PDA

View Full Version : Would love to see the hull number on this...

Lenny
05-09-2007, 06:53 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Donzi-Classic-Ski-Boat-351-V-8_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ63686QQihZ002QQitemZ1 20118247134QQrdZ1#ebayphotohosting

SurfGreenTele
05-09-2007, 07:05 PM
From the description at the top - GT90L526678

I was just checking it out before... Eaton - talk about OLD school! :eek!:

Sweet little 16
05-09-2007, 08:08 PM
351 eaton?????????:eek!: :eek!:

penbroke
05-09-2007, 08:58 PM
From the description at the top - GT90L526678
I was just checking it out before... Eaton - talk about OLD school! :eek!:

I don't think that's the HIN he has in mind...

It does meet your requirements as stated in your sig there SurfGreen... After all, somebody's got to save it...

Frank

BERTRAM BOY
05-09-2007, 09:11 PM
Lenny,
Some of the boats from '65-'66 don't have hull numbers. I looked everywhere on mine and I think it might be hull #23. It's so hard to tell. Unless the owner has the original documentation, the best bet is to go by the options....as in this case the eaton drive.

If I remember correctly Brownie told me the the first 25 16's had eaton drives, and the first 40 had no clamshell vents.

SurfGreenTele
05-09-2007, 09:48 PM
I don't think that's the HIN he has in mind...
It does meet your requirements as stated in your sig there SurfGreen... After all, somebody's got to save it...
Frank

:D

Think that Eaton will last? It looks like a Kitchen Aid mixer. :tongue:

Lenny
05-09-2007, 10:18 PM
:D
Think that Eaton will last? It looks like a Kitchen Aid mixer. :tongue:

When it doesn't, you could put on a Volvo.

Great starting resto boat if it is basically sound and the price doesn't go South. I'd be interested if it wasn't for the "Virginia, 3500 miles away thingy" :D

You could end up with a "Mattyboy boat".

SurfGreenTele
05-09-2007, 10:35 PM
When it doesn't, you could put on a Volvo.
Great starting resto boat if it is basically sound and the price doesn't go South. I'd be interested if it wasn't for the "Virginia, 3500 miles away thingy" :D
You could end up with a "Mattyboy boat".

True! :) Looks like this one might take some work to get it running though.

In some ways, I actually like old worn looking Donzis the most. Just like an old beat up Fender Strat or Tele. :cool:

superhatz
05-09-2007, 11:44 PM
I just love seeing the unmolested boats......

.....someone's gonna save that one right?

I sincerely hope so.

Lenny
05-09-2007, 11:57 PM
True! :) Looks like this one might take some work to get it running though.
In some ways, I actually like old worn looking Donzis the most. Just like an old beat up Fender Strat or Tele. :cool:

Motor, relatively PEANUTS, the Drive, a quick, cheap, used conversion and a Grizz prop...

If the deck is good-ish, the stringers good-ish, the hull looks somewhat like it should, and you get it for under 3, I'd be on this like $hit on a blanket. Freshen up or a new 351, a used 280T, 23" Solas from Grizz and voila... :)

I'd be think'in about this one if money matters and you REALLY want a DONZI. Be sure the gel hasn't gone sideways and left Earth and you can walk on the deck sort-of and the deck is NOT wavy but has a semblence of a smooth design...

Sweet little 16
05-10-2007, 09:19 AM
I mean i am just a girl, you guys would know better but you sure that's not a 289 or 302 the thru hulls look to low and wide it is hard to tell from the pic on the top of the motor but a 351 would turn that eaton in a billion flying rotating metal confetti boat does have some great potential

penbroke
05-10-2007, 09:20 AM
...In some ways, I actually like old worn looking Donzis the most. Just like an old beat up Fender Strat or Tele. :cool:

Then you would love mine...:yes:

Frank

BERTRAM BOY
05-10-2007, 09:20 AM
I hate to be a pessimist here, but I would be absolutley shocked if the deck was still solid. Remember, they didn't use end-grain balsa back then, and if this boat sat outside for any length of time (which it looks like it did) you're talking about a full deck-off restoration.

Sweet little 16
05-10-2007, 09:34 AM
true it looks like the deck is bowed just in front of the rub rail in some of the pics
but the serial number is a real one for the eaton drive

SurfGreenTele
05-10-2007, 04:35 PM
I hate to be a pessimist here, but I would be absolutley shocked if the deck was still solid. Remember, they didn't use end-grain balsa back then, and if this boat sat outside for any length of time (which it looks like it did) you're talking about a full deck-off restoration.

Yeah, I was kinda thinking that myself, remembering the advice that you and Matty gave when I had asked about that yellow 16 in West Milford from Boat Trader - the one that had the Eaton bolts...and repair from the fire in the transom.