PDA

View Full Version : Help on Pricing 1990 22 Classic King Cobra

Bvinc
05-03-2007, 09:28 AM
I know it's a touchy subject to get opioins on pricing, but I'm new to this scene & need some much need help.
1990 22 Classic King Cobra (Teal). King Cobra outdrive completely rebuilt in 2005 (have receipts for $9900.00)
Have boat at Victory Marine in Houston @ where Scotts works. He has been a big help. Had glass repairs in bow/keel & completely color sanded. It came out great. Interior has no tears, very clean w/new back seat.
Had quick & quiet exhaust installed & boat sounds awesome. The mech says it has an aggressive cam & everything looked fine. Compression test showed all cylinders are great. Pulled intake & installed new gasket for small vacumm leak from gasket. Replaced waterpump & serviced engine & outdrive for this season. Boat is ready to go. New carpet & rollers on trailer.
The only reason I am selling is to move up to a 27' or 28' Donzi.

Any help on range of pricing would be of a great H E L P P L E A S E
Bobby

chappy
05-03-2007, 11:58 AM
Bobby,

I don't think too many people are going to tell you what to ask for your boat. Two things drive boat sales. What the buyer is willing to pay and what the seller is willing to accept. I know that's a sea of gray in a black and white world, but that's the game. I think if you check out this site's classifieds, boattrader.com, boats.com, and ebay, you'll get an idea where to price your boat. A broker is also an option, he'll set the price, get as much as he can, but take a commission for the service. People are always looking for quality 22's, and I've read those drives are rock solid. Good luck.

Rich

Bvinc
05-03-2007, 01:14 PM
Thanks, I know it hard to set a price. I'm just not very experienced with the 22 classic. I tried to look on the web most of the boats are 1998 & above.

Anyone out there listening - I bought boat last Labor day for 16,500
& have put 4500.00 into it in the last couple of months getting it right for this season. I know I'm not getting that $ back just hoping to recoup as much as allowed. I am excepting offers or trades to larger boat.

Thanks,

Bobby

gcarter
05-03-2007, 03:36 PM
Need for Speed sold his identical boat on eBay for an astounding amount of money. The right person was bidding on it.........:eek!: :eek!:
That's about all you can say.

You can probably get your money back.
You have to be somewhat aggressive and very patient.