PDA

View Full Version : Upstate NY members....

ChromeGorilla
05-03-2007, 06:32 PM
I figued I'd put this out to some fellow Donzi.net members.

My sister lives in the capital district. She's 24 aand night time grad student and has been teaching at a Catholic elementary school in Waterford for the school year. Earlier in the year the new principle told my sister that there was not room in the budget next school year for her position ( she is the most junior teacher). They would just have to do with one less teacher. My sister was aware of this and has been applying at local school districts. This morning the principle dropped a bomb on my sister and told her it was her last day. They told her "theres only 2 months left till the end of the year so...."

Anyway. My sister has no income. She asked me if I knew anyone that is looking for some type of help. This is by no means just looking for some charity, I'm just looking to help my sister who has always done the right thing in life but just got pooped on.

Either clerical, assistant, office type work or anything. She is available immediately. She told me she just plain needs a job.

She is extremely smart and very responsible. If anybody in the upstate needs a good worker. Please let me know.

Thanks.... CG
Scott

gold-n-rod
05-03-2007, 07:19 PM
Subsitute teaching? It's a good way for available teachers to be seen in action by peers and administrators.

Here in Michigan, subs register in their intermediate school districts and get put on a call list. In some places, it's necessary to register in each individual district.

Here, subs make $75-100/day..... more if they are they're in for an extended period of time.

Lots of burned out teachers call in "sick" during the last couple of months of school or they're really worn out and truely sick.

Have her check it out, although I'm pretty sure she's aware of the drill.

ChromeGorilla
05-03-2007, 07:21 PM
Yea.... she has subbed before, but it's hardly regular. Plus the school year is almost over....

undertaker
05-04-2007, 09:18 AM
Chrome I wish my business was in upsate NY I REALLY need someone who is a good, hard worker (hard to find) to do some office work for me....hope she finds something quickly....good luck to her..

Undertaker:)

Kirbyvv
05-04-2007, 11:34 AM
I've got an opening for receptionist/clerical worker 2 days a week in Clifton Park, NY if that helps. May lead to full time. If she is interested have her e-mail me and I can get her set up with an interview with my office manager.
work e-mail is
kvanvleet@hansonvanvleet.com

ChromeGorilla
05-04-2007, 02:30 PM
I've got an opening for receptionist/clerical worker 2 days a week in Clifton Park, NY if that helps. May lead to full time. If she is interested have her e-mail me and I can get her set up with an interview with my office manager.
work e-mail is
kvanvleet@hansonvanvleet.com

Thank you, I willl pass this on to her.

slapshot11
05-05-2007, 06:04 AM
We have healthcare related operations located in a variety of locations in upstate NY. Have her go to Northeasthealth.com. I just looked at it . We have full and part time administrative and clerical positions available.
PM me if you want more info.

Kirbyvv
05-08-2007, 12:05 PM
CG, pretty amazing site....got your sister coming in for an interview. And I thought it was all about Donzi's.

ChromeGorilla
05-08-2007, 10:35 PM
Just checking in from the middle of the Gulf.....

I just wanted to thank everyone that has offered advice and or leads. I thank you very much. Kirby , your right..... this IS an AMAZING site. Donzi.net, it's members and the friends I have met here have made my boat ownership much much more than it would have been if I had never stumbled upon this site. I honestly mean it.

Again, thanks to all those who have helped..... see ya in LG!

CG.... Scott

Kirbyvv
05-11-2007, 10:30 AM
CG:
Your sister starts with our firm next week!!!!! You can buy me a beer at the dust off.