like to join us.

Jamesbon
05-10-2007, 07:30 PM
Hell ya! Those crystal clear springs are very, very cool. (no pun... :) )

Budmann
05-10-2007, 07:36 PM
SWEET!!!!!!!!!! Hey Nate, no more catching Sturgon on the way up the River!!
You really slow the group down!!!:lookaroun: :lookaroun: :lookaroun: :lookaroun: :lookaroun: :lookaroun:

Jamesbon
05-10-2007, 07:42 PM
Now that I have a stainless windshield to deflect the catch, I should be able to keep up ;) ...if not, the caviar is on me. :)

Budmann
05-10-2007, 07:48 PM
I'll bring the crackers!!!:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Cuda
05-12-2007, 05:05 PM
I'm ready for the Suwannee, and Lord knows we are way past due visiting Debbie's parents in Old Town, but unfortunately, I have a class to go to that weekend. :( Debbie's daughter said last week that there were places you could wade across the river. Deb's dad says he's never seen it that low, and he's lived there his entire life. I know the St John's came up a good eight inches to a foot in the past five days or so, judging by the canal behind my house, so maybe it's up there too. I'll have Debbie call her dad when she wakes up from her nap.

Budmann
05-12-2007, 05:48 PM
That big front is supposed to come thru up in Georgia on monday, so I hope that will give us some much needed water.

Jamesbon
05-12-2007, 07:30 PM
If we can make it from the ramp to the first spring or two....I'm good :)

Budmann
05-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Nate, I spoke with T.F. a few min. ago and he's ify!!! Work that side and we will worry about water latter!

Bud

Jamesbon
05-12-2007, 08:14 PM
Right on. I think the "flying sturgeon" have him concerned. I don't blame him...
I'm hoping that "lightning doesn't strike the same place twice."
Not sure what the levels should be, take a look at the website below, does it help?
http://www.srwmd.state.fl.us/water+data/surfacewater+levels/real-time+river+levels.asp

Cuda
05-12-2007, 08:24 PM
I just got off the phone with Debbie's dad. He said the river is way down, but it is passable with a minimum of 3.5 to 4 feet in the shallowest areas, but he doesn't reccomend going past the Sante Fe River. He said the sandbar by Hart Springs is completely out of the water, and it's in the center of the river, but said you can pass on either side of it. The only other place he said was at Jack's Sandbar, which is towards the Gulf from Yellow Jacket Landing, and there's only one side of it to pass on, but I forget which side he said. He said all the boat launches near US 19 have plenty of water to launch, including John O Green at the foot of the bridge, Hinton Landing, which is right by there, Purvis Landing, and McCrab Landing all have enough water. He did say that if anyone is running fast, be very careful of the sturgeon. He said they are jumping like crazy. He said it wasn't quite as low as last summer, but he has never seen the river as clear as it is now. Probably because the only water in it is coming from the springs. Usually, that river rises when it rains in the Okeefenokee Swamp, which is where that huge fire is burning. He said that fire is over 200,000 acres now. He said they are also getting a lot of smoke from the fire near McCleny, which is where US 301 hits I-10. He said they were afraid the fire was going to jump I-10, but he thinks they got it stopped there.

Budmann
05-16-2007, 06:03 PM
Hey Cuda, have you heard what the smoke is like on the River??

Cuda
05-16-2007, 06:39 PM
He said they had been getting a lot of it.

I'll have Debbie call him as soon as she gets done trimming the hedges. :)

Budmann
05-16-2007, 06:45 PM
"Oh praise thy King"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes

I'd be happy with someone who could make me a sandwich!!

Cuda
05-17-2007, 06:41 AM
I forgot to have her call again. :(
I'll try to remember when to have her call when she's done with her morning chores. :)

Budmann
05-17-2007, 06:46 AM
I await your message!!!:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Budmann
05-17-2007, 03:41 PM
Nate, I just spoke to Best Western in Chiefland. They said its clear as a bell so I booked both our rooms!

Um, based on our phone discussion today... We "HAVE" to go to the Suwannee!!!:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Jamesbon
05-17-2007, 03:49 PM
10-4! Thanks Man!

Cuda
05-17-2007, 04:25 PM
Debbie just talked to her dad, he said there is no smoke there today, but a cold front is supposed to push in Saturday, and that will mean winds from the north, where 185,000 acres are burning. He said it's supposed to get down to 53 there this weekend.:eek!:

Budmann
05-17-2007, 05:34 PM
That temp will just about cool my fat @$$ off in the evening!!:) :) :) :)

BUIZILLA
05-17-2007, 05:35 PM
:propeller:

ut oh...

:wink: :yes:

Budmann
05-17-2007, 05:43 PM
Yea, we are still waiting for the Southern folk to join us.:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: