PDA

View Full Version : Carb mounting problem

Cuda
05-06-2007, 08:30 PM
I tried to put the carb on this evening, and when I tried to put the bracket on, it hits on the lever where the arrow on the left is. The arrow on the right bottom I can fix by moving the coil more towards the transom in the bracket.

Do you think those mounting studs I bought are long enough? They make it a pita to put the carb on, if you don't take it down almost exactly evenly, the carb will hang.

My question is, can I bend that lever out a little to make clearance for the bracket? Has anyone run into this problem before?

mrfixxall
05-06-2007, 08:40 PM
I tried to put the carb on this evening, and when I tried to put the bracket on, it hits on the lever where the arrow on the left is. The arrow on the right bottom I can fix by moving the coil more towards the transom in the bracket.
Do you think those mounting studs I bought are long enough? They make it a pita to put the carb on, if you don't take it down almost exactly evenly, the carb will hang.
My question is, can I bend that lever out a little to make clearance for the bracket? Has anyone run into this problem before?

You may have to file the areas where its rubbing and move the coil to one one of the higher bolts on the bellhousing away from the heat (straight up and down) . the studs will work fine..

Cuda
05-06-2007, 10:38 PM
You may have to file the areas where its rubbing and move the coil to one one of the higher bolts on the bellhousing away from the heat (straight up and down) . the studs will work fine..
I hate to file the blue anodizing off. The coil won't be a problem, it will slide in the bracket. As a matter of fact, I had to spin the coil 180 degrees today to get the wires from the distributor to reach. Previously, I had the distributor installed 180 degrees out. Instead of reinstalling the distributor, I had just changed the plug wires 180 degrees.

Cuda
05-07-2007, 02:11 PM
Smooth as snot on a doorknob! I had to put two nuts under them. I wished I'd know they were fine thread the first time I went to the hardware store.:)
Too bad I can't use the HP flame arrestor. :(

justleft
05-12-2007, 11:31 AM
Hey Cuda. Where did you get that bracket ?

bob

Cuda
05-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Hey Cuda. Where did you get that bracket ?
bob
I bought it from Trick Marine. www.trickmarine.net

Cuda
05-12-2007, 04:35 PM
Whatcha gonna do with the flame arrestor??? :D :D
Well, I'm waiting to see if someone is going to buy the HP longblock, and I'm holding all the stuff I have for it to see if whoever buys it wants it. If not, I'll pieced out what I have. A guy came the other day I think is going to buy the long block only. I'll keep you appraised.

Cuda
05-12-2007, 04:42 PM
I got the other bracket made and mounted, and got the linkage hooked up. I had to go to Lowes to buy a teflon spacer, that will fit over the quarter inch bolt that was half inch, and cut it down to fit the hole in the Holley. Now the damn fuel line came loose AGAIN in the a/n fitting.:mad: I guess better now, than when I'm in the water. That could get real ugly. I'm about to give up, take it somewhere and have them make up the hose. The bad part is it came loose from the fuel pump this time, which isn't easy to get the fittings back off. :(

Here's how it looks now.
Does anyone know what is supposed to go in this hole I marked in the intake? Should I just plug it? I have the temp sender on the other side, because that's where it was on the original. I'm pretty sure they both go in the water jacket.

BUIZILLA
05-12-2007, 05:11 PM
that hole is for a temp sensor for an audible over temp alarm

Cuda
05-12-2007, 05:22 PM
that hole is for a temp sensor for an audible over temp alarm
So I'd be safe to plug it?

BUIZILLA
05-12-2007, 05:25 PM
10-4

Cuda
05-12-2007, 08:00 PM
Get a socket head brass plug from a hyd shop ( :D ) if you can. They seem to tighten up quicker, and protrude less into the water gallery...
I think it's the exact same threads as some plugs I had left over from the Dana exhaust install, which I think are exactly like the plug that fits in my Formula's drain hole.

BUIZILLA
05-12-2007, 08:25 PM
3/8 Npt