PDA

View Full Version : Stainless marine 4" tips/flange relief question.

Lenny
05-10-2007, 10:21 AM
I need a set of angle cut, 4" Stainless Marine tips. I need to know how much (if any) needs to be relieved from the top of the flange in order to fit under the rub rail on the trainsom of the X18.

Standard X dimension, 24 1/2" centers, up 12 1/4" from 14 1/2" X dimension to center.

Then, I need to get Poodle to order those too ;) for me...

Basically, I guess if I know the overall outside dimension of the flange I could figure it out myself prior to ordering.

CHACHI
05-10-2007, 11:08 AM
I would guess 6 inches for the O.D. of the flange.

Ken

BERTRAM BOY
05-10-2007, 12:02 PM
Lenny,
Don't order anything yet. I have slightly used pair for sale.

mrfixxall
05-10-2007, 12:07 PM
Mine measure 5 3/4,,with the outside flange..

MOP
05-10-2007, 12:30 PM
Lenny most X dimensions are slightly different, buy the tips then run a straight edge from the riser to the transom in several spots around the exhaust risers outlet holding it squarely on the area that the hose will slip onto marking the inside of the transom as you go. Criss cross the lines at 180 degrees for a perfect center then drill a 1/4" hole from the inside out use that as you pilot hole to hole saw from the outside in been doing this for longer then most up were born, they will be absolutely spot. Use a 4-1/4" hole saw which will give you a little lee way.

Phil

mrfixxall
05-10-2007, 02:59 PM
Lenny which drive are you using? if its a merc i can let you use the mercury through transm exhaust patterns...I also have 6 4'' x 10 '' ss angle cut tips you can have a pair if you pay the shipping....you just need to replace the inner flappers and their real easy to replace..