PDA

View Full Version : 26ZX Wind Deflector

Splash
05-07-2007, 03:11 PM
Bad news is my Wind Deflector got smashed on the last Ice/Snow storm we had. We were in FL. for a long weekend and of course this storm moves in and ends up collapsing my Structure right on top of the boat. The good news is my insurance covered the $2800 bill but I have a quick question.
I ordered the windshield from Donzi, thing came created with the holes drilled and it included the piece of metal that joins the two Acrylic pieces together as well as new grommets and screws. When I started to take the old deflector off I noticed they used some type of adhesive to probably help with bonding and sealing of the deflector. Does anyone know what they might have used; it looks like it’s an Adhesive/Sealant. Most of the stuff I have found says it’s incompatible with Acrylic which is what the Deflector is made of.
The only one I found so far is Life Seal Sealant (By Boatlife).
Thanks for any input, Jim
This is what the structure looked like before and a shot of the port side.

zelatore
05-07-2007, 04:44 PM
You might check the 3M datasheets (online - 3M.com) but my first thought would be 4200 fast cure.

Johntrip
05-07-2007, 05:43 PM
I recently took off the center bracket because the black paint was chipping off. Had it powdercoated in a blue.... Since yours is already off you could have yours done in red....... food for thought!:wink: