PDA

View Full Version : It is official now!

The Hedgehog
05-08-2007, 11:14 PM
The Big Green Zx is leaving Lake Eufaula:mad: We were going to keep our house on Saint Francis Point as a second home but got an offer too good to refuse. I am actually pretty sad about the whole thing but life deals you those hands on occasion. I will miss the lake, the short distance to Tex, the laid back nature of the place and the marina around the corner from my house where the mechanic Larry happens to know something about blower motors.

The good news is that we go up to Tennessee on Fri to start looking at homes on Centerhill Lake. I am told that it is a good place to be. Do you guys know anyone in that area who works on performance boats? I am guessing that Buizilla is in the know in that area.

LKSD
05-09-2007, 01:17 AM
Congrats on moving up.. :)

I dont know any shops where you are moving to, however now I am only half as far away as I used to be for you.. lol... ;) Jamie / Lakeside

RedDog
05-09-2007, 07:28 AM
I don't know of any shops but I boat there a time or 2 per year. I'm scheduled to be there over July 4th. Maybe we can rendezvous?

RickR also has a place there - I think at the upper end - Rock Island?

BUIZILLA
05-09-2007, 07:54 AM
Rock Island is actually at the very lower end, but it's a nice cruise to the other end. I am slap dab in the middle on the east side of the Hurricane bridge just north east and across the water from the old Aqua Tech thingy. In my 12 years being around there I am not aware of any performance shops what_so_ever on or around the lake itself.... I don't remember if you said you wanted to live in the Smithville area or Cookeville side??? If it's Smithville side, look into Four Seasons home owners area, it's just south of the SR70 bridge on the west side of the lake fork, they have their own private small marina with docks and fuel available, or you have to go over on the north side to Hurricane docks which is about 6 miles north of Smithville itself on the northwest side of the bridge. On the far west is Centerhill Marina or Edgar Evans Park,, EE is sort of a pain to commute to from either Smithville or Cookeville. Cookeville Boat Docks is at the east side of the fingers, and not a bad place, but it's kinda old and ruled forever by the same family, I use CBD a LOT when there. On the west side of the bridge is where Alan Jacksons house is on a kinda exclusive spit of mountain, but that area HAS grandfather rights for docks...

RedDog
05-09-2007, 08:38 AM
Rock Island is actually at the very lower end...

I guess it depends on how you define upper and lower. Here in TN we call the upstream end of a lake the upper end.

Here is a fair on-line map of the lake and surrounding area - http://www.state.tn.us/twra/fish/Reservoir/TWRA_maps/ctrhill.pdf

BUIZILLA
05-09-2007, 09:16 AM
ok....

blow that map up to 200%, if you were to follow the bold SR56 road line at the exact west> east direction at the east bridge side, towards the right on the map, just across the mountain and section of water, my house is on that east side point and my deck faces NW across the water into the slight basin curve area, which is about 1/2 mile wide at that point, I am on the east side of that waterway, right at the lower corp. property level, there are only 14 other homes around me on that whole east mountain side where I am. There are actually some killer places to live on my side, easy commute to Cookeville, but I would have to tell you or take you there personally as some are kinda hidden, but I know most every back road up there intimately.. there is actually a couple extremely cool property's for sale right by me on that side if your wife is gonna work in Cville, then that would make sense to look there. Cville is MUCH bigger than Sville for living/shopping/schools yada-yada. Not knowing your budget, or your wife's new job location, i'm not sure which direction to send you right now. I am very close friends with the Roger's family that owns a bunch of GM and Ford dealerships in Sparta and McMinnvile and they may be able to help you on automotive related things.

JH

Forrest
05-09-2007, 09:57 AM
That was quick! We're going to miss seeing you guys on the lake. St. Frances Point property sells quickly since it's nice and so close to town. I would bet that you will find that a lake house in Tennessee will be a little more pricy than one here on Lake Eufaula. Anyway best of luck, and if you can, try to make it back for a future Eufaula Labor Day Donzi event.

BigGrizzly
05-09-2007, 12:03 PM
Now you can go to Cumberland for the get togethers

The Hedgehog
05-09-2007, 02:28 PM
ok....
blow that map up to 200%, if you were to follow the bold SR56 road line at the exact west> east direction at the east bridge side, towards the right on the map, just across the mountain and section of water, my house is on that east side point and my deck faces NW across the water into the slight basin curve area, which is about 1/2 mile wide at that point, I am on the east side of that waterway, right at the lower corp. property level, there are only 14 other homes around me on that whole east mountain side where I am. There are actually some killer places to live on my side, easy commute to Cookeville, but I would have to tell you or take you there personally as some are kinda hidden, but I know most every back road up there intimately.. there is actually a couple extremely cool property's for sale right by me on that side if your wife is gonna work in Cville, then that would make sense to look there. Cville is MUCH bigger than Sville for living/shopping/schools yada-yada. Not knowing your budget, or your wife's new job location, i'm not sure which direction to send you right now. I am very close friends with the Roger's family that owns a bunch of GM and Ford dealerships in Sparta and McMinnvile and they may be able to help you on automotive related things.
JH

My wife has taken a job at the Hospital in McMinnville so we are looking on the Smithville side. We will be out on the lake in the 16 this weekend.

I will definately be in touch. Thanks.

The Hedgehog
05-09-2007, 02:35 PM
That was quick! We're going to miss seeing you guys on the lake. St. Frances Point property sells quickly since it's nice and so close to town. I would bet that you will find that a lake house in Tennessee will be a little more pricy than one here on Lake Eufaula. Anyway best of luck, and if you can, try to make it back for a future Eufaula Labor Day Donzi event.

Way too quick! I would like to make it back to Eufaula for the event. I still work in Bama a good bit and have friends and family down there. We really like it and are considering a lot purchase for good measure.

Nice appreciation in a couple of years helps with the price of Tn property.

Actually I am finding the property cheaper than SF point. But then I am also not finding any 2 acre lots in town either.

Now I have looked at some property in Norris Lake that does make all else look cheap.

On the good note, Griz is right. I will be making the Cumberland type events. That will be cool.

MOP
05-09-2007, 04:16 PM
Shoot Eh! Ah! Yah Kain't get thar from here!

gero1
05-09-2007, 10:10 PM
you'll have to drive to nashville for quality glass work with a warranty. there is a good motor man on the north side of dale hollow, he has a single engine cougar that runs very high 120's other than that it's back into nashville. parts you can mail order

gero1
05-09-2007, 10:38 PM
i don't know how to send a link but here's a site for ya, music city powerboats.com i see alot of thse guys on dale hollow for the races at the end of the year

The Hedgehog
05-11-2007, 10:02 AM
I hear that there is a guy in Nashville that knows his stuff. Not as good as around the corner but only an hour away.

gero1
05-11-2007, 08:38 PM
i am in nashville m-f so picking up something for you is no big deal and meet you at carthage, save you some hassel and driving. i am sure the guys on music city can tell more

The Hedgehog
05-15-2007, 05:52 AM
i am in nashville m-f so picking up something for you is no big deal and meet you at carthage, save you some hassel and driving. i am sure the guys on music city can tell more

Good deal. I am sure that we will talk.

Spent a little time on the lake last weekend. That is one beautiful place!

The Hedgehog
05-15-2007, 06:34 AM

Yes, I did find the Tn property to be more pricey! :eek!: Eufaula is a good deal.

I do see a piece or two that I like. I am pretty sure that I will be able to have a good time up there.