PDA

View Full Version : MadPoodle is a Good Egg!

Fish boy
05-09-2007, 08:53 PM
Hello everyone, long time no talk to (unless it is on other boards). As many of you know, I made the decision not to return to this board well over a year ago for personal reasons. While those reasons still exist, I also recognize that good deeds should not go unnoticed, and this is the best place to recognize and thank Scott a.k.a Madpoodle for being a great guy.

A couple of months ago, a friend had a very bad boating accident in central Florida at a boating event. we got him out of the water and called EMS, but by the time the helicopter got there, his pulse was very faint, he had lost a lot of blood, and there was not a lot of hope for him. He then had a heart attack in the hospital (he is 63 yrs/old) a couple days later and slipped into a coma. Fortunately, he has begun to rebound and was just released from the hospital to an assisted living facility yesterday. Hopefully he will be able to go home in 4-5 weeks, and many of us have been doing everything we can to try to make sure he has a home to come home to when that happens, pay bills, feed his 11 dogs (all strays he has taken in) and help him keep his insurance.

When we began trying to raise money to help him, somehow madpoodle found about the accident and got in touch with me to offer to do anything to help. When we made the decision to have an auction to raise money, Poodle was one of the first people to send several substantial items and would not even let me pay for the shipping- they were heavy!

I cannot tell you what a world of difference he made in the auction. The fact that he has never even met Joe, just heard about the accident and made the effort to contact me to help in any way and all on his dime really says a lot about the poodle.

Of course anyone who has broken down at an event knows he is always the first there to try to help. This also goes for all those folks in Florida who got nailed with hurricanes over the past years- he is the first to load up his truck with ice, generators, tarps.. anything he can carry and give them out to those in need; whether he knows them or not.

Anyway, I know poodle is too humble to tell anyone about all the good things he does, but I wanted to make sure this good and incredibly altruistic deed did not go unnoticed... or un-thanked.

Thank you Poodle, you are definitely one of the good ones. :)

fish

yeller
05-10-2007, 12:27 AM
Very generous act Madpoodle. I have contacted poodle only a couple times, but in those two times, I could tell he is one of the rare ones.

It's good news that your friend is getting better, Fish. Hope he makes a full recovery.

Johntrip
05-10-2007, 09:09 AM
Cool!

Carl C
05-10-2007, 05:00 PM
He's always been good to me. Maybe some of the things that caused you to leave have improved.

Budmann
05-10-2007, 05:17 PM
Well that education my brother has appears to have paid off!! :wink: :wink:

All joking aside, my brother is right... Poodle is one of the best people I have ever met!!! I am fortunate that I get to talk and see him quit often and look forward to every time.:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Has "HOTTIE wife too"!!

Bud

txtaz
05-10-2007, 06:11 PM
Yep, Scott is good people...hard headed...but definately someone you would want in your corner. I'm sure there is a lot he does that people don't know.

Jody, We hope your friends gets well soon.

The Taz's

gcarter
05-10-2007, 06:21 PM
Yep!!
I agree, Scott is a good guy and a real asset to all of us.

Budmann
05-10-2007, 07:05 PM
Oh you will think of something!!!:) :) :) :) :) :)

catch 22
05-10-2007, 08:05 PM
Scott has been a big help and a good friend since the day we bought the 22. Gina & I do appreciate that. Now if this doesn't stop there won't be a hat big enough. Not even his favorite Dunkin Donut Hat. Or did Heidi throw that one out. :bighug: :biggrin.: :biggrin.:

Cuda
05-11-2007, 07:27 AM
I would also nominate Poodle for the GE award. He's always been very helpful.

chappy
05-11-2007, 07:36 AM
Always available when I had any question. Great guy:yes:

Rich

BGH18
05-11-2007, 06:25 PM
Pat on the back poodle, good to hear of the good people doing good things!!

roadtrip se
05-11-2007, 08:49 PM
LOL, hmmm, who to ban, who to ban??? :eek!: :eek!:

pick me! I certainly qualify. Um, secrets out.

undertaker
05-12-2007, 07:40 AM
Yes pick Todd:) :) :) :yes: :yes: ......Poodle is COOL:) thanks for the new prop will be testing today.....hopefully....work has been getting in the way lately:boggled: :boggled: :boggled: Hope to see you in Kentucky..

Undertaker:pimp:

WA-LO
05-12-2007, 12:57 PM
Always there to help!!! Glad he lives close you never know living
in FLA. whats gonna happen next!!!! Fires, hairycanes,Tidalwaves etc.

Donzigo
05-12-2007, 01:44 PM
A while back, a guy's Donzi quit at one of the events and sure enough, before I could get turned around, Madpoodle was already headed back to help. I had the larger boat; so, I pulled the guy in; but, it was noticed who was right there on the spot helping...........our own, Scott Baxter.

Did you convince Jodie to come back and post over here again. OK, so maybe he had a beef with someone.................so, it's not the first time, nor the last the family of Donzi disagrees about something.

Just bring up Oil, Windshields, Trailer tires, the list is too long..........

Budmann
05-12-2007, 01:52 PM
No, Jody will not come back until the "HISTORY" of Donzi is true fact!!

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Fish boy
05-16-2007, 06:48 AM
A while back, a guy's Donzi quit at one of the events and sure enough, before I could get turned around, Madpoodle was already headed back to help. I had the larger boat; so, I pulled the guy in; but, it was noticed who was right there on the spot helping...........our own, Scott Baxter.
Did you convince Jodie to come back and post over here again. OK, so maybe he had a beef with someone.................so, it's not the first time, nor the last the family of Donzi disagrees about something.
Just bring up Oil, Windshields, Trailer tires, the list is too long..........
Not trying to detract from my thanks to poodle or the recognition of his altruism, but I got a call from my brother and I guess I left the wrong impression with a lot of you in my first post. I love the board and the people here, but this is why I chose not to return. Just went on for too long and it has now somehow trickled over to Donzi marines site too :(

http://www.donzi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=88 starts on post #6

Probably does not mean a lot to most of you, but it is something very personal to me.

fish